AA larger | smaller
MARK EVERTON It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our loving husband, father and brother, Mark Everton. Surrounded by his family, his battle with cancer ended on Friday, August 3, 2012. Mark was a kind, generous man who could always be counted on to help in any situation. He was an amazing and wonderful husband, father and grandfather and will be greatly missed by his wife, Debbie, his daughters, Amanda and her husband Blair, Hilary and her husband Dan, and his grandchildren, Barak, Nolan, Jillian and Jack. He also leaves to mourn, his brothers, Joe (Dorothy), Andy, Jim (Susan) and his sisters, Alice, Susan and Lisa (Ron) and many nephews and nieces. Mark will be missed deeply by his in-laws, Gordon, Diana, Lori and Susan. He was predeceased by his father, Arthur, mother, Genevieve and brother, Ferdie. We would like to thank St. Boniface Hospital Emergency and CancerCare for the wonderful care and support he received during his illness. An intimate memorial with close family will take place at a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Pancreatic Cancer Canada www.pancreaticcancercanada.ca.
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on August 08, 2012
Guest Book(27 entries)
- Mark, I never knew you but I heard many great things about you from Grandpa (Andy). You were a brave person and will be missed!
- Posted by: McKenzie Rolland on: Jul 10, 2013
- Dear Hilary & Dan, Barak & Nolan - Our condolences to you all on the passing of your beloved father & grandfather. You are in our thoughts & prayers....Jim & Helene Flynn
- Posted by: Jim & Helene Flynn (Friend) on: Aug 15, 2012
- Oh Hilary....we just read it in the paper and are so sorry for each of you. Your dad was a wonderful person and has a beautiful family to remember him. Love and prayers to you all.
- Posted by: Mike, Susan, Cody and Jesse Carmody (Friends) on: Aug 15, 2012
- Worked with Mark at Fort Customs in the early 90's. He was a patient and positive mentor who always took time to teach and encourage the summer student officers. Very sorry to hear of your loss.
- Posted by: Cathy Bruyere (nee Gadd) on: Aug 15, 2012
- My condolences to all of you!!! I had the pleasure of growing up down the street from " The Evertons" in Fort Frances. Many great memories, my favorite was hanging out at the Fort Frances Hotel with Amanda and Hilary as her parents worked and ran their business. It was an honour to know such a great people. Sorry for your loss!
- Posted by: Jennifer Jourdain (McLean) (Friend) on: Aug 15, 2012
- I'm so sorry to hear of Mark's passing. He was a dear boy who became a charming man. My thoughts are with you all.
- Posted by: Carole Wylie (cousin) on: Aug 14, 2012
- Deb, Hilary, Amanda and families. Just wanted to say how sorry we are to hear of Mark's passing. We only knew him a few years but he was a super guy. We really enjoyed his visits to the lake with Dan when they would come over for a chat. We will miss that very much. He certainly was a great man in every way. Hope that you all will have many happy memories of him in years to come and keep his memory alive for his beautiful grandchildren. Rest in Peace Mark. Hope there is another Malachi up there for you.
- Posted by: Ed and Pat Thiessen (Friend) on: Aug 12, 2012
- Debbie and family, My condolences on the loss of Mark.
Mark was truly one of the really nice people in this world.
- Posted by: Linda ( Nowell) Schram (Friend) on: Aug 12, 2012
- Always enjoyed the time at work with Mark. He was a valuable asset when he was in the Fort. All who worked with him there will miss him. Condolences to Debbie and her family at this most difficult time.
- Posted by: Larry Kivimaki (Co-worker Canada Customs) on: Aug 11, 2012
- many happy memories with Mark! thoughts and prayers at this time.
- Posted by: guy and kim beaudry (both work with Mark at Canada Customs at Fort Frances.) on: Aug 10, 2012
- Condolences to Deb and his family. We have known Mark for many years.
- Posted by: Fred & Jean Wilson (Friends) on: Aug 10, 2012
- I have the absolute BEST memories of doing coffee with Mark and our gang for many years when we worked together downtown. He had the best advice, all the DIY knowledge and a kind and gentle demeanor. I will miss you my friend. My condolences to Deb and family, what a tremendous loss.......
- Posted by: Rita Leonard (Worked with Mark atCanada Customs) on: Aug 10, 2012
- Very sorry to hear of the loss of your dear Mark. Please accept our sincere sympathies to the Everton Families at this sad time, we pray for you.
- Posted by: Maurice and Bev Basset (friends) on: Aug 10, 2012
- Firstly, my condolences to Deb and family, actually to anyone that knew Mark. He is a great loss to all of us. We go back many years, to elementary school. I have lots of memories that are surfacing now, things that I hadn't thought about for years. The New Years Eve's we spent playing Rummoli. The Mexican vacation, looking for the "Big Pyramid." The family trips to visit you guys in the "Fort." Our trip to the mountains with the babies and the trailer full of diapers. So many things..... By the way Deb, it WAS me that suggested those tuxes at your wedding :-) I could ramble on for pages but I'm ending this with a question for Mark. Is there Nascar in heaven? I miss you buddy, rest in peace.
- Posted by: Lorry Falvo (Friend) on: Aug 10, 2012
- When I worked with Mark he was so proud of his daughters, and then later his grandchildren. He will be missed.
- Posted by: Janice Lavallee (Former Co-worker) on: Aug 9, 2012
- I will miss you Mark. Your easy humor and ready remarks. Your willingness to help anyone with anything. My sympathy to Deb and family on your great loss. Godspeed.
- Posted by: Rose Loewen (Friend/co-worker) on: Aug 9, 2012
- We will always remember Mark as a soft spoken, lovable guy. Our thoughts are with Debbie and family.
- Posted by: Aunty Theresa, Laurie and Graham (Aunt and Cousin) on: Aug 8, 2012
- Wish to send our condolences to the family. Mark will be missed by all that knew him. This comes from Noreen Everton (Aunt) and the rest of the family.
- Posted by: Leslie (Everton) Remillard (Cousin) on: Aug 8, 2012
- Mark was a great gentle man with a big heart that will be missed. He would travel many times the distance to help family and friends to make their lives a better place. He had the wisdom of a book worm when it came to a problem or project. Thank you Mark for being a great friend in my life. I was very very saddened on the news of your short battle with your illness and how fast you left us, my heart is deepened with sorrow for Deb, Amanda, Hillary and your grandchildren you left behind. You will never be forgotten my friend, God bless
- Posted by: Roberto Mediros (Brother inlaw) on: Aug 8, 2012
- I've known Mark for many years. He was a gentle and kind man. He will be greatly missed.
- Posted by: lorraine (friend/co-worker) on: Aug 8, 2012
- Godspeed on your journey Mark.
Prayers for your family during their grief.
- Posted by: Ted & Maureen Redsky (worked with in Fort Frances) on: Aug 8, 2012
- Sincere sympathy to the family. I remember Mark very well when we were younger and in school. HE WAS A GOOD FRIEND TO EVERYONE.
- Posted by: Dawn (Longden) Jackson (school friends) on: Aug 8, 2012
- We admired Mark's courage, grace and sense of humour during his illness. He will be missed but more importantly he will always be remembered.
- Posted by: Joe and Dorothy Everton (Brother and Sister in law) on: Aug 8, 2012
- Knew Mark while growing up in Transcona. He was a great guy.
- Posted by: Helen (School friend) on: Aug 8, 2012
- I had the pleasure of working with Mark for quite some time at Canada Customs in Winnipeg. Mark was always a gentleman with a quick smile and a good sense of humour. He took great pride in his work as a Customs Inspector and was just an all around great guy to work with, he was always ready to give you a hand. Mark was well respected for his extensive Customs knowledge and experience and was a "go to guy" when you needed help with a technical question. Mark was very well liked by everyone and he will be missed.
My condolences to his family.
- Posted by: Greg Boswick (Worked with Mark at Canada Customs) on: Aug 8, 2012
- Mark was great to work with and always full of information and insight. He was on par with Google !
Condolences to his wife and family
Grand Forks ND
- Posted by: Blaine Batchelor (Fellow employee with Canada Customs) on: Aug 8, 2012
- We had many great times, laughs and a few times of sorrow together. Although we didn't talk everyday, you were never far from our thoughts. We'll miss you bud.
- Posted by: Murray & Shelley Wepruk (Friends) on: Aug 8, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.