AA larger | smaller
ROBERT (BOB) WILLIAM WILSON May 26, 1952 - June 14, 2012 He was a devoted son, brother, uncle, husband and friend. With heavy hearts we announce that Bob passed away in Victoria, BC, at the Royal Jubilee Hospital, with Lynn, his loving wife and best friend for 43 years, at his side. He had been diagnosed, four months earlier, with colon cancer. Bob will be greatly missed by his wife Lynn (nee Limerick), his brother David (Marlene) of Edmonton, his brother Greg (Jennie) of Toronto, and many other family members and friends. Bob was predeceased by his father, James, and his mother, Helen, years earlier. Born and raised in Winnipeg, Bob graduated from Daniel MacIntyre Collegiate. Most of his working years were spent in the outdoor advertising field. In late 2006, Bob and Lynn were finally together living in Victoria, BC, but unfortunately, their future plans in retirement were not to be realized. Although Bob's death has shocked and saddened us all, we can take solace in knowing Bob is now free of pain which he struggled with for many years. For those of us who knew him and loved him, Bob will be forever remembered as a man who was valiant, witty, humble, loyal and loving. As Bob wasn't one for too much fuss or ceremony, at his request, no service was held.
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on August 11, 2012
Guest Book(6 entries)
- I met Bob in 1987 while working at Flyer Force with Lynn. They were kind enough to invite me to tag along with them and some of their friends to see a Bryan Ferry concert.
I miss seeing him when he would pick up Lynn after work. The world is a darker place without him.
- Posted by: Lanny Laycock (Friend) on: Oct 28, 2012
- I met Bob in 1990 when i first met Lynn. What a marvelous and whitty man. I know his life has been plagued with pain but may he now walk with the angels pain free. May God watch over you Lynn as you took such good care of Bob. Rest in Peace.
- Posted by: Cheryl Bannerman (work with Lynn at Canadian Publishers) on: Aug 15, 2012
- We are deeply sorry to hear this very sad news. Bob was our Best Man and Lynn our Maid of Honour at our Wedding in Barbados 24 years ago.
Bob worked with me (Alan) for 15 years at Mediacom. There are so many memories - most of them to do with good times, music and the latest audio equipment!
You were our good friends for many years when we lived in Winnipeg and we will always cherish that time in our lives. Our prayers and deepest sympathies are with you Lynn at this very difficult time.
Alan & Cheryl Twynam
- Posted by: Alan & Cheryl Twynam (Friends) on: Aug 14, 2012
- WE had a lot of good times together. WE will miss you Bob.
- Posted by: Roy & Carol Anne Gabe (friend) on: Aug 13, 2012
- We had many good & exciting times with Bob back in our teenage days. I remember loaning Bob my car so I could drive his Honda motorcycle. Boy we must of been a trustworthy crew back then.
I remember always listening to the latest music in Bob's rec room.
- Posted by: Greg Miller (Old-Time Friend from the West End.) on: Aug 13, 2012
- Bob was a devoted and loyal friend, even when suffering with pain, he always kept in touch across the nation. We had the joy of travelling to New York city with Lynn and Bob recently and Bob pointed out all of the scenes and places that appear in a movie and told us which movie it was. A knowledgable movie fan, my oldest memory is attending movie premieres he recommended at theatres in Winnipeg as kids. Alfred Hitchcock was the first producer I remember Bob recommending!
- Posted by: GARY & SUSAN CARD (Dear dear friends, Gary for a lifetime, Susan for over 40 years.) on: Aug 11, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.