AA larger | smaller
THERESE (TERRY) LAPOINTE May 8, 1932 - August 9, 2012 With great sadness, the family announces the sudden passing of Therese (Terry) LaPointe (nee Toupin) on August 9, 2012. Terry was predeceased by her husband Gaston LaPointe, her parents Armand and Albina Toupin, and her brothers Bernard (Rita) and Louis (Marina). She leaves to cherish her memory, her five children: Lynn Ross (Emile), Denis (Cynthia), Carmelle, Lucie Engen (Charlie) and Michael (Florence); her six grandchildren: Dwayne, Phillip, Stuart (Jessica), Justin, Chad and Renee; her three great-grandchildren: Leah, Ethan and Noah; her surviving siblings and their spouses: Norbert (Irene), Angeline, Germaine, Gabriel (Therese), Donald (Fernande), Alice (Chuck) and Agnes (Hervé). A celebration of Therese's life will be held at Cropo Funeral Chapel, 1442 Main St. on Wednesday, August 15, 2012, at 2:00 p.m. Cropo Funeral Chapel 204-586-8044
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on August 13, 2012
Guest Book(8 entries)
- Tante Therese will be greatly missed, each time we saw her, she would give us the biggest hugs and made us feel like we were special. She was such fun when she came to visit us in Prince George, BC, years ago. Our sympathies to the family.
- Posted by: Marc & Jo-Anne Toupin (nephew) on: Aug 18, 2012
- Dear Denis, Cindy and Justin,
We are so very sorry to learn of the passing of your dear mother. May she rest in peace. Our prayers are with you at this very difficult time.
All our love, Bob & Jamie
- Posted by: Bob and Jamie Adamson (friends) on: Aug 16, 2012
- Dear Denis, Cindy & Justin
I had the pleasure of meeting Mrs. LaPointe on several occasions throughout the years ... what a lovely, classy & kind lady she was - always with such a warm smile
The beautiful memories & moments in time are all so precious & forever to be treasured
Thinking of you all & sending love,
- Posted by: Tiina Tulikorpi on: Aug 14, 2012
- I have many fond memories of Mrs. LaPointe. She would come to visit my mother Stella Hazelton whenever Terry Woodacre was visiting and a friendship grew through those visits. The last time I saw her we went for lunch at the casino. She will be remembered fondly. My condolences to the family.
- Posted by: Lorraine Greig (friend) on: Aug 13, 2012
- Our thoughts and prayers are with the family - we will miss Terry too! Doug & Denise
- Posted by: Doug and Denise Thomasson (friends) on: Aug 13, 2012
- Mrs. LaPointe passed on some particular words of wisdom to Lynn and me when we were young girls and I've never forgotten those words, or her, to this day. My sincere condolences to her family.
- Posted by: Debbie Molina (Boldt) from Stony Mountain (friend) on: Aug 13, 2012
- Sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. Our prayers are with you Mike and your family.
- Posted by: Steve & Jenet from Twin Beaches (Friends of Mike, Flo and family) on: Aug 13, 2012
- Mike, Flo, Chad & Renee,
Our deepest sympathies to you all... you are in our prayers and our thoughts. May God grant peace to your Mom and Grandma.
Deney & Andy, Krysta
Celina, John, Peyton & Travis
- Posted by: Deney & Andy Wojtowicz (friends) on: Aug 13, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.