AA larger | smaller
RICHARD GORDON MARSHALL August 22, 1947 - August 15, 2012 It is with heavy hearts that we announce the sudden passing of Richard Marshall on Wednesday, August 15, 2012. Richard is predeceased by his parents Barney and Aileen and his two brothers Jim and Brian. Rick Leaves behind his wife Marilyn of 44 years, his three sons Brent and daughter Nola, Jason and daughters Brooklyn and Ella; and Darrall and sons Riley and Josh. Rick was employed at CPR for 37 years. Self-employed in business, in music for 24 years. Wedding and Party store for eight years, and at Winpark Dorchester Properties for the past 10 years. To my best friend, who gave us all his greatest sense of humor, it will never be the same without you. Thank you for our 47 years together. Love Marilyn. There will be a Memorial Service held Wednesday, August 22, 2012, at 3:00 pm at St. Joseph the Worker Parish, 505 Brewster Street. Donations May be made in memory of Richard to the Humane Society at 45 Hurst Way, Winnipeg, MB R3T 0R3. Funeral Arrangements in Care of Wheeler Funeral Home, Cemetery Crematorium 1800 Day Street 224-1525
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on August 18, 2012
Guest Book(10 entries)
- I miss my dad very much. It was sad to hear he passed. Things will never be the same. He had a great work ethic, funny, very smart, he can build anything. I still have fond memories of the way he supported our family. He loved mom and us very much. He put us 1st always and gave us anything. He will always be missed. His granddaughters loved him deeply. Dad I will try model myself after you because you are a great role model and I love you.
- Posted by: jace marshall (son) on: Feb 6, 2013
- So sorry Marilyn,
- Posted by: Barbara Checkryn-Rivers (friend) on: Dec 24, 2012
- Cannot even begin to tell everyone how sad Rick's passing was. He was my nephew and my friend for a long time. I can only remember all the good times we had, and even the first time I met Marilyn @ 385 Jamieson. We had fun Rick, I'm going to miss you, Don
- Posted by: Don Marshall (Uncle) on: Sep 23, 2012
- So sorry to hear the news. You had a wonderful life with a loving husband. Our thoughts are with you and yours at this time. I will pass it on to Dad and Wayne.
- Posted by: Sandra Bruce (Bert's daughter) on: Aug 24, 2012
- Marilyn, Brent, Jason and Darrall.
We just heard the sad news of Rick's passing late last night.
I wish to express our Deepest Sympathy in the loss of Rick, and to let you know that our thoughts are with all of you.
Heather Thomas (Sister-in-law, Brian's wife),
Janine Swanson (stepdaughter to Brian),
Aaron & Grayson Thomas (nephews and sons of Brian)
- Posted by: Heather Thomas (Sister in-law) on: Aug 23, 2012
- Dear Marilyn, Brent, Jason & Darrall, it's with great sadness that we learned of Rick's passing. Although we haven't seen each other for years you have always been in our thoughts since we moved away. Your kindness and friendship are memories that will stay with us forever. Rick was a great friend outside of work and a great colleague while we worked at CPR. Your family have always treated us like your own family while we lived in Winnipeg away from our own family with three little kids. These wonderful memories will never be forgotten no matter how far or how long we haven't seen each other. You will always be in our hearts and our thoughts are with you & the family during these difficult times. Mario, Francesca, Marina, Channele & Carlo
- Posted by: Mario & Francesca Baggio (Friends) on: Aug 19, 2012
- One of the sweetest, kind and truly a gentle man has left our lives. We all loved our "Ricky" so very much. You can not say Rick without saying Marilyn. Rick and Marilyn, are and have been, two of the most respected people my parents loved. I too hold each of them in the highest regard. We are so fortunate to have been touched by Rick's gentle soul. He always made us laugh even when things were not laughable. My mother loved her Ricky like he was one of her own. Next to my dad and my brother, she loved him first..I looked up to Rick and always felt loved and comforted by him. He always made the darkest days of my life seem much better. I loved opening up my morning emails and couldn't wait to see what new jokes or family pictures he sent. I would show his pictures to my class. That's how we would start our day. I will continue to start my day with Rick. I will think of him, know that he is watching and waiting for a moment to send a joke my way. A day will not go by where I don't think of our Ricky, and how he would respond to the events in our life. He is still close to us if we only take the time to let him in. He is in my heart, my soul, and my thoughts... I love you Rick.. I will miss my cousin Marilyn's best friend.
I will miss my cousin Rick.
Peace and prayers, Rick
lots of love,
- Posted by: Derin Young (cousin) on: Aug 19, 2012
- A very pleasant and friendly person.
Deepest sympathies to Marilyn and family.
To Live in Hearts He Leaves Behind Is Not to Die. Safe Journey Rick.
- Posted by: Darren Steinhoff (Tenant at 585 River Avenue) on: Aug 19, 2012
- I, like so many others, I am sure, am at a loss for words. I have many fond childhood memories of Rick, and his humor always made them even more memorable. My heart is with you, Marilyn and the boys, as well as my prayers. With deepest sympathy, Aleda
- Posted by: ALEDA MARSHALL (COUSIN) on: Aug 18, 2012
- So very sorry to hear of Rick's passing. In our thoughts and prayers......
- Posted by: Yelle & Donna Dykstra (Friend) on: Aug 18, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.