AA larger | smaller
DAWN PILON (nee HARDING) It is with great sadness the family announces the passing of Dawn Pilon on Saturday, August 11, 2012, at Riverview Health Centre at the age of 70 years. Dawn was predeceased by her husband Ray, parents Dave and Hazel and sister June. Dawn will be lovingly remembered by her daughters: Michelle (Gill) Gagne, Lisa (Claude Painchaud) and Tracey (Craig) McGregor; grandchildren: Cole and Eric Gagne, Samantha and Hannah McGregor and great-grandson Dante Friesen; as well as her best and special friend Dancer . Dawn was born in Swift Current, SK, and moved to Winnipeg as a child, growing up in St. Vital. She later moved to Windsor Park after her marriage to Ray in 1961, where she remained. Dawn had a kind and gentle heart and it showed in the work she did for many years for the Province of Manitoba as a homecare worker. She also volunteered much of her time to MTC, Warehouse and Prairie Theatre and was an active member of Amnesty International. In keeping with Dawn's wishes, cremation has taken place and a private memorial service will be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers, if friends so desire, donations may be made in Dawn's memory to the Manitoba Lung Association, 629 McDermot Ave., Winnipeg, MB R3A 1P6. The Coutu Family in care of arrangements: E.J. COUTU CO. FUNERAL DIRECTORS 680 Archibald Street 204-253-5086 ejcoutu.com
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on August 18, 2012
Guest Book(9 entries)
- Our deepest sympathy to Michele. Lisa and Tracey and families. Dawn was a wonderful friend for many years and she will be greatly missed. Lona Vince and daughters Norine and Kim.
- Posted by: LONA VINCE (FRIEND) on: Aug 27, 2012
- I would like to pass on my condolences to my cousin Dawn's three girls, Michelle, Lisa & Tracey and their families. Although we live in Calgary and live separate lives we were and still are bonded by our small family on the Preston side. My memories go back a number of years ago to when I lived in Winnipeg and our children where young and played together. Dawn was always creative with activities! Will miss her.
- Posted by: Hayven Curd (Cousin) on: Aug 22, 2012
- Michelle, Lisa and Tracey: We lived near each other on Taylor. We remember all going camping together and babysitting all you girls when you were little. Dawn was a lovely person and great mother and wife. I enjoyed the coffees we'd have together and the social evenings. Sorry to hear of her passing. Gina
- Posted by: Gina Cossette (Friend of Dawn and Ray's) on: Aug 22, 2012
- Auntie Dawn has given me so many cherishable memories. Some of the best times of my life were spending time at her home during summer visits. I will never forget her kind and compassionalte heart. Auntie Dawn, I will always miss you.
- Posted by: Nicolle Poirier and family (Al, Quin and Keenan Hoyer) (niece) on: Aug 21, 2012
- Dawn and I kept in touch over the years by phone or in-person to update each other on our kids and acitivities. She stayed with me twice on visits to the west coast and it was great for me to have a Harding cousin as I didn't have any cousins at all in my own family. I will miss you Dawn.....
- Posted by: Patty Harding (Cousin(by marriage)) on: Aug 20, 2012
- Michelle, Lisa and Tracey:
I was so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. I know we didn't see each other much as kids but I have to say that I have really good and fond memories of Dawn when I was a kid. She was always so welcoming and friendly and wanting to know how things in Vancouver were going. I spent a fair bit of time with Dawn and Nanny Bea in Regina over the years and recall lots of good times with them. We are really sorry for your loss and wish you all the best in this tough time.
Reece, Adriana, Danae and Rielle
- Posted by: Reece Harding & family (Cousin) on: Aug 19, 2012
- I knew that Dawn was failing but was shocked nonetheless. My condolences to the family. I've know Dawn since the 80's. She was a lovely person--so caring and interested in others. When she started ushering she would call and offer passes to things that would interest my autistic daughter. That was so thoughtful - just the kind of person she was. Again my sympathy.
- Posted by: Pat Dewar (Friends years back) on: Aug 19, 2012
- We met Dawn and Ray about 42 years ago. Dawn helped me with Brownies, and we had fun doing things with their 3 girls and my 2 girls. We discovered one day that we both had December Anniversaries, a few times we celebrated those Happy occasions together.
When we ran into together we would catch up on what our families were doing at that time.
WE are sorry for your Family's loss, and I will remember her for the special LADY she was.
Kind and thoughtful to all, she looked after Ray with all his medical problems. A very special WIFE...................
- Posted by: Judy & Doug Walton (fiends of both Dawn & Ray) on: Aug 18, 2012
- To Dawn's family,
My deepest sympathy, thoughts and prayers are with you.
Germaine Cook, Edmonton
- Posted by: Germaine (Tessier) Cook (cousine to her husband Raymond) on: Aug 18, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.