AA larger | smaller
IRIS BRISBIN Iris Lorraine Brisbin, (nee Taylor, adopted Morison), died on August 18, 2012 at the age of 80. She was born in Dryden, Ontario on May 11, 1932. She was predeceased by her brothers Jim Taylor and Bill Morison and her daughter Andrea Post. She is survived by her husband Bill, their children Jodie (Billy), Michael (Charlene), and son-in-law Barry, her grandchildren Jenna (Phil), Taylor, Mack, Emma and her puppy Mollie. She is also survived by her sisters-in-law Barbara Taylor and Marnie Carter and their families. Iris was a kind and loving wife, mother and Umma. She was also an outstanding crisis counselor and mentor at Klinic Community Health Centre from 1973 to 2008. At Iris' request, there will be no service. In lieu of flowers, friends may donate to a charity of their choice, or to Klinic Community Health Centre in Winnipeg. The family wishes to extend their gratitude to the caring nursing staff at Seven Oaks General Hospital. For online condolences or to light a memorial candle please log on to www.mosaicfunerals.ca 1839 Inkster Blvd. 275-5555 1006 Nairn Ave., Winnipeg, MB, R2L-0Y2
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on August 20, 2012
Guest Book(15 entries)
- My deepest condolences to Bill, Jodie, Mike and families and all who had the great fortune of knowing this most extraordinary woman. Iris was truly an original, and one of the most giving, caring, compassionate, inspiring (and trendy) people I know. She touched and enriched the lives of so many, while living life on her own terms as much as possible. May her family take comfort in knowing that Ivy will be forever loved, sadly missed, and her memory cherished by so many. She definitely made lasting differences in the lives of others and made the world a better place by her having been here. What more is there? I will always keep you "in the light" my dear friend.
- Posted by: Dano Demaré (Friend Forever...) on: Sep 20, 2012
- I am sorry to hear of Iris's passing. My sympathy to all her family. As a friend of Andrea's when I was little and later in Nursing School I can say I always enjoyed talking with Iris. I remember her as very kind and caring. She was also very young at heart and had a great sense of style with decorating. My thoughts are with you.
- Posted by: Norma Fonger (Andrea's friend) on: Sep 20, 2012
- I am late learning of Iris' passing but nonetheless wish to offer my sincere condolences. I had the amazing experience of working alongside of Iris in the Klinic crisis room. She was force of compassion, humour and strength. Besides being a powerful resource to many in distress, Iris mentored many of us who have gone on to work in social services. What a giving and beautiful woman whose efforts continue on through those blessed enough to learn from her.
- Posted by: Jaik Josephson (Klinic co-worker) on: Sep 6, 2012
- I would like to say to the Brisbin family that I am thinking about all of you. Iris was such a wonderful woman in her heart and also a wonderful friend and I will miss her so much.
- Posted by: Louise Racicot (friend) on: Aug 28, 2012
- Bill, Jodi and Mike
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful wife and wonderful mother. I will always remember Iris in her denim overalls with her infectious laugh and giggles. Iris was a caring and strong role model to me when I began volunteering at Klinic on Friday nights. Thank you for sharing your wife and mother with the Klinic community! She helped so many individuals and families and enriched my life immensely.
- Posted by: Donna Martin (Friend) on: Aug 27, 2012
- Dear Uncle Bill, Jodie, Mike and the rest of the family - we are so sorry to hear about Iris, and we are all thinking of you and sending love and hugs.
XO Beth, Bob, Bris and Fin
- Posted by: Beth Carter (family) on: Aug 26, 2012
- "Ivy". That name says it all. I am sad that you have left but know more importantly that you will always remain. I don't have the words to say to you what I would like you to hear, so I will borrow some from a poet and say that this is from me to you.
"Whan that aprill with his soures soote
the droghte of march hath pierced to the
And bathed every veyne in swich licour
Of which vertu engendred is the flour"
This may be a bit "off the wall" but then so are you. Odd, but only two images have ever come to my mind when I read that passage. I don't know that I have to translate it into modern English, it seems to lose some of its punch. But just in case, here goes...
"When that April with his showers sweet,
the drought of March, has pierced to the root.
And bathed every vine in sweet licour
of which virtue engendered, is the flower."
Ivy, you are that flower! You are special, you are kind, and you are caring! What more can I say?
Thinking of you always - Ray
- Posted by: Ray Kehler (friend) on: Aug 22, 2012
- Bill, Jodie, Mike-So sad to hear of Iris's death, fortunate to have known her all these years. Klinic held her in high regard for her skills, wisdom, experience-so many benefitted from her mentoring. I loved her for humour, insights, common sense and "edge"....You couldn't get much past Iris....she was simply great.
- Posted by: Josephine Buck (Friend) on: Aug 21, 2012
- Bill, you have a large community of friends that are sharing your grief at this time but are there to support in time of need.
- Posted by: Arnie and Lorraine Hydamaka (friend) on: Aug 21, 2012
- Bill - Our thoughts are with you and your family at this time.
- Posted by: Colleen & Merv Deckert (friends) on: Aug 21, 2012
- Jodie - our condolences to you and your family. So sorry to hear about your Mom! Growing up, she was the coolest Mom on the planet - we were all envious! I will always remember her smile. Now she will be with Andrea and smile down at us all!
- Posted by: Julie Scott (Friend) on: Aug 20, 2012
- Iris was such a lovely lady. Thinking of you Bill and family, and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
- Posted by: Chantel Adair (neighbour) on: Aug 20, 2012
Our thoughts are with you and your family at this time.
- Posted by: Heather Contant (friend ) on: Aug 20, 2012
- Stayed witth Brisbin family as a teenager & suffered through Bill's friendly teasing. Only met Iris a few times but found her to be a very lovely woman. Very sorry to hear of her passing. CondolEnces to the family. Pat
- Posted by: Pat Burrows (friend of Marnie's & Brisbin family) on: Aug 20, 2012
- Our sympathy to the family on the passing of this kind and generous lady.
- Posted by: Allan Turnock (friend) on: Aug 20, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.