AA larger | smaller
DR. KANCHANA MANICKAM Dr. M.V. Kanchana, adopted daughter of Dr. A. Ganesaal, attained the Lotus Feet of her beloved Divine Father, Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba on August 17, 2012. She was predeceased by her mother Dr. Ganesaal and leaves behind an army of love in the form of Sai family and her loving friends. Kanchana considered her life to be very much blessed with love and guidance of her mother and her divine father. She used to say that she was eternally grateful to Baba for taking her under His wings and paving the way for her spiritual journey. She said that she had a full, fulfilling life due to the grace of Bhagawan Baba and happily embraced her union with Him. She wanted to express her gratitude and appreciation to the angels in the CancerCare Manitoba, Doctors, nurses and other staff, in GD6, treatment room and clinic 4. She particularly wanted to thank Dr. Szwajcer and Sherese who were the pillar of support for her during her illness. The untiring loving care provided by the staff in palliative care at the St. Boniface Hospital is gratefully acknowledged. God has created these angels to take care of His children. She wants to express her gratitude to Dr. Heiser who helped her strengthen her attitude towards the onward journey. She was a Microbiologist by profession and during her earthly sojourn she met with and worked with many eminent Microbiologists and Infectious Disease specialists and felt that she was continuously learning. At the time of her passing, she has just retired from her position with the Diagnostic Services of Manitoba. She was well liked, respected, and appreciated by her colleagues. A Funeral Ceremony will be held on Thursday, August 23, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. at Thomson In The Park Funeral Home, 1291 McGillivray Blvd., Winnipeg. It was her desire to provide an award towards technologists who have just graduated from the Medical Laboratory Technologist training program. As such an Educational Award Fund has been established that will be administered by the Winnipeg Foundation. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Dr. Kanchana Manickam Legacy Fund . Donations can be made on the following website: www.wpgfdn.org. THOMSON IN THE PARK 925-1120 Condolences may be sent to www.thomsoninthepark.com
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on August 21, 2012
Guest Book(12 entries)
- Sai Ram. Rest in Peace Aunty Kanchana. We will never forget your wonderfully positive spirit, and loving smile. Your words of encouragement, and the confidence you gave to my brother and I as children will always be with us. You will be greatly missed, but never forgotten.
- Posted by: Chaukla Family on: Sep 12, 2012
- Rest in peace Dr Kachana we will be missing u forever from Jani family
- Posted by: Sunil and Rekha (friend) on: Aug 27, 2012
- Remembering you and your spiritual discourses. Rest in Peace.
With Deepest Sympathy.
- Posted by: Naina Mahajan on: Aug 23, 2012
- Rest in peace Kanchana. We will not forget the days in Regina with you. Your knowlegde humor and your personality are unforgettable. It is sad to see you go but we happy you attained peace with your Swami
- Posted by: Kumudhini and Siva Karunakaran (Friends) on: Aug 23, 2012
- Thank you, Kanchana for your legacy of love, kindness, friendship and spirituality.
- Posted by: Pannikote Achyuthan and family on: Aug 23, 2012
May you and soul rest in peace and may HE give strength to ones left behind
- Posted by: Naren Pandya on: Aug 23, 2012
- You are truly a role model for all Sai brothers and sisters. You took the challenges in life with a great spirit. Your unperturbed faith in Swami and dedication to Bhagwan's work will always inspire us. Your contributions to Sai movement in Canada in particular will always be remembered. We will always miss you. May Swami's blessings bring peace to your soul to rest in peace at HIS lotus feet. Sairam
- Posted by: Umashankar Das (Sai Brother from Saskatoon) on: Aug 23, 2012
- Rest in peace Kanchana.
- Posted by: Snehal Nimbark and family (Member of Gujarati Samaj) on: Aug 22, 2012
- Rest in peace Kanchana. You kept your faith in God till the end. You are with your mom now.
- Posted by: Drs. George and Ann Mathew (Friend) on: Aug 22, 2012
- There are things that we don't want to happen, but have to accept. Things we don't want to know, but we have to learn, and people we can't live without, but we have to let go...... so, We miss you, We miss your laughter and your sensible attitude, we miss having a coffee with you, we miss chatting to you, we miss your smile. we miss you my friend.
- Posted by: Rajee Swamy (Friend, belong to sai family) on: Aug 22, 2012
- Sai Ram,
We had our differences on Sai educare model. Mine was dug in past and yours look into future. You always won the debate as I realize now that educare is about future and past is only a basis and not the process.
Your unflinching committment to Bhagawan is an inspiration to all of us.
- Posted by: Murali Komaragiri (Sai Brother) on: Aug 22, 2012
- Thank you for sharing your wisdom on many occasions. Your guidance and your wisdom will be greatly missed. You were always there to assist and available to answer any queries. Your charming personality and your exemplary dedication and devotion in fulfilling Swami's mission will always inspire me. Thank you for being there and you will be greatly missed.
- Posted by: Dev Taneja (Sai Brother) on: Aug 21, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.