AA larger | smaller
JACK LATTER Peacefully, on August 18, 2012, at Misericordia Cornish 5, Jack Latter, beloved husband of Doris Latter, passed away. A memorial service will take place on Friday, August 24 at 1:00 p.m. at Fort Garry United Church. Longer obituary to follow.
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on August 21, 2012
Guest Book(4 entries)
- Mr. Latter was our Grade XII Physics teacher at VMC. Our class was a challenging one but Mr. Latter taught the course with aplomb and humour and many of us went on to careers in Engineering and Science. Our paths crossed a few times over the years and as his career developed it was heartening to see that he was realizing his potential as teacher, husband, father and friend. I am glad he lead such a rich and full life. He will be remembered. Sincere condolences.
- Posted by: Edward Labossiere (former student) on: Aug 23, 2012
- So glad to have known you Jack, often think of the great times we had together, and of the adventures you and Doris shared. A life well lived.
- Posted by: Don Cowan (Friend) on: Aug 23, 2012
- Of the many great principals I've been privileged to work with, Jack was the first and the best. As a teacher/mentor first and an innovative administrator second he was always very supportive, provided clear direction following his vision of what ultimately would be best for the student and did so with a wonderful sense of humor and a great deal of energy. As a colleague you always knew where you stood with him and even when asked to do something you were not always happy with you knew why and how it fit in to his plan for the school.
Jack led by example and participated directly in all activities of the school from science fairs and field trips to baseball, floor hockey and basketball with and against the students. Thanks Jack.
- Posted by: Philip Bury ( Colleague and friend.) on: Aug 22, 2012
- I extend my deepest sympathy to Jack Latter's family at this time. May God's presence and fond memories of a beloved husband, father, grandfather and friend sustain you during this time of sorrow.
- Posted by: Loretta Basiuk (Friend) on: Aug 21, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.