AA larger | smaller
DR. ANDREW MALLICK Peacefully with his family by his side, Andrew passed on September 12, 2012 at the age of 47 years. Longer obituary will follow in Tuesday's paper. Glen Lawn Funeral Home 204-982-7550
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on September 15, 2012
Guest Book(39 entries)
- So sorry to hear about Andrew - My condolences to Dr Kiron Mallick, Lucky, Tulip & family.
- Posted by: Barbara Henry (Friend - years ago Treherne, Mb.) on: Sep 25, 2012
- My greatest sympathies to Andrew's family. Andrew and I worked together closely and frequently at Grace ICU. He was a thoughtful and decent man with a wonderfully irreverent, wicked sense of humor. And his frequent "fresh air" breaks just cracked me up.
I start on rotation at Grace tomorrow; I can't imagine what it will be like without him. I miss him already.
- Posted by: anand kumar (co-worker) on: Sep 23, 2012
- Sincerest condolences to Andrew's family, Doc & Lucky, & Tulip, Henry, & family. My fondest memories include many times shared with our family & the Mallick's, especially their first Christmas in Treherne. The Rubik's cube was no match for Andrew's brilliant mind!
- Posted by: Shirley Urban (Ennis) (friend from Treherne) on: Sep 22, 2012
- To Dr. & Mrs. Mallick. Sorry to hear of Andrew's passing. Our thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.
- Posted by: Sam & Doris Hofer (formerly of Treherne) on: Sep 21, 2012
- Our Sincere condolences to all the Mallick family on the sudden passing of Andrew. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, and may all your memories give you peace.
- Posted by: Bill & Nancy Crocker (friends) on: Sep 20, 2012
- Andrew was an intelligent and compassionate physician, highly regarded by his patients and the staff with whom he worked.
My sincere condolences to his family.
- Posted by: Mary Jane McKiel (Misericordia co-worker) on: Sep 20, 2012
- We once took a poll and decided that if any of us (ICU nurses) were in critical condition, it was Andrew that we would want to be our Doctor! Thank you, Andrew, for your knowledge and friendship over the years. My sincere sympathy to the family.
- Posted by: Linda Norris (Co-worker/Friend (Misericordia)) on: Sep 20, 2012
- I am still in shock over your passing Andrew. I remember showing you how we do things in Treherne. Driving, riding my minibike, shooting bb guns etc. My heart goes out to your entire family.
- Posted by: Dale Stanton (one of the first friends he made when he moved to Canada) on: Sep 19, 2012
- Our sincere sympathy to Dr. Mallick, Lucky & family on the untimely passing of Andrew. May your memories help you through this difficult time.
- Posted by: Gary & Josie Robinson ((Friend)) on: Sep 19, 2012
- We are so sorry to hear about Andrew. Our sincere condolences to your family. You are in our prayers...
- Posted by: Mary Hoorne and Family on: Sep 18, 2012
- I worked with Doctor Mallick at Misericordia Hospital -He will be missed -my thoughts go out to his family. REST IN PEACE
- Posted by: kimberly (co-worker) on: Sep 18, 2012
- So very sad to hear of Andrew's passing. My deepest condolences to his family and dear friends. He was a very smart man and had so much knowledge to share, and always did it willingly. Life isn’t fair to take someone so young! He most definitely will be missed!
- Posted by: Donna Schaefer (Co-Worker/Friend) on: Sep 18, 2012
- My deepest sympathy to Dr. and Mrs. Mallick and Tulip, and to the rest of his family at this very sad and tragic time.
- Posted by: Sandra Elder (aquaintance) on: Sep 18, 2012
- I am so sad to hear about Andrew's passing. I worked with him at the Grace Hospital. My deepest sympathy and condolences go out to his family.
- Posted by: Ramona Kerr (co-worker) on: Sep 18, 2012
- Andrew was an amazing friend, always welcomed you with open arms. He was loved by many and will be missed by many! Rest in peace my dear friend.
- Posted by: Celia (Friend) on: Sep 18, 2012
- I was both shocked and devastated by the news of Andrew's sudden passing. He was a wonderful man with a great sense of humor and who I shared many long talks and laughter with. He will be greatly missed by his friends, his family, his coworkers and the world of medicine to which he served so well. Go into the light my friend and may you rest easy and with peace <3
- Posted by: Eileen Huggins (friend) on: Sep 18, 2012
- Deepest sympathy to Dr. and Mrs. Mallick on the loss of your son, Andrew. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. May the memories of time shared with him help ease the pain.
- Posted by: Marlene & Roger Chapellaz on: Sep 18, 2012
- Deepest sympathy to Dr. and Lucky Mallick. Our thoughts are with you.
- Posted by: Keith & Cathy Earle (Friends) on: Sep 17, 2012
- Dr. Mallick and family: My sincere condolences to you all.
- Posted by: Liz penny on: Sep 17, 2012
- A tremendous loss for the medical world. Soar high....
- Posted by: Melanie on: Sep 17, 2012
- To my musical counterpart, late night humour therapist, and good friend. You will be dearly missed.
- Posted by: Mark S. (Friend) on: Sep 17, 2012
- To Dr. and Mrs. K Mallick and family, words cannot express our sincere sympathies at this sad time.
"Now that the sun has seemed to set on one so very dear, please know a soul who lived ao well remains forever near.
Thinking of you.....
- Posted by: Carol and Glen Almey and family on: Sep 16, 2012
- Our condolences to all of you...Dr. Mallick and Mrs. Mallick....our thoughts and prayers are with all of you at this sad time!
- Posted by: Barb and John Godard (Friend) on: Sep 16, 2012
- To Dr. K. & Mrs. Mallick, I am so sorry to hear of the sudden loss of your son, Andrew. My sympathy and love goes out to you at this sad time. May memories of him get you through this difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
- Posted by: Marlene Osborn (Sparling) on: Sep 16, 2012
- Our sympathy to Dr. Mallick and Lucky as we learn of Andrew's passing. Our thoughts are with you.
- Posted by: Tom and Harriet Turnbull on: Sep 16, 2012
- I was so sorry to hear of Andrew's passing. He was a fine physician and a kind and caring man. I have many happy memories of working with Andrew at the Misericordia. Andrew, you made so many lives so much better and you will never be forgotten. My deepest condolences to his family.
- Posted by: Grazia Prochazka (Co-worker from Misericordia Hospital) on: Sep 16, 2012
- Andrew you will be missed by so many. My heart goes out to Rhonda and all your family. RIP my friend.
- Posted by: Debbie Boiss (Friend) on: Sep 16, 2012
- So sorry to the family and his close friends for your loss.
Andrew was a great doctor and super friend. Will always remember the pumpkin seeds and the cowboy boots walking the halls of Misericordia.
The "line " king.
- Posted by: Irene & Roger Loiselle (friend and co worker) on: Sep 16, 2012
- We are so sorry to hear of Andrew's passing. What a tragic loss! Our sincere condolences to all of you- Andrew's family, Tulip & Henry and family, and Dr. & Mrs. Mallick. We are thinking of you.
- Posted by: Barbara and Darren Raine (Friends of family) on: Sep 16, 2012
- Our deepest sympathies and condolences go out to the Mallick family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.
- Posted by: Tony, Betty Bambenek and Family (Treherne, MB) (friends) on: Sep 16, 2012
- Doctor Mallick was a WONDERFUL doctor and may he rest in peace, GOD bless his family, so sorry to lose a FINE young man.
- Posted by: Nancy (co-worker) on: Sep 16, 2012
- Andrew, you were a wonderful friend, confidant and knowledgable doctor. You were always there for your patients and friends. You wore your heart on your sleeve with care, patience and thoughtfulness. I thank you for standing by my side as a friend, helping me with all your knowledge and compassion You have been a dear friend. Sympathies to your wife, children, parents, sister and all who you have touched.
You will never be forgotten. May God bless you into his Kingdom. (with a lifetime of pumpkin seeds). I will always luv you and think of you.
- Posted by: Nathalie McFate (friend) on: Sep 16, 2012
- Condolences to all the Mallick family at the sudden loss of Andrew. Our thoughts are with you. Sincerely Terry and Dave McCartney
- Posted by: Terry and Dave McCartney on: Sep 15, 2012
- It is with sadness that we hear of Andrew's passing. My condolences to a wonderful family.
- Posted by: Larry Elder (acquaintance) on: Sep 15, 2012
- To one of the most brilliant minds I've ever met gone way too soon rest in peace Andrew god bless and condolences to your wife and girls
- Posted by: Jeff on: Sep 15, 2012
- My most sincere sympathies at this very difficult time to Dr.and Mrs K Mallick and family. May your happy memories help to ease your pain.
- Posted by: Jean Smith....Holland,Mb...R0G 0X0 (family friend) on: Sep 15, 2012
- So sorry to hear about Andrew. Our condolences to his family. We have a lot of nice memories and stories when we both worked with Andrew at Misericordia Hospital. Rest in Peace Andrew. Love Janice and "Sam"
- Posted by: Janice & Mehran Samimi on: Sep 15, 2012
- My condolences go out the family of Andrew. I have worked with him for many years and he will be missed.
- Posted by: Suzanne Vandepoele (co-worker) on: Sep 15, 2012
- So sad to hear of Andrews untimely death. I will miss him dearly, remembering all the good times we had years ago when we worked together. Now him and Sherri & Maurice will be partying together. May you rest in peace Andrew, but you will be sadly missed!
- Posted by: Marilyn Berezowski (Friend) on: Sep 15, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.