AA larger | smaller
ROBERT JAMES ALLAN JONES 1951-2012 It is with broken hearts we announce the passing of Bob, our hero, on September 9. After over four years of battling cancer, he went in peace with his family at his side. We would not wish him back to endure the pain, struggle and indignities of cancer. He never uttered a word of complaint, maintaining a positive and loving disposition so as not to burden his family or friends. Only near the end of his life did he admit aloud that he couldn't bear leaving his children and grandchildren. Bob was predeceased by his father Lloyd, father and mother-in-law Alex and Mary Rogers, and his brother-in-law Albert Sandulak. Left to cherish his memory are his mother Isabel, his wife Barbara, son Casey (Shaelyn), daughter Carlea whom he nicknamed his Bear (Kevin), grandchildren Bryn and Griffin, sister Beverly Matte, brother-in-law George, sister-in-law Judi Sandulak, brother-in-law Mark Rogers (Ann). Also missing their Uncle Bob are his nieces and nephews, Jonathan Matte (Wanda), Melanie Matte, Richard Sandulak (Stacey), Cindy Sandulak-Haufek (Alan), Cori Sabo (Robb), Alex Rogers, along with their children and many long-time friends and neighbours. Bob's devotion to his family was second to none. He was very proud of his children and they could not have asked for a kinder more caring father. He embraced his daughter-in-law and son-in-law with open arms when they joined the family circle. Bob's grandchildren were the highlight of his life even if he did not have much time with them. Bob grew up in St. Vital attending Dakota and Glenlawn Collegiate and was well known in the heating and ventilation industry thru his association with Heat Saver Distributors and Can Pro Heating. He supported his community by taking on the roles of Cub and Scout leaders. He enjoyed many trips to Acapulco, making many friends and enjoying the sun, sand and a Corona or two with his best friend Alan Bayne. His Heaven on Earth was his cottage at Falcon Lake where he spent every summer for the last 20 years. Bob enjoyed boating, fishing and the view from his deck. Many family members and friends enjoyed his hospitality and will remember nothing but fun times at the lake even when put to work on projects . Bob was a friend to all. We will miss his advice, his offers of help and his concern for everyone's well being. Very special thanks to the Home Care and Palliative Care staff who helped Bob through his battle. We go forward with strength to be strong as he did for us to the very end. In peace he goes to a place of rest. A private family funeral will be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to a charity of your choice. Ride on Cowboy! Glen Lawn Funeral Home 204-982-7550
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on September 15, 2012
Guest Book(13 entries)
- So sorry to hear the news Carlea and family! We are thinking and praying for you guys at this difficult time. Paul and I met Bob many times at Faloma and on "our little road" leading to our cottages. While he talked about his medical battles to us, he was always optimistic and had a strength beyond comprehension. He will be surely missed by all! Such an amazing person!
- Posted by: Paul & Lori Howarth (Falcon Lake neighbours) on: Sep 23, 2012
- Bob, I have so many wonderfuly memories! You were like a brother to me and my best friend, and I love you dearly. You are finally able to rest in peace now. Love, Cookie
- Posted by: Cookie Lyle (long-time friend) on: Sep 23, 2012
- We feel very priviledged to have become friends of Bob and Barb and Carlea as they became part of our extended family through our daughters marriage to Casey. We know that Bob will be missed by grandaughter Bryn who often expresses her sadness that he is no longer here. We are also very thankful that Bob was able to meet his grandson Griffin who will proudly bear his name as Bob loved all his family.
Your worldly pain has gone but you will remain in the hearts of those who love you forever. Neil and Dorothy Strachan
- Posted by: Neil and Dorothy Strachan on: Sep 21, 2012
- For the brief period we knew Bob it was a great pleasure visiting with him and occasionally working with him. We will miss his presence at the Marina. We had many pleasant conversations with him and very much valuable assistance from him. We feel honoured to have known him.
- Posted by: Alec and Theresa Young (friends) on: Sep 18, 2012
- Bob, Thank you for being the best-ever husband to my dear friend Barb. You always welcomed me into your home or cabin with sparkling eyes, and a big HELLO ! And I will thank you again for sitting behind me and helping me though Gr.10-11 math. I couldn't have made it through those classes without you. You were a kind and loving friend and will be missed dearly. Love, Terrol
- Posted by: Terrol Rogers (Friend) on: Sep 18, 2012
- Barb, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
- Posted by: Sandy Park (co-worker) on: Sep 18, 2012
- Barb, although we haven't seen each other in many years, please know that my thoughts are with you and your family. From everything I've heard from our school friends, Bob continued to be a very special person thoughout his life.
- Posted by: Pat Watts Stevens (school friend) on: Sep 17, 2012
- So many memories. Whether it was trying to teach us to ski or tubing, we always had so much fun camping and the group always got larger. To see Bob surprising Barb with the cabin. He had a sparkle in his eyes.
- Posted by: Diane Laporte (friend) on: Sep 17, 2012
- I spent many years on the road with Bob and learned many things from him. I just didn't know it until years later. Bob I enjoyed being on the road with you and the many trips to Falcon Lake ...May you rest in peace knowing you made a difference.
- Posted by: Bruce (Friend/Busines associate/Mentor) on: Sep 16, 2012
- Please accept my condolances. Your long lost cousin, Val (Herb's daughter).
- Posted by: Val Bordian (Rogers) (cousin to Barb & family) on: Sep 16, 2012
- Condolences to Barb, Casey, and Carlea. Bob will be greatly missed. While I haven't seen you guys in many years, I can still hear Bob's big laugh echoing in my head. Rest in peace.
- Posted by: Ryan Bayne (Family friend) on: Sep 15, 2012
- Bob's generousity and hospitality at their summer home on Falcon Lake was 2nd to none. Whether he was hosting Happy Hour on his wrap-a-round deck, taking you out fishing or going for pontoon boat cruise to the end of the lake, Bob was at his best when entertaining company, family or friends.
I will these good times and you Bob. Thank you.
- Posted by: Don Roger ( Terrol) (Deck Hand) on: Sep 15, 2012
- Bob - I miss you so much, your smile, your laugh, your great sense of humour. We shared many good times together, and I will never forget those. You are finally at peace, and we will cherish your memory forever. Love Bev
- Posted by: Bev Matte (sister) on: Sep 15, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.