AA larger | smaller
DAVID EDWARD CHANDLER July 1, 1956 - February 15, 2013 It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of David Chandler. His Saviour came and took him home the morning of Friday, February 15, 2013. Our husband, father, grandfather was so loved and will be so very missed by his wife Kathy of 26 years, his daughters Angie (Chris) and Kylee (Mike) and grandchildren Asha and Jace David, along with many brothers and sisters. He was predeceased by his parents Wade and Jean Chandler and sister Verna. David was a wonderful husband and father. He always put his family first and took care of all our needs. He worked at Frick Construction for 30 years, enjoying running the big excavator. David also ran his own business Chandler Hauling for about eight years. One of his biggest accomplishments was contracting the building of his own home and doing a lot of the work himself with excellence. David was loved and respected by many people. Thank you to Concordia Hospital for the care given to David during his final days and to CancerCare for many months of treatment that were done with kindness and compassion. Memorial Service will be held Thursday, February 21 at 11:00 a.m. at Eastview Community Church, 3500 DeVries Ave. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in David's memory to CancerCare Manitoba, 675 McDermot Ave., Rm 1160 R3E0V9 204-787-4177. "Psalm 23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want, He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul..."
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on February 16, 2013
Guest Book(17 entries)
- I just recently heard of Daves passing. I have many fond memories of Dave. We shared of love of music in the 80s and we saw many well-known Winnipeg bands together and had a lot of good times. I remember his little sports car, tanned face and big bright smile. He was always a joy to be around. Dave attended my wedding back in 1988 and the last time I saw him was in 1995 where we had a catch-up conversation. It was nice to see him again. I had lost touch with him over the years and I am very sad to have missed his funeral. His passing is a great loss to all that knew him. He was a good friend and he will be sadly missed. My sympathies go out to his family. Dave will always remain in the hearts of many and will never be forgotten. He is with God now, a Guardian Angel, watching over his family. Rest my friend, rest.
- Posted by: Blandine Chura (Gloux) (Friend) on: Jun 7, 2015
- I knew Dave in high school and we became good friends. He taught me how to drive a standard transmission. He was a wonderful person. My heart goes out to his family and to Jean.
- Posted by: Jaye Cadzow (Friend) on: Feb 24, 2013
- My heartfelt sympathies to Kathy and family. To Jean and Rick, although many years have passed since I spent time with Dave, the times that we spent back in the "eighties" are still fond memories. Dave was kind, caring, and for awhile a great neighbor. Living in the same apartment block, and on the same floor, we shared stories, social gatherings, laughter, and many friends. I will always think of Dave, a sun drenched glow on his face and wearing a beautiful smile.
Rest In Peace Dave
- Posted by: Laura Richardson (friend) on: Feb 20, 2013
- Hi Kathy,
My condolences to you, Angie and Kylee.
- Posted by: Brenda Wallis (Friend) on: Feb 20, 2013
- I met Dave way back in my teen years, he was a total gentleman and great friend to have known. I am truly saddened of his passing and pass my sincerest condolences to his family. I saw him again when I was attending Eastview Church and was so elated that he was happily married with a beautiful family. He was a great role model in every aspect of his life, he will be greatly missed. Sincerely
- Posted by: Pamela Wlock (friend) on: Feb 20, 2013
- We are so sorry to hear that Dave has passed, I (Ralph) have known Dave since before we were teens, we shared an Apt. and he was the Best man at our wedding. We send Kathy and the girls our deepest sympathies and also to Jean. Our thoughts are with you all.
- Posted by: Ralph and Jan Janzen (Friend) on: Feb 19, 2013
- Kathy - we want you and your family to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. With lots of love we send this email from Florida.
- Posted by: Irv and Lil Koop (friends) on: Feb 18, 2013
- Kathy, I am so sorry to hear about Dave's passing. Even though we are miles apart, please know I am thinking of you at this time. I feel so lucky to have had the chance to meet Dave when I got out to your mother's funeral last spring. My sincerest sympathy to everyone.
- Posted by: Donna Kennedy (Cousin (Ruth Allen's daughter)) on: Feb 18, 2013
- I have known the entire Chandler Family forever! I went to school with Jean and what times we had!
I sincerely feel all your pain right now and I am so sorry.
Dave fought a hard battle and "Kudos" to him for that!
Kathy and family don't go back and think " could have would have"! You all did the best that you could given your circumstances.
Take care and bless you all!
Elsie & Scott Loewen
- Posted by: Elsie Loewen (friend) on: Feb 17, 2013
- I knew Dave from our teenager days, and we had/have many mutual friends. Although I didn't know Dave really well, my memories of him are all positive ones, I recall he was a really good guy, and well liked. I was very surprised to hear of his passing, given his relatively young age. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with the Chandler family.
- Posted by: Jeff Gzebb (Childhood friend) on: Feb 17, 2013
- WE WENT TO JOHN PRITCHARD TOGETHER.PLAYED SOCCER AND FLAG FOOTBALL.HE ALWAYS HAD A SMILE....A GREAT GUY AND FRIEND...PEACE........
- Posted by: NICK HRYHORASH (WENT TO SCHOOL WITH DAVID..HE WILL BE MISSED BY ME.....REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND.GOD WELCOMES YOU WITH) on: Feb 16, 2013
- I am so deeply saddened to hear of this news. Living in British Columbia keeps me out of touch...thank you my dearest friend Laura Richardson for keeping me in the loop. It's been about 27 years since I last saw Dave and I have fond memories of this very nice friend. He was always a very nice to everybody. I still remember that cute face that I last saw around 1985...RIP Dave...Love and God Bless to Dave's family.
- Posted by: Nancy Ezako (Friend) on: Feb 16, 2013
- My deepest sympathy to you all. My thoughts are with you.
- Posted by: Ruth Allen (Aunt) on: Feb 16, 2013
- David was a wonderful man to be around and to be with. Our sympathies go out to the family
- Posted by: Jacques Musso (co-worker at frick construction) on: Feb 16, 2013
- Kathy, I am so sorry to hear about Dave. My thoughts are with you.
- Posted by: Colleen Tyler on: Feb 16, 2013
There are no words to take away the grief and loss you are feeling. Know you are loved and surrounded by your family and friends. May God's presence be constant and his peace abound in the coming days.
- Posted by: Cathy Mason (Friend) on: Feb 16, 2013
We were so sorry to hear of Dave's passing.
We are thinking of you and your loss. May God be with you and your family at this time.
- Posted by: Bessie, Pat and Marg Lawson on: Feb 16, 2013
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.