AA larger | smaller
RICHARD PUDDIFANT It is with profound sadness and broken hearts that on March 1, 2013, at the Stonewall Hospital, Richard Puddifant (Rick) passed away peacefully at the age of 42 years, after a hard fought battle with multiple health issues. He leaves to mourn his parents Charles and Lynn and many relatives and friends. Rick graduated from Stonewall Collegiate in 1990. During Rick's early years he travelled across Canada competing in wheelchair sports, including basketball, and sledge hockey. He completed the 13k in the Manitoba Marathon at the age of 15. Rick could always be seen riding his wheelchair bike and chatting with his many friends on his way to watch baseball. A service of remembrance and celebration for Rick will be held on Monday, March 11, 2013, 2:00 p.m. at MacKenzie Funeral Chapel, 433 Main Street, Stonewall, MB In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Southwest District Palliative Care, Box 1282, Stonewall, MB, R0C 2Z0 or The Kidney Foundation of Canada, Unit 1-452 Dovercourt Drive, Winnipeg, MB, R3Y 1G4. MACKENZIE FUNERAL CHAPEL STONEWALL 204-467-2525 firstname.lastname@example.org
Publish Date: Mar 9, 2013
RICHARD PUDDIFANT On March 1, 2013 at the Stonewall Hospital, Richard Puddifant passed away at the age of 42 years. Funeral service will be held on Monday, March 11, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. at MacKenzie Funeral Chapel, 433 Main Street, Stonewall, MB. Longer obituary to follow. MACKENZIE FUNERAL CHAPEL STONEWALL 204-467-2525 email@example.com
Publish Date: Mar 5, 2013
RICHARD PUDDIFANT On March 1, 2013 at the Stonewall Hospital, Richard Puddifant passed away at the age of 42 years. Longer obituary will follow. MACKENZIE FUNERAL SERVICE STONEWALL 204-467-2525 firstname.lastname@example.org
Publish Date: Mar 4, 2013
Publish Date: Mar 5, 2013
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on March 09, 2013
Guest Book(26 entries)
- Thank you for the good writeup. It if truth be told was once a leisure account it. Look complex to more added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we keep in touch?
- Posted by: protezy gdynia (http://bialy.zuru.com.pl/leczenie-kanalowe-gdynia-2/) on: Apr 6, 2013
- We thought the world of Rick. His sense of humour and his incredibly quick wit will be remembered for ever. We will cherish our memories from Mexico and QUartzsite. It was an honour to know him and our love is with you at this difficult time.
- Posted by: Gome and Doreen and family (Friends) on: Mar 23, 2013
- Lynn and Charlie; Sorry to hear about your loss. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.
- Posted by: Susan Chiarellia (Lightfoot) (Friend) on: Mar 11, 2013
- Ricky taught us all the importance of love, by him and by his dear parents.
- Posted by: Bob Bowman (Uncle) on: Mar 11, 2013
- Charlie and Lynn, we want to express our deep sorrow at your loss. You are in our thoughts and prayers at this time. We remember Ricky as a happy student, always a smile on his face in spite of any hardship he may have endured. We consider it an honor to have been a small part of his life and for what he has taught us all. The loss of a loved one is always difficult. We offer you our love and prayers.
- Posted by: David and Audrey Boch (Former Teachers) on: Mar 10, 2013
- Dear Charlie and Lynn...our thoughts are with you during this sad time. Rick always had a smile and we loved visiting with him when we were back in Manitoba.
- Posted by: Don and Marge Verran (Great Uncle and Aunt) on: Mar 9, 2013
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you over the miles----sorry we won't be with you on Monday----but will be thinking of you.
- Posted by: Brenda and Gord (Cousin) on: Mar 9, 2013
- So sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you all at this difficult time.
- Posted by: Heidi Hellsten ((acquaintance from wheelchair sports)) on: Mar 9, 2013
- Our thoughts are with you Charlie and Lynn. We are sorry to hear of your loss.
- Posted by: Corinne, Greg, and girls (Cousin) on: Mar 8, 2013
- Lynn & Charlie, Their are no words we can express for our sadness for your loss of Ricky. Knowing what a remarkable man he grew up to be will bring you comfort and many memories. Sorry we cannot be with you at this time.XOXOX
- Posted by: Kerry & Luc Laramee (Family Friend) on: Mar 8, 2013
- We are so sorry to hear about Rick. We are sending our thoughts and prayers to you.
- Posted by: Dennis and Gloria (Freinds/Co-Worker) on: Mar 7, 2013
- Lynn and Charlie, we are so sorry to hear of Rick's passing. We are thinking of you.
- Posted by: Bob, Chris, Cole and Reed Preston (friends) on: Mar 7, 2013
- Charlie & Lynn, my heart aches for you both! I know Rick was a very special person and you will have many memories to cherish! I hope to be with you all on Monday. Love Marie
- Posted by: Marie & Wayne (Friend) on: Mar 7, 2013
- Our thoughts & prayers are with you @ this time.
- Posted by: Myron & Emily Phipps (FRiend) on: Mar 6, 2013
- Sorry for your loss. I only met Rickey twice but I noticed right away the aura that he projected.
- Posted by: Rik Zatonski (ex-coworker) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Mr.& Mrs. Puddifant and family. There are so many ways Rick's memory will always stand out in my heart & mind. "I am a part of all that I have met". So glad to have met your son. God be with you all.
- Posted by: Maria and Hal Glanfield (Maria, Caregiver) on: Mar 5, 2013
- I will miss talking with Rick. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Sorry I won't be with you at this time. Love jenny
- Posted by: jenny sinclair (good friend and adopted aunty) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Dear Lynn and Charlie: We are so sorry to hear of your loss. Our prayers and love are with you. May the wonderful memories you hold in your heart guide you through this difficult time. God Bless!
- Posted by: Rae and Milt Jones (Friends) on: Mar 5, 2013
- So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family.
- Posted by: Tracy Viveiros (Childhood Friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
- My heart goes out to Mr & Mrs Puddifant and their family. Rick was a great man, his personality shone brighter than all the stars in the sky. He will be missed by everyone who knew him.
- Posted by: Melanie Dixon (Childhood Friend) on: Mar 4, 2013
- Dear Charlie and Lynn, we are so sorry to hear about Rick's passing. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers. Some of our favourite memories of him are from the camping days. You will have many good memories, which will help to comfort you during this very painful time. Please accept our deepest sympathy. Sincerely, Stan and Sheryle
- Posted by: Rod and Sheryle Deprez (Friends) on: Mar 4, 2013
- Dear Lynn and Charlie, We are so sorry to hear about Rick's passing. We are thinking of you.
Tammy and Ron Macintosh
- Posted by: Tammy and Ron macintosh (Friends) on: Mar 4, 2013
- Charlie & Lynn.....my heart breaks for you!!! Rick was such an important part of your life and he knew it!!! What a beautiful man you raised!! I will miss seeing him at Goldeyes games!!! Our chats will be missed!!! I found it amazing how easy it was to make him laugh!! He will be missed!!!!! Rest in paradise Rick!!!!
- Posted by: Vicki Anderson (Family friend) on: Mar 4, 2013
- Lynn & Charlie, our hearts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope your wonderful memories will help you through this difficult time.
- Posted by: Bernice ( Browning) Smith (Cousin) on: Mar 4, 2013
- Mr. & Mrs. Puddifant I am so truly sorry for your loss. No words big enough can help with the pain you're going thru but know I am sending love and prayers. Rick was one of a kind. I have great memories of him being my neighbour and friend growing up. He has a special place is my heart! May he rest in peace. xo
- Posted by: Carly Klassen (Childhood Friend) on: Mar 4, 2013
- Charlie, Lynn & Family,
Rick was a man of strength and compassion. He brought happiness wherever he went. His laugh was infectious and his eyes, simply mesmerizing.
The world has lost a very special person, and will never be able to fill the void that has been left behind. Just know this, I am always with you.
Be strong, and do his spirit the honor of carrying on his legacy of undiminished joy and passion.
- Posted by: Debra Laurin (Family Friend) on: Mar 4, 2013
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.