AA larger | smaller
SASHA HARVARD 1979 - 2013 It is with great sadness that the family of Sasha Harvard announces his unexpected passing on March 2, 2013. He is survived by his mother, Lenore Berscheid, his father, John Harvard (Pat Bovey), sisters Stephanie Harvard and Traci Singleton (Reg), brother Darren (Lori), many cousins, nieces and nephews, stepsisters Alixe and Katherine Bovey and their families in London, and long-time close friend Scott MacLean. Sasha graduated from the University of Winnipeg in 2001 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, and from the University of Manitoba in 2009 with a Bachelor of Laws. After his articles with the Provincial Crown and his call to the bar in 2010, he joined Alghoul & Associates Law Firm where he practised Civil Litigation, Family Law, Criminal Law, Administrative Law and handled many Residential School Hearings. At the request of the family, there will be no service. In lieu of flowers, those so inclined may make a contribution in Sasha's name to Agape Table, P.O. Box 26111 Maryland RPO, Winnipeg, MB R3G 3R3.
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on March 05, 2013
Guest Book(70 entries)
- love you sash
- Posted by: Anonymous (anonymous) on: Jun 23, 2013
- With deep appreciation, I want to thank each and every person for extending condolences to my family on the passing of our beloved son, Sasha. I have been deeply moved by the dozens of messages from friends who shared their memories of him. Sasha was one of a kind with a generous spirit and an abiding love and compassion for people. He also will be remembered for his gift for music, love for the practice of law and knowledge of public issues here at home and around the world. Sasha will forever remain in our hearts and, although his life was cut far too short, we give thanks for having shared his love. Again, on behalf of my family, thanks to everyone for thinking of us at this time of great sorrow. John Harvard
- Posted by: John Harvard (Father) on: Apr 8, 2013
- Today, I went to the beach with my children. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had to tell someone!
- Posted by: wirtualne biuro (http://www.katalog.es/biznes,i,ekonomia/corporacja,investor,wirtualne,biuro,katowice,s,12981/) on: Apr 6, 2013
- I was so shocked to hear of Sasha's passing! When he was recommended to me when I needed a lawyer, he was able to create an instant rapport with his warmth and charisma. I really appreciated being able to let him carry some of my burdens during a tough time. My heart goes out to his family and friends following this unfair, untimely loss.
- Posted by: Caitlin Stewart (Client & Acquaintance) on: Mar 25, 2013
- Sasha always had a happy smile, and he would make people around him smile. I will never forget him or the memories I have of him. He will forever be in my heart. R.I.P Sasha, I will miss you so much. I won't say goodbye to him, I'll just say see you soon.
I hope you're okay and that you're still smiling. I love you <3 now and forever
- Posted by: Charity LeGal (Cousin) on: Mar 20, 2013
- My deepest condolences to Sasha's family on his sudden, devastating passing. Sasha's bright smile and his ability to encourage everybody to fulfill their greatest potential has personally impacted my life. I'll always remember our last hug and our weekend brunches. "I'm glad you're my friend."
- Posted by: Sarah Olson (Friend) on: Mar 18, 2013
- I am thankful for the brief time I got to spend with Sasha. He spoke so lovingly of his family, particularly about his sister in Paris and of how much he admired her spirit. Peace be with you Sasha, you have a special place in my heart. My sincere condolences to your friends and family.
- Posted by: Elizabeth FB (friend) on: Mar 16, 2013
- Dear John and Lenore,
I didn't know Sasha, but I can't think of anything more awful than outliving a child.
I know you must be feeling great pain and hope that with the support of your friends and family you can get though it. You have my sympathy and best wishes, Hang in there.
- Posted by: Marty Dolin on: Mar 13, 2013
- I can't imagine what you are going through and can only hope that the memories of all those good times with Sasha and the knowledge that so many friends want to surround you with love and comfort will give you strength, courage and peace with the passage of time. My sincere condolences, Judy.
- Posted by: Judy Wasylycia-Leis (friend) on: Mar 13, 2013
- I did not know Sasha but I do know John, Lenore and Pat and feel for all of you in your grief. From the comments from his friends and family, I can see he must have been a remarkable fellow - I very much regret not having known him. May your memories of him live on and be treasured in your inner selves where death is overcome. Affectionately,
- Posted by: Muriel Smith (Friend) on: Mar 13, 2013
- Dear Lenore and John,
Gloria and I grieve and mourn with you and family on the sudden death of Sasha - a true gentleman. May you and your family take comfort during these very difficult times in the assurance of His bountiful grace even as we ask, Why? Our thoughts and prayers are with you. - Rey Pagtakhan
- Posted by: REYNALDO DALUZ PAGTAKHAN (Former colleague of father and friend of family) on: Mar 13, 2013
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.
- Posted by: Linda and Aubrey Asper on: Mar 13, 2013
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you in this time of grief and sorrow. Please let us know if there's anything you need.
- Posted by: Colin and Sandy Peterson (friends) on: Mar 11, 2013
- Sasha was a darling person. Every time I was around him I couldn't help but feel myself smiling from the inside out. My thoughts and love goes out to his family. He will be missed dearly. Not a moment goes by that I can't picture/feel that one and only 'Sasha' personality. I was blessed to have known him.
- Posted by: Sara H (Friend) on: Mar 11, 2013
- Our thoughts are with all of you at this time...We care......
- Posted by: Diane,Ray Aboud and family (Friends) on: Mar 11, 2013
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You are in my thoughts as I know what a difficult time this is for you. Take care
- Posted by: Mark Baragar on: Mar 11, 2013
- We are both sorry for your family's Loss. Jeannette knew your son, Sasha; & felt very bad for you & Lenore.
- Posted by: Geoffrey Metcalf & Jeannette Metcalfe (Interested Parties) on: Mar 10, 2013
- Dear John and Lenore,
It was with great sadness that Steven and I heard about your loss. We will always remember Sasha's infectious smile and easygoing nature. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time. If there is anything we can do, please let us know.
- Posted by: Laura Oleson (Friend of family) on: Mar 10, 2013
- Dear Lenore. So sorry to learn of the loss of your beloved son Sasha. Grieve boldly at so profound a loss. My condolences to you and your loved ones.
- Posted by: Diana Simpson (Former colleague of Lenore's) on: Mar 8, 2013
- So many late nights........"Sash....Heart of Gold one more time......."
- Posted by: Ken Cudmore (Fan) on: Mar 8, 2013
- Lenore I have no words just that you have my tears and I want you to know that I am thinking about you. Please take enough time to care for your self. Know that we will manage until you feel ready to come back to work.
- Posted by: Janice Lowry (co-worker) on: Mar 8, 2013
- Lenore - our condolences to you and your family we will keep you in our prayers ....Pinaymootang Health Centre Staff
- Posted by: Gwen traverse on: Mar 8, 2013
- My heartfelt sympathy goes out to Lenore, John and Stephanie. My memories of Sasha go back to elementary school. His was always a presence that was larger than life. I am deeply saddened by his sudden death. Your sorrow will be as deep and wide as your love for him. My thoughts are with you.
- Posted by: Daryl Reimer ((teacher)) on: Mar 8, 2013
- Dear Lenore, Stephanie & John,
Please accept our heartfelt condolences for the loss of your Sasha. We cannot imagine the heartbreak you are feeling and our thoughts are with you all.
- Posted by: Cristina Molinar & Stan Wiebe on: Mar 8, 2013
- We want to extend our sincerest condolences to John and family on this sudden passing. Losing a son is one of the most devastating experiences for a father and family. Our thoughts are with you during this extremely sad time.
- Posted by: Arnold and Lynne Kellner (colleagues of Sasha's dad John) on: Mar 7, 2013
- What a loss. Sasha was such a wonderful, caring guy. My condolences to the family.
- Posted by: Heather Mack (Friend) on: Mar 7, 2013
- What a shock, to hear about Sasha's death. Our Deepest Sympathy to Stephanie, and your parents. Our hearts ache for your loss.
We are sending all our love and light to you at this unbearable time,
Jo & Michael Duffy
- Posted by: Josephine & Michael Duffy on: Mar 7, 2013
- I am deeply saddened to learn from our Dean of the law school about the sudden demise of one of our former students Sasha Harvard. Our law school prides itself on being one of the tight-knit communities in the university where students, faculty, staff, and alumni come together for an excellent legal education. I remember Sasha very well as one of the familiar faces at Robson Hall for 3 years from 2007. There is no doubt that this is a shocking news to many of our former students and staff who knew him well.
With sincere heartfelt condolences
Thayalan, Robson Hall
- Posted by: Thayalan (Law School Staff) on: Mar 7, 2013
- I still cannot shake this sense of shock and unfairness. You were such a beautiful person with so much yet to offer the world. I enjoyed your enthusiasm and your ability to speed through your thoughts as we discussed files, legal approaches and the world in general. I will mourn but I will smile when I think of you... my deepest condolences to Lenore and John, I can't imagine the grief but I know you will always remember the sparkle and sunlight he brought to the world around him.
- Posted by: Tony Kavanagh (Friend/Legal ) on: Mar 7, 2013
- To describe in words the amount of gratitude I have for being lucky enough to cross paths with Sasha is nearly impossible... He was a profound influence on who I've become in life. We could go a year or 2 without speaking, and the moment we connected again it was like we had never missed a step. There isn't a single memory that doesn't warm my heart. He was absolutely amazing, a tribute to everything awesome. The news of his passing has left me feeling beyond heavy hearted. I know he would want everyone to strive for excellence. I will always remember Sasha, and I will continue to be inspired by him to be the best that I can in life. I love you buddy...
My deepest condolences to his family, and to all his friends. How lucky we were to know him.
- Posted by: Dusty Rawsthorne (a true friend) on: Mar 6, 2013
- My thoughts and prayers go out to Sasha's family. He was an incredible guy and will be missed by so many.
- Posted by: Colette (Precourt) Havens on: Mar 6, 2013
- Words fall short of expressing our sorrow for your loss. You Lenore, John and Stephanie are in our thoughts and prayers.
- Posted by: Helena & Grzegorz Nikodem (friends of family) on: Mar 6, 2013
- Sasha's rising star still shines brightly in the memories of all who loved him. Our deepest sympathy.
- Posted by: Helga Sigurdson, Linda Sigurdson Collette on: Mar 6, 2013
- My condolences to the Harvard family. Sasha was a beautiful soul and will be deeply missed by all.
- Posted by: Stephanie Corbett (Friend) on: Mar 6, 2013
- Sasha had a heart of gold, an infectious smile, zest for life, wisdom beyond his years.... I love you baby brother and will miss you terribly.
- Posted by: Traci Singleton (sister) on: Mar 6, 2013
- Our very sincere condolences Lenore and John on the passing of Sasha. May all the happy memories of the past remain with you forever. Rest in peace Sasha.
- Posted by: Merv and Cathy Cherewyk (Friends) on: Mar 6, 2013
- From our years at Kelvin to St. Andrews dinners, to our many chance encounters around Winnipeg, Sasha's presence always uplifted everyone around him. I will truly miss him.
- Posted by: Doug Darling (Friend) on: Mar 6, 2013
- Sasha was a great guy and a friend I had the pleasure of knowing and spending time together. I will keep in my memory for a lifetime us playing Guitar, jamming, singing and laughing. My deepest condolences to his family. The world has lost a truly amazing man. A very sad day.
- Posted by: Joel/Andrew Bourgeault (Freinds) on: Mar 6, 2013
Your life was a blessing your memory a treasure... You are loved beyond words and missed beyond measure... Sasha I will miss you dearly and you will always live in my heart! My heart goes out to his family and many friends who will always cherish your memories.
- Posted by: Tammy Chaplin (Friend) on: Mar 6, 2013
- My deepest condolences go out to John and the rest of Sasha's family. Sasha was an exceptional guy and he will be missed. His big personality and compassion was unmatched. A true stand up guy that left this place way too soon but I can say without reservation that he made the world a better place.
- Posted by: Jeff Legault (friend) on: Mar 6, 2013
- Dear John:
My deepest condolences to you and all the family on the passing of your son. I hope with time the pain of this terrible loss will be diminished and that only the happy memories of the times you spent together will remain to console you
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care, Eleni
- Posted by: Eleni (Bakopanos) on: Mar 6, 2013
- Sasha nicknamed me "lucky" on one of the first days of law school...I'll never forget him. The world is a little dimmer with his passing. Goodbye, my friend. Goodbye.
- Posted by: shannon lazell (friend) on: Mar 6, 2013
- It is with sadness that I read of Sasha's death. Sasha was in my Legal Methods class and I remember on the first day when I read out his name I asked him if he was called after Sasha Trudeau and he said "yes". During Sasha's three years at the Law School I thoroughly enjoyed him. He was always pleasant with a big smile. He would come into the Library and we would chat over many things.
I send my sincere sympathies to Sasha's family. He will be greatly missed.
- Posted by: Muriel St. John (Instructor/Researcher) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Sasha was a great friend with a huge heart and an incredible mind. I will always cherish the memories of Sasha playing his acoustic guitar on the dock or by the fire at our cabin at West Hawk Lake. I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to visit with him when I was in Winnipeg just a few weeks ago. My favorite memory of him was when he joined the band playing at my wedding reception for a few songs. He added a lot to a very special day in my life. My deepest condolences to his family. I will forever miss you, my friend.
- Posted by: Graeme Hayward (Friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Understanding the true breadth of Sasha's genius wasn't something everyone could do. He could explain International law while playing you a song on the guitar and cooking you a gourmet meal at the same time. He's making everyone in the next life laugh right now. He was a truly extraordinary person who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed. I miss him so much. I love you pal.
- Posted by: Dave Maclean (Friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
- It saddens me deeply to hear of Sasha's passing. We were close during our formative years and he has to be one of the most positive, generous and compassionate people I've ever had the pleasure of spending time with. That he has left us so young and with such a bright future ahead is a loss that words cannot sufficiently describe. Goodbye old friend.
- Posted by: Joel L. (Friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Our thoughts are with you Uncle Harv (Pat), Auntie Lenore, Stephanie, Traci and Darren. Always in our hearts! Dorothy, Kelli, Carla and families.
- Posted by: Kelli (Cousin) on: Mar 5, 2013
- My deepest condolences go out to Sasha's family on his untimely death. This must be a very difficult time for all those who knew and loved him and are paying tribute to him. I will light a candle of remembrance to honor his life as is the custom in our UU church. Norma D
- Posted by: Norma Drosdowech (Friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Dear Lenore, John and Stephanie. Thinking of you at this very sad time. With sympathy.
- Posted by: Alice and Barry Oswald on: Mar 5, 2013
- Lenore, We are sorry to hear of your loss. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.
- Posted by: Linda and Gordon Snell (Cousin to Lenore) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Thank you Sasha for sharing with me the lullaby I sing to my daughter! You were a great musician! I'm sure many people will miss hearing your voice, guitar and of course the harmonicas you played so well! Love to your family and friends!
- Posted by: Lara (Friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
- I was very saddened to hear of his sudden passing. He will be missed.
- Posted by: Scott Monkman (Friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
- I was extremely saddened to hear of Sasha's untimely passing, and I extend my deepest sympathies to his family. Sasha was a wonderful person whose energy, positive outlook and genuinely friendly manner I shall never forget.
- Posted by: Walter Krawec (Friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
- We are so sorry to hear of your loss Lenore. Our prayers are with you and your family. God's blessings.
- Posted by: Ray and Marjorie Gehlen (Cousin to Lenore) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Everytime I talked you listened and would respond with truth. I will always appreciate that. Your songs will play in my heart. My thoughts are with all that love you... till we meet again xo
- Posted by: Kimberly Shaen (friend ) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Sasha and I worked together and I was always inspired by his belief in people and his social conscience. His personality was larger than life. He will be sadly missed by all who knew him. God bless my friend. My condolences to his family.
- Posted by: Michelle Joubert (co-worker) on: Mar 5, 2013
my deepest sympathy and condolences on your terrible loss. I remember all the fun we had when you three came to Boston. My thoughts and prayers are with you
- Posted by: Mary Clancy (friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
- A brilliant mind and a most generous heart. Sasha found the good in all of us. May we find comfort in knowing that we share part of such a glorious life.
- Posted by: Christopher Kozier (Friend/Co-worker) on: Mar 5, 2013
- If there was ever a person who could light up a room with just a smile and a song, Sasha was that person. His warm heart and passion for things he cared about goes unmatched. You will be missed, my good friend.
- Posted by: Jamie Wilkie (friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Sasha cared about everyone. He was a beautiful soul. Every memory I have brings a smile to my face. My deepest condolences go out to his family.
- Posted by: Neil Goldring (friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
- My heartfelt condolences to Sasha's family..
You will miss him everyday.. but he will be with you ..in your thoughts, memories and your hearts.. and I hope that those thoughts and memories will bring to you some comfort in this difficult time..
- Posted by: Tammy Fredborg (Family friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
- John, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May you find the peace and calm to weather the storm.
- Posted by: Phillip Kusie on: Mar 5, 2013
- Our warmest condolences to the family.
- Posted by: Georges and Stella Beauregard (Friend of family) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Good bye Sasha. You were one truly amazing man and will be greatly missed by all. Hard to believe we will never hear that voice again. I will miss you and remember you forever. Rest well my friend. xo
- Posted by: Kara Hayward (Friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Sasha was a remarkable young man with a huge heart and ability to have empathy for others. He was instrumental in helping vulnerable people make positive changes to their lives. Our love and prayers are with the family.
Shelley Guillas Friend.
- Posted by: Shelley Guillas (Friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Good Bye Sash my sweet friend. You have always been such an amazing man and a great friend. There are no words to express the sadness of your passing. I will never forget you. A part of you will live on in all of us forever. Rest well love!!
- Posted by: Julia Weedon (Friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Sasha had a zest for life and an enthusiastic spirit. His smile lit up the room. Heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. Gone too soon.
- Posted by: Lesley F. on: Mar 5, 2013
- I am so sorry to hear of Sasha's sudden passing. I have known Sasha for 2 or 3 years now and I am thankful to have known him. Although he was my lawyer we soon became friends. He had a contagious smile and knew how to encourage me. My heart goes out to his family at this time. He will be missed a ton. God has a reason for all things and we can rest assured that he will walk with all of us during these hard times.
- Posted by: JENNIFER NORRIS (Friend/Client) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Wonderful person...caring, fabulous sense of humour, enjoyable to be around, amazing guitar player and singer.
Love and prayers to Sasha's Family and Friends.
- Posted by: Patti B. (Acquaintance) on: Mar 5, 2013
- I am so sorry to hear of Sasha's passing. I remember him as such a bright young man with a sweet and genuine smile. My heartfelt condolences to his family and many friends.
- Posted by: Christina Von Schindler (Colleague at the University of Winnipeg ) on: Mar 5, 2013
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.