AA larger | smaller
FANTINE COLLINS September 20, 1956 - March 2, 2013 Fantine is predeceased by her father Robert. She is survived by spouse Claude Courchaine; mother Emily; children Shawn (Meena), Cheyenne (Katie), Fawn (Ryan) and Shane; extended family Crystal (Richie), Cynthia (Stef); foster children Ariel, Lloyd and Sheldon; grandchildren Bryce, Maya, Reyna, Landon, Liam and Anna; sister Elaine (Nelson); brothers Mindy, Clyde, Tommy (Audrey), Faron (Joy), Elvis (Tracey), Randy (Cheryl); numerous aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. A celebration for Fantine will be held at the Riverton Community Hall, on Saturday, March 9, 2013 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Family and friends are invited for coffee and luncheon. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to CancerCare Manitoba. Gilbart Funeral Home, Gimli in care of arrangements. www.gilbartfuneralhome.com
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on March 05, 2013
Guest Book(8 entries)
I like to think that you are receiving this.
I always enjoyed running into you when I came to the home town. You were such a good natured intelligent gal.
I could pick out your laugh in a packed house.
It was an honour to have shared a bit of the world with you.
All the best to your family.
God bless you Fantine.
- Posted by: Kenneth Helgason (friend) on: Jul 17, 2013
- Fantine and I were friends in the late 70's early 80's and then I moved away. I visited her whenever I came back to Riverton. Now I can tell the story of seeing a UFO near the army base by Gimli with her! She made me promise not to tell anyone because they would never believe us! Of course I could not contain the excitement, and later we tried to tell what happened... of course she was right- no one believed us...but we knew it was true! I will miss her. She was one in a million.
- Posted by: Laurie Jonasson (Friend) on: Mar 10, 2013
- Just knowing Fantine for a few short years and felt that she was a very special person who made you feel very comfortable to have as a friend. Her soft words and sweet smile was enough. May you rest in peace and know that your memory will live on in all our hearts forever. Mona Combot and family.
- Posted by: Mona Combot (Aunt) on: Mar 7, 2013
- When I met Fantine 28 years ago, little did I know that I was meeting my best friend. We became, as one described it to me recently, "Soul Sisters." I had the honor of being a part of her family as she became an important member of mine. I will miss our talks, our laughs and our reminiscing of the good ole days when "Walked around like we owned the town!" I miss you dearly, but you are now at peace and free of all your pain...now it is us who have to heal with the pain of saying good-bye. Till we meet again...xoxo Kim
- Posted by: Kim Ledingham (Friend) on: Mar 6, 2013
- Fantine came to Creston numerous times to visit family. She was very quiet at first but she quickly joined the family with laughs and jokes. She will always be remembered and truly missed by our family. Our hearts and prayers are with Claude (Coco) my brother and her family. Much Love OOXX
- Posted by: Cheryl & Ken from Creston (Sister in law) on: Mar 6, 2013
- I went to school with her she was always smiling we had fun in school she was a very nice lady I enjoy her laughter we drove the teacher crazy I'm glad we went to the same school. God speed love Randy johnson
- Posted by: randy johnson (friend) on: Mar 6, 2013
- I always enjoyed talking to Fantine and sharing a laugh. We both shared similar health problems and I enjoyed her company when she worked at the Motor Inn and FFMC. Goda Nott and God Bless!!!!
- Posted by: David Tomasson---Hecla. (Friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Fantine and I went to school together. I had sleep overs at her home. Just 2 rooms full of family but they always had room for one more person. I remember we laughed alot and always had a good time. I will never forget her she was a good friend.
- Posted by: Gail Sutyla (friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.