AA larger | smaller
MARGO PENNER (nee KLASSEN) September 15, 1925 - March 1, 2013 Margo grew up in Blumenort near Gretna, Manitoba. She married Jim Penner in 1947 at Terrace, BC. Margo and Jim (our parents) raised eight children. She is survived by her two sons, Stanley (Lorraine) and Robert (Faith), and by her four daughters, Brenda (Rick), Margaret (Issa), Rosalie (Jim), Marilou (Streams) and their families. She was predeceased by her oldest daughter, Carole Elaine, in 1972, one son Timothy John, in 2001 and her husband Jim, in 2012. She was also predeceased by her parents, Jacob E. Klassen and Anna Rempel, and three brothers. Funeral services will be held at Bethel Mennonite Church on 465 Stafford St., Friday, March 8, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. Donations may be made to the Deer Lodge Centre or the Bethel Mennonite Church. Arrangements by BIRCHWOOD FUNERAL CHAPEL 1-204-346-1030 OR 1-888-454-1030
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on March 05, 2013
Guest Book(13 entries)
- A wonderful cook, and teacher of 'paper tole', & Brazilian embroidery --met in 1992
- Posted by: Loretta (friend in Yuma,AZ) on: Jul 1, 2013
- My Mom was the best and I so miss her
- Posted by: Brenda (daughter) on: Mar 11, 2013
- Our condolences go to the Penner family. Aunt Margo was very dear to us, we spent many happy times together as families. Margo was always interested in what was happening with our family and especially what was going on in the farm yard. We will miss her cheerfulness and beautiful laugh. With love from the George Klassen family.
- Posted by: George Klassen family (brother`s family) on: Mar 9, 2013
- I enjoyed working with Margo so much. I will miss her. I walk by her room and expect her to be there. Godspeed Margo, you are now back with your true love
- Posted by: shelvy drummond (nurse) on: Mar 8, 2013
- I am the daughter of Dan Penner (brother of Jim Margo's late husband). My thoughts are with the family. It has been many years since our families have been together but good memories always surpass the test of time. My prayers are with you.
- Posted by: Mona Penner (niece) on: Mar 7, 2013
- A special memory: a long time ago, in Blumenort, Margo taught me how to make crepe paper flowers! More recently, I cherish the visits at gatherings and via the phone! God's peace and comfort to the family. Betty
- Posted by: Betty Klassen (Cousin) on: Mar 7, 2013
- Aunt Margo always wanted to know what was happening in your life and took an interest in your children and their lives also. She was a very sincere person, and a genuine character. She made certain that if someone was being left out, she stood up for that person. We will miss her. I regret that we are out of country and will miss the funeral.
- Posted by: Barry Klassen (Nephew) on: Mar 6, 2013
- I am the daughter of Ruth (sister to Jim - Margo's husband). My younger sister and I are the exact same ages as Rosalie and Marilou. In fact Rosalie and I were even born in the same month. My sister and I grew up in Virden, MB so we did not get to Winnipeg very often. When we did, though, one of our favourite things to do was to go to "Rosalie and Marilou's house" when they lived on Loudon Road in Charleswood. Of course, Aunt Margo was one of the reasons why the visits were so special. I also remember her driving the four of us to the PanAm Pool one time, which was a real treat. Margo will surely be missed.
- Posted by: Lorie Matchett (Niece) on: Mar 6, 2013
- I was sad when I heard of Margo's passing today. I always enjoyed her coming to get her hair done at the salon. I felt I could talk to her about anything. She was such an open minded fair woman for a senior, never judging anyone for anything. I will miss her alot.
- Posted by: Sandra Magnusson (Hairdresser at Deer Lodge) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Aunt Margo was a very special Aunt to me. She always made a special effort to stay in touch and was always so interested in you and your family. She was a very giving person and I loved her laugh! My deep condolences to the family.
- Posted by: Esther Warkentin (niece) on: Mar 5, 2013
- We enjoyed supper at Lorette on a Sunday afternoon at Chicken Chef until about a year and a half ago. I had much in common with my sister. Years ago we owned a house together in Winnipeg. I lived with her and her husband when I was teaching in Winnipeg.
- Posted by: Helen Fast (sister) on: Mar 5, 2013
- We go back many years. Enjoyed summer holidays at her parents farm. Margo was a very hospitable person. Even in the twilight time of her life always remembered to called me for a reunion of sorts; breakfast, lunch, etc. a special cousin indeed.
- Posted by: Milton (Milt) Brown (Cousin) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Margo had a way of always making me feel better, an example of how she lived through many days of suffering. Oh, how much you will miss her, take time to remember those times she made you feel better as well.
- Posted by: Orletta Wiebe (friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.