AA larger | smaller
CRAIG STEPHEN FORSTER It is with deep sorrow that we announce the passing of Craig on April 17, 2013. Craig is survived by his loving wife Denise and two daughters, Jennifer and Sarah Forster. He also leaves his mother Margaret and brother Dennis. He was predeceased by his wife Joanne (nee Smith) in 2006, and his father Horace in 1979. Craig loved the simple life; music, the lake, and working on projects or what he termed puttering. Craig could figure out how anything worked. His friends and family reaped the rewards of his curiosity and puttering. Many will continue to enjoy for a lifetime the handmade gifts that he made along with their working grandfather clocks, Servel fridges, and Aladdin lamps that only he seemed to understand. He was always willing to help out a friend. Later in his life, Craig pursued his love of music. He made magic happen with any instrument that he touched. He joined various bands and often had the spotlight on him because of his talent and charisma. Craig will always be remembered for his kindness and his sense of humour. He was easy to love and he will be missed dearly.
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on April 27, 2013
Guest Book(9 entries)
- I am shocked to hear the news of Craig's passing, had no idea. I met Craig almost 40 years ago now, shared many good times together with our families. Would love to touch base with Jennifer and Sarah, my thoughts are with you girls.
- Posted by: Linda Pogue (Wallcraft) (Friend) on: Jul 28, 2013
- I was stunned and saddened at Fox lake last weekend to hear of Craig's death. He was such a kind and generous man, always willing to help and share his knowledge and expertise. He will be badly missed by his family and friends. My family sends our condolences to all of you. All of us have such fond memories of Craig. May time bring peace.
- Posted by: Val Innes (Friend from Fox Lake) on: Jul 22, 2013
- I was saddened to hear of Craig's passing. He was a creative, talented keyboard player and had a golden gravel voice that depicted a real rocker. He performed songs like 'Mustang Sally', Satisfaction etc. like no one else. I only new Craig for about 6 years when we commenced playing with the Shondel's in Winnipeg. Our first job was the Juno's - CBC performance. Craig was awesome as usual. I only have fond memories of Craig and our relationship. We had a lot of laughs in the short time that we had together. My deepest and sincere condolences to Denise and all of Craig's family. Take care, Craig is still rockin' - I can feel it ... Your friend always - Lenny Fidkalo
- Posted by: Lenny Fidkalo (Friend and band mate) on: May 9, 2013
- we will sadly miss him. we have great memories. we send you our deepest condolences
- Posted by: eugene and teresa bourgeois (friend and co worker (coop chemical plant )st boniface) on: Apr 29, 2013
- Speaking on behalf of many who knew Craig at IPCO for many years, we were saddened to hear of Craig's passing today (Apr 29). Many of us enjoyed his daily humour and easy going attitude towards work and life in general. When he announced his early retirement to open a bed and breakfast out the Keewatin way, again, many of us gave him our best wishes.
- Posted by: Scott (co-worker (Ipco)) on: Apr 29, 2013
- We shared many bands...many memories...many laughs...and a 48 year unwavering friendship all rolled into one. I will miss you dearly Craig!
With our sincere condolences and deepest sympathy to both Denise's and Craig's families.
Jim and Barb Rose
- Posted by: Jim Rose (OLD FRIEND and OLD BAND MATE) on: Apr 29, 2013
- I have known Craig for so many years, I forget how many, he played in our band The Shondels for 5 years in Winnipeg, before moving to Kenora. He also has been playing with us for some New Years Eve shows. Craig, you were such a talented, singer and musician. I loved you like a brother, I will miss you, Jack
- Posted by: Jack Wong (Friend) on: Apr 29, 2013
- I was so sorry to hear of Craig's passing. I knew Craig for over thirty years and we played in many Bands together. He was a great keyboard player and singer. I will truly miss him. My sincere condolences to the family.
- Posted by: Bing (Friend ) on: Apr 28, 2013
- I have nothing but great memories with Craig......Craig was a fabulous musician and a good friend...I'm honoured to have been part of his early music career......We had so much fun!!!Craig had such a great sense of humour.......I want to send my condolences to the family......After years of no contact with Craig I made contact with him a few years ago.......and so wish that I could have met with him again.......
- Posted by: Dave LaBossiere (Friend & Band member from the 60's) on: Apr 27, 2013
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.