AA larger | smaller
GERALD (GERRY) EDWARD DYCK Unexpectedly on Wednesday, July 24, 2013, Gerry Dyck, beloved husband of Susan of Springstein, passed away. Memorial service will be on Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. at the Bethel Mennonite Church, 465 Stafford Street, Winnipeg. Complete obituary to follow in Tuesday's edition.
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 29, 2013
Guest Book(13 entries)
- My sincere condolences to the Dyck family. Gerry will be truly missed. He was a great man and i considered him my friend. His smile will always be in my mind.
- Posted by: Paul Kowall (Chiropractor) on: Aug 9, 2013
- Gerry was a good man. He will be greatly missed. Growing up Gerry always took interest in what I did, made sure I was okay at our large family gatherings. Life is short so live like Gerry lived. Full of love and joy. Judy Neustaedter
- Posted by: Judy Neustaedter (Cousin) on: Jul 31, 2013
- So sorry to hear of your loss Sue. May you find comfort among family and friends.
- Posted by: Garry Bell on: Jul 30, 2013
- I had one of the best times in my life on Gerry's farm. He was such a wonderful person and mentor. And was hoping to have the chance to show him my place back home in Germany. I was so shocked when I heard the sad news. My prayers are with the whole family. I have you in my heart!
- Posted by: Georg Fuchs (Internship on Farm / Friend of the family) on: Jul 30, 2013
- I will always remember as a kid working along side Gerry in the chicken barns.
My condolences to Susan and the entire family.
- Posted by: Don Harder (Cousin) on: Jul 30, 2013
- We are so saddened by Gerry's sudden Passing. I will miss our visits and discussions we had in his farm shop. Gerry and I may not always have agreed on things but one thing was for sure we both respected each other and remained good friends.
- Posted by: Wilf Penner (Close Friend and Fellow farming Neighbour) on: Jul 29, 2013
- Our deepest sympathies to you Sue and all of your family. The world got dimmer when it lost Gerry's bright smile. I can't imagine the profound loss you must feel. We are so very sorry for your loss.
- Posted by: Glenn & Cathy Cordy on: Jul 29, 2013
- So shocked and sad... Way, way too soon your family has lost an amazing dad and grand-dad and for all of us just a truly wonderfully warm, caring and joyous man. Our most heartfelt thoughts are with all you guys...Peter and Yvonne
- Posted by: Peter and Yvonne Sharples (friends and business associates) on: Jul 29, 2013
- Susan and family, terribly sorry for your sudden loss. Our thoughts and prayers with you and your family during during this very difficult time!
- Posted by: Doug Friesen (Former farm neighbor) on: Jul 29, 2013
- Very shocked at Gerry's sudden passing. He had a great sense of humour and I will miss him dearly.
My condolences to Susan and the entire family. I will be thinking of you during this difficult time.
- Posted by: Kerry Windsor (Cousin) on: Jul 29, 2013
- I'm so sorry to hear about Jerry! What a tragedy! My heart goes out to all of the family as well as all his close friends. Only God can make sense of this loss. May He comfort each one of you, giving you strength for each day's requirements and even a sense of peace throughout this difficult time.
With our Condolences,
Tom & "BJ" Hiebert
- Posted by: "BJ" [Betty] Hiebert (Wilf Penner's sister) on: Jul 29, 2013
- Is that a picture from high school? He never aged ... too young to go. With sympathy, Fay
- Posted by: Fay (Epler) McEachern (High School Classmate) on: Jul 29, 2013
- So shocked & saddened to hear of Gerry's sudden death....just another reminder of how fragile life can be. I saw him recently at Aunt Ella's funeral and got a real kick out of his tribute to her (the story of her gift with annimals) Although we haven't spent as much time together as we did when we were growing up with Sunday visits and beach days, I want to say, he will be missed! He was "a good egg".
Sincere condolences, thoughts & prayers, are with you all.
Love Loreen (Lori) Harms
- Posted by: Loreen Harms (Cousin) on: Jul 29, 2013
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.