AA larger | smaller
HUBERT DACQUAY Peacefully at the Lake of the Woods Hospital, in Kenora, ON on Sunday, July 28, 2013, Mr. Hubert Dacquay of West Hawk Lake, MB passed away at the age of 73 years. He leaves to mourn his loving wife Joanne (née Rusywich), daughter Susan (Grant) Irvine and two grandchildren, Kathryn and John Irvine. He also leaves to mourn four sisters: Odile (Antoine) Magne, Thérèse (Hubert) Bosc, Roselyne Dacquay and Solange (Norbert) Sibilleau; four brothers: Henri (Marguerite), Normand (Simone), Marcel (Claudette) and René Dacquay; in-laws: Ted Rusywick, Suzanne Rusywich and Claudette Rusywick as well as numerous nieces, nephews, relatives and friends. Hubert was predeceased by his son Marino and sisters, Hélène Labossière and Eveline Dacquay. Funeral Mass will be held in the St. Norbert Parish, 112 - 80 St. Pierre Street, Winnipeg, MB on Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. followed by a reception at the St. Norbert Community Centre, 3450 Pembina Hwy. The Interment will take place in the St. Claude Parish Cemetery in St. Claude, MB at 5:30 p.m. that evening. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Canadian Cancer Society 193 Sherbrook Street, Winnipeg, MB R3C 2B7. Adam's Funeral Home of Notre Dame de Lourdes, Manitoba in care of arrangements. Phone 248-2201 or 1-888-400-2326. www.afh.ca
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 31, 2013
Guest Book(13 entries)
- I only just heard of Duke's passing last weekend and want to express my sincere and heartfelt condolences to Joanne, Susan, Grant and family. I have the most wonderful memories of my time spent with your family out at Westhawk Lake many years ago. You are often in my thoughts and even more so at this time.
- Posted by: Tannis Galbon (Milling) (Friend) on: Sep 4, 2013
- Our deepest condolences to Joanne & family - We remember Duke as an original person with a great sense of humour & a kind sensibility to others. He was never too busy to give advice. Duke & Joanne made a great team & were always welcoming hosts.
You made a difference.
- Posted by: Patsy & Marcel Arbez (school friends) on: Aug 8, 2013
- My condolences to Joanne and Susanne and their families. I will always remember the wonderful times I had with Duke and Joanne. Their hospitality was unsurpassed. One of my favourite memories is the time I learned that Duke was a naturally gifted singer. We had the guitars out, and Duke picked one up and began singing with incredible character and feeling. I was amazed. Duke, I will never forget you.
- Posted by: David Ball (Friend) on: Aug 4, 2013
- I have the fondest memories of time well spent with both Duke and Joanne. My heartfelt condolences Joanne and family.
- Posted by: Wendy Down (friend) on: Aug 3, 2013
- so very sorry...we should also remember that Duke was one of the instigators in starting the South Whiteshell Volunteer Fire Dept...and all the time that he gave to his community...sitting in the bar was like visiting Duke and Joanne at their home...they always made you feel welcome
- Posted by: Debbie Bradshaw (past employee and friend) on: Aug 3, 2013
- It is never easy to find the right words at a moment like this. Our far and few between gatherings of the family were always more special because we had Hubert there. I will always remember him as a dedicated father and an excellent provider for his family.
A true friend to his friends and a man who accepted everyone for who they were without prejudice.
Joanne, Susan, Grant, brothers and sisters and grandchildren we can take great comfort that his soul is now free of his body which was its cage and brought him pain every day. This he will no longer have to endure.
May we go on to live our lives they that would make him happy.
With loving memories,
- Posted by: Suzanne Rusywich (Sister-In-Law) on: Aug 3, 2013
- Joanne and family So sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers will be for you at this difficult time.
- Posted by: Bernice (Friend and school pals at HAYWOOD SCHOOL) on: Jul 31, 2013
- Condolences from our family and all the old staff members of the West Hawk Inn and best wishes to the Dacquay Family. Our best memories are when we served under Duke and Joanne.
- Posted by: Spyder (Paul) and Kelly Fedoryshyn and Boys (Family Friends) on: Jul 31, 2013
- Sincere condolences to Joanne and family.
- Posted by: Barry and Evelyn Proceviat (Friends) on: Jul 31, 2013
- Joanne, Susan and Grant and family. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your husband, Dad and grandfather. I know he will be greatly missed. I hope you can find comfort in all the great memories you shared together as a family. Wishing you a warm hug from afar.
- Posted by: Tina Wiebe-Carl (friend) on: Jul 31, 2013
- I was fortunate to have grown up and been a local out in Falcon Lake, and spent many hrs visiting and enjoying the Dacquay family, Hubert (Duke) approached me one afternoon and asked if I would be security/slash bar mgr, I eagerly accepted and was fortunate to have a great relationship with Duke, he certainly loved to have fun. my sympathy to Joanne and Susan and their families, Duke will now be rejoined with Marino, I will always miss them both !
- Posted by: Dwayne "Schmutt" Schmidt (Friend and past employee) on: Jul 31, 2013
- To the Family of Hubert, please accept our heartfelt condolences in the loss of a fine man. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
- Posted by: Maurice and Bev Basset (friends) on: Jul 31, 2013
- Duke always made work a fun way to spend your time no matter how busy or how hard the day. His zest for life was contagious and he inspired me to look at the work that I have done for the rest of my working days in a whole different light. He always had great stories to tell and he was a wonderful human being. My condolences to Joanne and your family. He will be missed.
- Posted by: Pat Steele (Hutton) (former employee and friend) on: Jul 31, 2013
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.