AA larger | smaller
ROBERT ROY YESTRAU March 31, 1942 - September 3, 2013 Despite his extraordinary will to live, Robert passed away peacefully in the arms of his family in the surgical intensive care unit at Health Sciences Centre on September 3, 2013. Our hearts are broken and our lives will never be the same without him. Robert was a wonderful, hardworking man who loved his family with all his heart. He made us feel safe and secure with his love. He had a great sense of humor and always made everyone laugh. He loved camping and making lawn ornaments but most of all he loved being with his family. His memory will be cherished by his loving wife Marg of 48 years, son Rob (Laura), daughter Kim, grandchildren Tylen, Kortni, Keera and Skye, his very special mother-in-law Marge MacLennan, sister-in-law Joan Mailhiot (Roger), brothers Dennis (Gail), Ken (Adele), Leonard (Margaret), Harry and Herb (Vi), sisters Eileen (Carl), Verna, Linda (Doug) and Betty Yestrau and many nieces and nephews. Robert was predeceased by his loving mom Mary and father Harry, brother Herman, sisters Teenie Karpick and Jean Boyko, brother-in-laws Jack Taman, Fred Karpick, Joe Boyko and sister-in-law Linda Yestrau. Rest in peace my sweet angel. Don't worry we will always be "Four Strong" with your arms around us and ours around you forever! A celebration of life will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at Glen Lawn Funeral Home, 455 Lagimodiere Blvd. Family and friends may sign a Book of Condolence at www.glenlawn.ca. Glen Lawn Funeral Home 204-982-7550
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on September 07, 2013
Guest Book(10 entries)
- Amazing Uncle to Robyn with many memories of jokes, laughter and happiness! Wonderful great-uncle to Devlon with much love and gentle kindness that grand uncles can give! An ultimate family member that will be truly missed and his memory cherished forever within hearts and minds of the Whalen family. Forever within us, God Bless, and peace be with you always!
- Posted by: Robyn, Chris & Devlon (Robyn (niece)) on: Sep 10, 2013
- Marg, Rob and family. I am so sorry for your loss. Bob was always jolly and lots of fun. He always made you feel welcome whenever you saw him. Memories last forever, and he will always be in your hearts. Please accept our condolences. Rest In Peace Bob. Hugs and Kisses.
- Posted by: June and John Cowan (friend) on: Sep 9, 2013
- Bob will always be remembered by his wonderful smile. He was full of life, and loved life. I'll always remember that wonderful concoction of cologne he made and wore. Smelled great! He'll be greatly missed!
- Posted by: Val Cameron (family) on: Sep 8, 2013
- to Marg and family,
with deepest sympathy on the loss of your
- Posted by: Rosa (aquaintance) on: Sep 8, 2013
- Auntie Margaret, Rob, Kim & Families...We are so deeply sorry for your loss...we are all going to miss uncle very much he was the LIGHT of the party and the HUMOR never stopped with him he was never at a loss for funny words...I smile when i think of him but can't think too long or the tears roll...uncle always made me and my family feel loved and i couldn't ask for anything more as he FILLED my life with HAPPINESS... R.I.P. uncle and until we meet again I will hold you in my heart FOREVER...I LOVE YOU! (((HUGS))) aunty, kim, Rob and families.
- Posted by: Denise Malvern/Joba Zechel (neice) on: Sep 8, 2013
- So very sorry to hear of Bob's passing. My sincere sympathies to his family. Bob was most of the most memorable patrons at Alfie's restaurant for many years. It was a pleasure to have known him.
- Posted by: Brendice Price (aquaintance) on: Sep 7, 2013
- I worked with bob for 14 years at macdon ind. he was a great person to work for and had a good sense of humor. he'll be missed
- Posted by: jeff sewell (worked for bob) on: Sep 7, 2013
- I will remember how he always made you feel like someone special - always gave a big hug and gave you a "hello doll". Laughter was always there with Uncle Robert. I knew I asked the right person when I asked him to give the toast to the bride at our wedding many years ago. He will always be in my heart and I will miss him deeply.
- Posted by: Debbie Rolfe (niece) on: Sep 7, 2013
- Auntie Magret, Rob, Kim & Families...We are deeply sorry for your loss. We can only now reflect back on on the wonderful memories. And Yes there are lots. It seems every time we got together for good times or bad Uncle Robert "could" put a smile on your face. R.I.P. Uncle...Hugs to the family..
- Posted by: Randy, Carol & Family (Nephew) on: Sep 7, 2013
- I will always remember and never forget every time Uncle Rob and I would see each other when one of us would walk into a room. Before we would even shake hands, we would stand up, look at each other, point, trace our hands around our waists like we had on the world championship belt. Then he would put up his fist and point at me and say .....You Going Down. Then there would be that unforgettable laugh and we shake hands. Uncle Rob you where always and forever will be the CHAMP in my heart.
- Posted by: Dave Karpick (Nephew) on: Sep 7, 2013
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.