AA larger | smaller
KLAUS PETER UDO HOCHHEIM It is with great sadness that we announce the tragic passing of Klaus Peter Udo Hochheim on Monday, September 9, 2013 at the age of 55. He is survived by his loving wife, Martha (Buller), son Carl (Marcelle), daughters Laura and Kerstin, grandchildren Elizabeth and Stella; parents Peter and Hannelore, and brothers Frieder (Grace), Volker (Monika). He will be affectionately missed by mother-in-law Maria Buller, brother-in-law Cornelius (Vernelle) Buller, sisters-in-law Ruth (Vic) Thielmann, Karen (Walter) Enns, and numerous nieces and nephews. He will be lovingly remembered as an enthusiastic, fun loving, intellectual, adventurous, insightful father, grandfather, brother, uncle, and husband. Klaus will be fondly missed as a colleague and friend to many. Funeral service will be held Friday, September 20 at 10:30 a.m. at North Kildonan Mennonite Brethren Church, 1315 Gateway Road, with interment to follow in Transcona Cemetery. Donations in Klaus' memory may be made towards a trust fund for education for his grandchildren, or to Mennonite Central Committee, available at the service. Friends Funeral Service 204-339-5555
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on September 18, 2013
Guest Book(16 entries)
- Even though it has been many years since I last saw Klaus I will have fond memories of him when we were neighbours as kids growing up. My parents and I offer our deepest sympathies to his family and his parents.
- Posted by: Martin Thieringer (Former neighbour) on: Oct 1, 2013
- Martha, I am so very sorry to hear about Klaus' passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May your faith and memories bring comfort and peace.
- Posted by: Agnes (Bakker) Pieracci (Martha's friend from Briercrest) on: Sep 25, 2013
- Martha, please accept our deepest condolences on your loss.
- Posted by: Hal & Lynda Buller (Cousin) on: Sep 20, 2013
- I am blessed to have met Klaus in the summer of 1976 but deeply regret that the accident has turned it to be the last time I saw him. His photo reminds me of the grin of this optimistic and fine lad who, unknown to me till recently, became a specialized scientist and carried out his research mission in the high Arctic. I would like to extend my condolences to the Hochheim family.
- Posted by: Noel Leung (Classmate of Frieder from Hong Kong) on: Sep 20, 2013
- When I think of Klaus, I think of his grin. It was infectious and real and warm. I am so so sorry for such a tragic end to his life. We send our love to you, Martha, and to your family.
- Posted by: Art and Kathy Platt (friends from university days) on: Sep 19, 2013
- Frieder I am so sorry to learn of Klaus.
- Posted by: Garry Hiebert (School friend of Frieder) on: Sep 19, 2013
- May sincere condolences go out to all the Hochheim family. I never knew your Dad Laura but just from knowing you,I know he must have been a great guy! My prayers for God's blessing of strength and peace go out to you and all of your famly during this very difficult time.
- Posted by: Sally Young (friend of daughter Lauras) on: Sep 19, 2013
- Martha and Family, We express our deepest sympathy to you in the loss of your husband and father. I remember meeting you recently as Eric did some work on your son's home. We are praying for you and your family in this difficult time. May God be so very close to you and lift you up.
- Posted by: Hilda and Eric Wyenberg (acquaintance ) on: Sep 19, 2013
- Martha, I haven't stopped praying for you and your family since being stunned by the tragic news.
- Posted by: Karin Pauls (old acquaintance) on: Sep 19, 2013
- Martha - I so well remember the day in typing class (River East) that you smilingly told me you were dating Klaus. You must now journey on without him. I'm praying for you and your family that God will fill you with a deep peace in the difficult days that lie ahead.
- Posted by: Arlene Rempel (High school friend of Martha) on: Sep 19, 2013
- Klaus, Volker, and I (Dan) grew up together in North Kildonan. Together we were as inseparable as the Three Musketeers. We learned how to ride our bikes together, built tree and snow forts, snared a squirrel or two, built go-karts from salvaged wood, wheels, screws, bolts, and nails. As we grew older, married, had families and pursued careers, we saw less of each other - but our infrequent contact cannot diminish the memories of our formative years. I am grateful that we met up again over Christmas break, 2012. I grieve together with Klaus' whole family. - dan
- Posted by: Dan Dyck (Lifelong friend) on: Sep 18, 2013
- We worked with Klaus while he worked for the Canadian Wheat Board and we always enjoyed his visits to our office. He was a real nice person and we send our sincere sympathies to his entire family.
- Posted by: Gerry Lux and Patricia Hurlburt (Work Colleagues) on: Sep 18, 2013
- We are very saddened to hear of the untimely and tragic loss of your brother. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your families at this very difficult time.
- Posted by: George and Linda Nykulaik (Friends of Volker and Monika Hochheim) on: Sep 18, 2013
- I was very sorry to hear of Klaus' death. I have many memories of the fun times we had in our twenties.
- Posted by: Linda Badke (a friend from the early 80s) on: Sep 18, 2013
- We will miss our dear friend Klaus and his kind, gentle spirit. We feel grateful that our paths connected during your years in Ottawa. Knowing he is with Jesus and that we will see him again is the source of our hope. Sending our love and prayers to Martha and family.
- Posted by: Nancy & Rob DeKelver (friends) on: Sep 18, 2013
- Martha and family, most sincerest condolences on your immense loss. I recall chats with Klaus during his time at Vic's office. A highly intelligent guy with passionate dedication and commitment to his family, beliefs and career.
- Posted by: Brenda Jones (Kopansky) (former schoolmate of Martha) on: Sep 18, 2013
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.