AA larger | smaller
JOSE DA COSTA
JOSE FRANCISCO DA COSTA April 22, 1964 - November 24, 2013 It is with great sadness we announce the passing of Jose (Joe), our son and brother. Born in Winnipeg, he leaves to mourn, his mother Maria Otilia and brother Adelino. He was predeceased by his father Jose Maximo in 2012. Joe had many relatives in Winnipeg and Toronto. Joe worked at the Health Sciences Centre for over 30 years and recently retired due to illness. He loved to travel and was a very loving, caring, friendly and outgoing person. He will be greatly missed. Prayers will be held on Tuesday, December 3 at 8:00 p.m. at Cropo Funeral Chapel, 1442 Main St. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Wednesday, December 4 at 10:00 a.m. at Immaculate Conception Roman Catholic Church, 181 Austin St. N. with Rev. Fr. A. Lico officiating. Interment at Assumption Cemetery. Cropo Funeral Chapel, 204-586-8044
Publish Date: Dec 2, 2013
JOSE FRANCISCO DA COSTA April 22, 1964 - November 24, 2013 It is with great sadness we announce the passing of Jose (Joe), our son and brother. Complete obituary in Monday's edition. Cropo Funeral Chapel 204-586-8044
Publish Date: Nov 30, 2013
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on December 02, 2013
Guest Book(8 entries)
- Was sad to hear of your passing but I do also remember our memories going to school and even as we got older we always talked about the days living on Bannatyne. You will be missed.
- Posted by: Denis (Friend) on: Dec 8, 2013
- I was deeply saddened to hear about the passing of Joe whom I worked with back in the late 80's and 90's. I last saw Joe on a few occasions a couple of years ago and we shared many laughs about the great times we had back at in our HSC days. I recall running into Joe while I was working in Selkirk about 7 years ago. We were both at the same gas station filling up our cars and all I heard was a familiar voice that yelled over to me "eeeeee stiff, let's get off". I instantly knew that voice and slowly turned with a big grin and Joe ran at keep and gave me a big hug. Thanks Joe for your friendship over the years and the many fun times you brought to my life. Enjoy your journey to heaven and my thoughts and prayers go out to your family, friends and those whose lives you touched!
- Posted by: David (Friend and former co-worker) on: Dec 5, 2013
- Well dear friend, your time has come, I didn't think so suddenly. I can always remember your laugh, it was contagious. I was with you my friend 2 weeks earlier, we had a ball at Pony Corrals. I will dearly miss you Joe, you will always be my friend. Rest in Peace my brother.
- Posted by: Chanaka Wijewardana (friend) on: Dec 4, 2013
- OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. OUR DEEPEST CONDOLENCES
- Posted by: ROBERTO & ESTRELA SPERANZA-----JOSE & ARMENIA PEREIRA (FRIENDS OF FAMILY) on: Dec 3, 2013
- REST IN PEACE
- Posted by: etelvina demelo (cousin) on: Dec 3, 2013
- My time with Joe was like a roller coaster. There were ups and there were downs, but all in all, it was one heck of a ride! I will hold the memories of our time together - our travels, our weekends out, our time fishing and at the cabin - very close to my heart for all of my days. I'll be missing you, my Joe!
... your Ro
- Posted by: RO (Friend) on: Dec 2, 2013
- Oh Joe, my heart is broken knowing you're gone. It's truly shocking. I can't seem to shake the sadness I'm feeling. I remember our Trip to Kelowna like it was yesterday, it was the best trip I've been on because it was with you. I miss your laugh and your beautiful smile. Every time I saw you smile my heart would melt. Remember we used to call ourselves Barbie and Ken? We had so many good times. I'm so sorry you're gone... My daughter Mercedes and I held each other and had a good cry reminiscing all the good times we shared with you, she's 14 now. You would be so proud of her. I have your Boney M Christmas CD I play it every Christmas and think of you. My heart is so sad for your mom and brother, this is truly heartbreaking. I think of you often I will always love you Joe... Till we meet again...xoxo
- Posted by: Jadanna Holloway (Ex Girlfriend) on: Dec 2, 2013
- Jerry and I got to know Joe very well in the last year. He was with Jerry all the time. They laughed and ate together almost every day. They became very good friends. He spent his last Christmas night at our place. I can sit here and think back to how he always made us laugh. It will be a sad Christmas not having him here this year. Our condolences go out to his mother and brother. He talked about you them a lot. Joe you will always be our hearts, it is with great sadness we say goodbye until we meet again. Love Jerry and Sharon Tummillo
- Posted by: Sharon and Jerry Tummillo (friends) on: Nov 30, 2013
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.