- Winnipeg Free Press Passages
- All Titles
Notices are posted by 10 am Monday through Saturday
SHELAGH MILLER (CRONE)
Date of Passing: Oct 25, 2022Send Flowers to the Family Offer Condolences or Memory
Peacefully on October 25, 2022, Shelagh returned to the arms of her beloved husband Robert James Miller. Over their 60 years of marriage Shelagh and Bob enjoyed travelling, the farm life, and most of all spending time with their family.
Shelagh leaves behind three children Lee Garfinkel (Harvey), Linda Miller (Dave) and John Miller (Liz); seven grandchildren, Aidan Pauls, Angus Pauls (Shannon), Colin Miller, Maddie Miller, Alex Garfinkel, Ava Garfinkel, and Max Garfinkel; and two great grandchildren, Olivia Crampton and Caoimhe Pauls. She will also be missed by her sister Norma Harrs of Toronto and brother John Crone of Victoria.
She started her life in Belfast Northern Ireland and immigrated to Canada in 1954. She was a talented artist who sold her work all over the world, including a painting to the Museum of Civilization in Ottawa. She was an amazing mother and grandmother.
Our Mother Is The Reason That..
- Dogs are not Lad or Lassie, but Henry or Fred
- "Not normal" is "an anomaly"; while other people have thoughts, we have "epiphanies"; "a lot" is a "plethora".... and good words are our favorite toys
- When we picked the "right" restaurant...it was not "her idea" to pick that restaurant, but "she was pivotal in the choice of restaurant"
- We need to phrase everything in the Irish way: "careful. . you could take your eye out with that thing" (worst case scenario parenting)
- We can darn socks, can tomatoes, plant a garden, start an argument, finish an argument, and be right most of the time
- We realize that appearances are important but not everything
- It's important to show up
- You don't have to catch the ball... just look like you could if it came your way
- Family should always have each others' back.
In lieu of flowers, donations if desired, may be made to the Canadian Diabetes Association.
A Celebration of Life will be held at a later date.
MacKenzie Funeral Home
As published in Winnipeg Free Press on Oct 29, 2022
Sign up for free email alerts of new obituaries for specific people, towns & more.