Advanced Search:

Regular Search
❮ Go Back to Listings


Born: Jul 21, 1910

Date of Passing: May 30, 2000

Send Flowers to the Family Offer Condolences or Memory

Adjust Text Size: A+ A-

HENRY CHARLES MORGAN July 21, 1910 - May 30, 2000 Peacefully, Henry passed away with his family at his side on May 30, 2000. Henry will be sadly missed by his brother Pred (Edith) his sisters, Lene (George) and Myrtle. His daughters, Shirley Schwark (Jim), Rosa Halabiski (Bob) sons, Gary, David (Louise), Terry and Dennis (Kathleen). Also grieving his loss are several grandchildren, great-grandchildren, great great-grandchildren and countless nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. He was predeceased by Catherine, his wife of 64 years, on April 19, 2000; sons, Patrick, 16 months on December 31, 1950; Donald on April 15, 1991 and both parents. Henry loved cars, music, dancing, checkers and demolition derbies. Henry worked at the Union Stock Yards from the time he was a boy of 14 until he retired. He always had a second sideline. He sold cattle in the evenings, ran a mink ranch for Mr. Flannigan for several years. He operated a snack bar at the Viking Ski Club for many years with his young daughter Shirley by his side. Henry bought a dance hall in Anola where he held dances, movies, made it into a pool hall and finally an auto wrecking. His sons and their friends were out in Anola all the time fooling with cars. Catherine and Henry bought a family home at 529 Guilbault St. in 1944. Henry and the boys were always fixing or wrecking cars. They stored the parts in Anola, his son Don knew what make and model car every part came from. The city expropriated the home in 1977 and they moved to Clarke St. It was never the same for him as he didnt see the boys and their friends working on cars anymore. Henry developed Diabetes and then Alzheimers and eventually went to stay at Riverview Health Centre. Catherine was not well for the last three years, and their daughter Rosa made sure she always had a ride to see Henry. Catherine and Henry missed one another very much and became sweethearts again during Catherines many visits. Henry had a lot of memories and was very alert most days. When Catherine passed away Henry decided that he did not want to be here anymore and refused to eat or drink. The family has agreed that Catherine called for him and he decided to join her in Gods hands. We are sure that they are now dancing the polka through the clouds and looking down on us from Heaven. The family would like to thank the staff at Riverview Health Centre for all of the care and kindness he received in their care. He was a patient there for two and one half years. Pat Yamada, nurses, and all other staff members were exceptional caregivers. He had a special bond with too many of the staff to name them. Henry always loved to look at pretty girls and he enjoyed their kindness to the fullest. His grandson Bobbie was always there for him as a staff member and friend. They had a special bond even though he always called Bobbie, Dennis or David. Flowers are gratefully declined. If you wish, donations can be made to diabetes or Alzheimer. Cremation has taken place. A memorial service will be held at the St. Vital United Church, 937 St. Marys Rd. on June 2 at 1:30 p.m.

As published in Winnipeg Free Press on Jun 02, 2000

❮ Go Back to Listings