AA larger | smaller
THERESE FONTAINE (nee BERTHELETTE) On the morning of June 9, 2012, Mom peacefully left us to rejoin her husband on the auspicious date of their wedding anniversary. Therese was predeceased by her husband Hugues Fontaine, two granddaughters, Lisa and Dana Cenerini, siblings Romeo, Adrienne, Armand and Marina, and leaves behind her children Denis Fontaine (Gisele) and Suzanne Cenerini (Gil), grandchildren Christian Fontaine (Jennifer Matwee) and Chantal Wieler (Wes), great-grandchildren Jabez, Julia, Michael and siblings Alice, Flore, Marcel, Richard (Bernadette), Yvette, Eveline (David), Aurele (Carrie), Claude and Paulette. Mom had many qualities, the biggest being her generosity. You could always count on a warm greeting, and a hot bowl of homemade vegetable soup. A special thanks to Mom's brothers and sisters for their many visits, also the staff of 4 ABC at Action Marguerite (Tache Centre) for their care. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Children's Wish Foundation in Mom's memory. In keeping with Therese's wishes, cremation has taken place, and a funeral mass celebrating her life will be held on Thursday, June 14, 2012 at 10:30 a.m. in the Precieux Sang Church, 200 Kenny Street. The Coutu family in care of arrangements: E.J. COUTU CO. FUNERAL DIRECTORS 680 Archibald Street 253-5086 ejcoutu.com
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 12, 2012
Guest Book(7 entries)
- Vous allez nous manquer énormément, Mme Fontaine. Je pense souvent à toi! xox
- Posted by: Miranda Nault (Friend) on: Jun 20, 2012
- Pierre and I will miss you very much! We always felt welcome and always had a great lunch ready for us. You were there when I needed you, I love you Matante. Our thoughts are with you and your family, Denis and Suzanne.
- Posted by: Mona Tetrault (niece) on: Jun 14, 2012
- We will forever cherish the memories of your mom's warmth and hospitality. She touched our hearts in a special way with her humour and generosity. She will never be forgotten.
- Posted by: Gilbert Deforel (Family Friend) on: Jun 14, 2012
- Our thoughts are with your family today. Much love to all.
Andrea, Tim and Heather xo
- Posted by: Andrea an Tim Stuart and family (friend and neighbour) on: Jun 14, 2012
- Denis and family,
my sincere sympathy to you all. I worked with your mom many many years ago at St. Boniface Hospital. She was always such a wonderful lady to work with. She was encouraging and always smiling. Such a big loss to all of you. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
Paulette ( Lepage) Morrison
- Posted by: Paulette morrison (former co-worker and former class-mate of son Denis) on: Jun 13, 2012
- Had many a crib game with your mother & Ardith---she was a wonderful person---
lots of laughs--visits & story telling
our sincere sympathies Suzanne & Denis &
- Posted by: Jeanette & Pete from Eifel Tower A Goulet on: Jun 12, 2012
- Mme Fontaine was a woman you could meet anywhere and she always had open arms. She was a good listener and was a super person. Everyone should wish for a mother like her.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Denis and Suzanne.
Gary and Jeanne
- Posted by: Jeanne Grieve (nee) Deforel (Friend) on: Jun 12, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.