AA larger | smaller
LORRAINE REESBY Peacefully on Sunday, June 10, 2012, with her family by her side, Lorraine left this world for a better one. Lorraine was born on October 9, 1940 in Gladstone, Manitoba. Her first ten years were spent on the family farm where she attended a one room school house. The rest of her education was completed in Gladstone. At the age of 18 she moved to Winnipeg where she lived the rest of her life. She met her husband Bert at Engineering and Plumbing Supplies, (Westburn, now Wolsely Supplies) where they both were employed. She is predeceased by her father and mother Percy and Vie Clayton, and her sister Louise. She is survived by her loving family, husband Bert and children Douglas and Christine both of Winnipeg. Also her sister Ceone and brother-in-law Steve of Brandon and four nephews and one niece. Lorraine tried her hand at many hobbies: oil painting, needle point, sewing, gardening, curling and reading, next to shopping these were her favourites. She loved to travel with family and friends and some of her favourite places were Hawaii, Mexico, Phoenix, Florida and Palm Springs. She really enjoyed cruising which she referred to as a five star floating restaurant because she enjoyed the food so much. We had a cottage at Victoria Beach and Bird River, these were wonderful years of great summers for the children and ourselves. We would like to thank the wonderful doctors and nurses that helped us along the way, you were the best . All in all her life was a full and happy one; but not nearly long enough. Funeral services will be held 2:00 p.m. on Friday, June 15, 2012 at Thomson In the Park Funeral Home, 1291 McGillivray Boulevard. If desired donations can be made to Siloam Mission, 300 Princess St., Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 1M3; CancerCare Manitoba, 675 McDermot Avenue, Rm. ON 1160, Winnipeg, MB R3E 0V9. THOMSON IN THE PARK 925-1120 Condolences may be sent to www.thomsoninthepark.com
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 12, 2012
Guest Book(14 entries)
- My sincerest condolences, thoughts and prayers to you and your family. May each day bring you comfort in knowing that there is no more pain and suffering and that she is now at rest and looking over all the people she touched and loved and cherished. Keep strong during this difficult time. God bless... Hugs
- Posted by: Priscilla s Pereira (friend) on: Jun 24, 2012
- I am sorry to hear of Lorraine's passing. I will always remember her big smile, her love for her family, and the way she welcomed all of Doug's friends.
- Posted by: Ken Fryatt (Family friend) on: Jun 18, 2012
- I knew Lorraine since I was a little girl. I remember having my first take out pizza with her and playing dominoes. We will miss you Lorraine. My condolences go out to the family. Love you Lorraine
- Posted by: janine gagne (neighbour) on: Jun 17, 2012
- Our sincere condolences to you and your family, in the loss of your dear mother. I know this is a very difficult time for you but try and focus on the good memories you have shared with her. I will always treasure our friendship! Take care and will always be here for you.
Sincerely Shirley & terry xxoxox
- Posted by: Shirley McRae (good friend) on: Jun 15, 2012
- I WOULD LIKE TO EXPRESS MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY
TO BERT & HIS FAMILY THEY ARE IN MY PRAYERS
- Posted by: BARB LOBCHUK (FRIEND FROM HUSBAND WORK) on: Jun 14, 2012
- My condolences Chris on your loss. Your Mother will always live on in your heart.
- Posted by: Marguerite Bell Toogood (Former Co-Worker) on: Jun 14, 2012
- My sincere thoughts to Bert, Christine, and Doug at this time of loss. I was blessed to have known Lorraine over the past three years and will cherish the time we spent together. These wonderful memories will forever remain.
- Posted by: Peter Scavarelli (Partner of Christine) on: Jun 13, 2012
- Our deepest sympathy to Bert, Christine, Doug and the rest of her family. Our prayers are with you at this time.
- Posted by: Earl & Audrey Clayton, and Family. (Cousins) on: Jun 13, 2012
- I'm deeply saddened by this news. Lorraine was such a wonderful and bright person. She was always cheerful and had a great outlook on life. Memories of Lorraine were at Bird River where their cottage was just down the road from ours. Bert and Lorraine were great neighbors and friends. My condolences go to Bert and Christine. My thoughts are with both of you at this time of loss.
- Posted by: Matthew Skrepnek (Grandson of Joyce and Doug Webber) on: Jun 13, 2012
I am so sorry for your loss. I am deeply moved by how you took such great care of your mother (and father) during this period. Stuart and I send our sympathies. Our thoughts are with you .. sorry for your loss.
Heather & Stuart
McSherry Auction Service
- Posted by: Heather Doroschuk-McSherry (Friend of Christine) on: Jun 13, 2012
- Tribute to Christine who is such a loving
daughter. Our thoughts are with you Chris, Bert and Doug and other family members.
I never met Lorraine but I always felt I knew her because of her lovely daughter.
- Posted by: Anita McFarlane and Mike Romanyshyn (Friends of Christine ) on: Jun 13, 2012
- Our deepest sympathy to Bert, Christine, Doug and all the rest of her family. Our thoughts are with you.
Molly & John
- Posted by: Molly & John Stanviloff on: Jun 12, 2012
- Sorry for your loss, you were a great daughter.
- Posted by: Ken Glitnak (Friend of Friend) on: Jun 12, 2012
- To my Dear Friend
For over 60 years we have enjoyed each other's company and created many great memories, I shall cherish them always. I will miss our luncheons and conversations.
Until we meet again.
- Posted by: Diane Gallant (friend) on: Jun 12, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.