AA larger | smaller
FE MARIA MADOLORA On June 11, 2012 at the Health Sciences Centre, after many years battling cancer, Fe went peacefully to Our Lord's care. Fe was predeceased by her parents Norberto and Eusebia, brothers Lorenzo, Silvestre and Zosimo, and sister Consolacion (Lumanlan). Fe is survived by her sisters Maria Concepcion (Yndai), Maria Dolores (Maridol) and Brian Moore, and brother Jose Maria (Pepito). Fe is also survived by her adoptive mother Del McDougall (Ian), and a large extended family in the Philippines, UK, Switzerland, and North America. She took her B. Ed at the University of the East, and the University of Manitoba. Fe loved music, poetry, travel, gardening, horses and dogs. Fe loved life, had many friends, was generous to a fault, and practiced her true Catholic faith throughout her life. Fe will be greatly missed by her family and friends, in the Warren and Woodlands communities, her life-long friends from Don Bosco School, and many more. Funeral services will be held at Glen Eden, 4477 Main St. on Saturday, June 16 at 11:00 a.m. Glen Eden Funeral Home 338-7111 www.gleneden-mb.ca
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 14, 2012
Guest Book(5 entries)
- Fe was the beam of sunshine to warm a soul on a cold winter day. She was such a graceful soldier with quiet, unshakeable strength through this miserable battle. I am honored to have known Fe, to witness such bravery and love of life, and to have shared love of dogs and horses with her. I will miss her terribly and hope for gentle healing for her family. Thank you, Fe.
- Posted by: Hailie Emms (Dog Groomer, Friend) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Miss Madolora was my Grade 1 teacher in Lundar. I always remember her as a gentle and kind woman who cared greatly for her students.
I often think about her neat printing on the blackboard while she was teaching us the building blocks of our education.
Thank you for everything you gave me and so many other people during your time with us. You will be missed!
- Posted by: Lindy Bonn (nee Roberts) (Former Student) on: Jun 18, 2012
- I taught with Fe in Lundar. She taught my children. My children remember her as a great teacher. She will be missed.
- Posted by: robert elcock (fellow teacher) on: Jun 16, 2012
- I taught with Fe in Lundar in the 1980's. I remember her well. She was a quiet person, caring teacher and faithful Christian. My sympathy to her family.
- Posted by: Marlene Kuehl (Ottawa ON) on: Jun 14, 2012
- I was saddened to hear the news. Fe was a kind and gentle person who encouraged and supported my love of horses. She will be greatly missed by the boys and myself. My heart breaks for you Del. I know what an incredible bond you and Fe had. A mother and daughter could not have been closer. Much love and strength to you Del. Till we meet again Fe.
- Posted by: Cheryl (Neigbour & Friend) on: Jun 14, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.