AA larger | smaller
ROBERT (BOB) HEROUX November 11, 1947 June 14, 2012 We the family of Robert Heroux, are sad to announce the passing of our son, father and grandfather on Thursday, June 14, 2012 at the age of 64. He is survived by his parents Henry and Irene, his children Michelle (Bill) Munroe and Ryan (Dana) Heroux; grandchildren Taylor and Preslee and close cousins and friends. A Graveside Service will be held on Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. at Glen Eden Memorial Gardens, 4477 Main Street. Please meet at the funeral home at 9:45 a.m. A Heart of Gold A heart of gold stopped beating Working hands at rest, God broke our hearts to prove to us He only takes the best. Leaves and flowers may wither, The golden sun may set But the hearts that loved you dearly Are the ones that won't forget. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to a charity of one's choice. Glen Eden Funeral Home 338-7111 www.gleneden-mb.ca
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 16, 2012
Guest Book(11 entries)
- Worked with Bob at the shop when I started in 1979 as a bus driver and then I moved on as a custodian, we had many a happy conversation and lots of laughs. Even after I was working in schools Bob would come visit me when he could even for that few moments, and he was sure to stop and say hi when we would see each out on the street. Long after he had stopped working at Seven Oaks he never forgot his friends. I will miss you Bob, rest in peace, the world and even life can be cruel, you're in a better place now my friend. I will see you again at the coffee table.
Condolences to the family.
from John Pirrie and family.
- Posted by: John.Pirrie (work mate and friend.) on: Jun 20, 2012
- Bob was one of my closest and dearest friends. Always a friendly word and smile. Always supportive and caring. I will never forget how he touched my life. I only pray that he is in a better place and at peace. You will be forever loved and missed.
- Posted by: Christina Goodridge (friend) on: Jun 20, 2012
- Wow taken so soon, I worked with Bob and knew him for over 30 years. Prayers and thoughts from my family to yours. May you rest in peace my friend. We had spoken a few months ago, who was to think that would be our last conversation.
John and Family
- Posted by: John Pirrie (Friend) on: Jun 19, 2012
- I was very sad to hear about Bob's passing. My heart and sympathy goes out to Irene and Henry and to Michelle and her family. Many good memories are going around in my mind of our teenage and young adult years. Barry sends his sympathy as well.
- Posted by: Sheila Kozak (Bewick/Cadman) (Friend from many years ago) on: Jun 18, 2012
- We were VERY saddened to learn of Bob's passing. Our thoughts are with Bob's parents, children & grandchildren. We are flooded with wonderful memories of school, hot cars, street hockey, weddings, births, get-togethers to play cards, kids growing up together & becoming friends. You WILL be missed Bob. Rest in peace dear friend.
- Posted by: Rod & Lesley Hazlehurst (Long time friends) on: Jun 18, 2012
- DOUG AND I WILL ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL TO KNOW BOB AND SHARE MEMORIES. ON A TRIP WHEN WE WERE CHILDREN I SOMEHOW GOT LEFT BEHIND IN A SMALL TOWN. BOBBY NOTICED I WAS MISSING AND IT DIDN'T TAKE LONG FOR THE CAR AND OCCUPENTS TO RETURN AND RESCUE ME OFF THE STREET. I HAVE MANY FOND MEMORIES OF THE TRIPS WE SHARED TO MONTANA WITH OUR FAMILIES. I AND MY FRIENDS ATTENDED MANY DANCES AT THE JEFFERSON SCHOOL AND WE ALWAYS ENJOYED SEEING BOB AND HIS BUDS. WILL MISS YOU AND PRAY FOR YOU. PAT & DOUG
- Posted by: Pat Richter Chibry (/cousin) on: Jun 17, 2012
- I worked with Bob at Seven Oaks School Division. He was a kind man and we had many moments of laughter. Rest in Peace Bob and my condolences to the family.
- Posted by: Hayley Oleksuk (Friend) on: Jun 17, 2012
- Bob gave me my first opportunity to sub regularly in transportation in Seven Oaks School Division and I am now a permanent employee. No one could match his ability to know every house, every stop, every street, every landmark in the division. He was never lost. He will be missed.
- Posted by: Val Surbey (Friend) on: Jun 16, 2012
- Bob was a good childhood friend. We spent many, many hours together at the rink and in the Heroux Kilbride house playing games and just hanging out.
Adele and I were very sad to hear of Bob's passing and extend our heart felt condolences to Irene and Henry and to his children and grandchildren.
We will be making a donation to Cerebral Palsy in Bob's name.
- Posted by: Wally and Adele Ciastko (Long time friends ) on: Jun 16, 2012
- My dad worked with Bob at the Seven Oaks School District. I am so sorry for your loss. Another good one taken too early.
- Posted by: Gail van Reede (nee Gregory) on: Jun 16, 2012
- Bob was part of my life from early childhood and I am left with years of fond memories while growing up and having a fabulous friend.
- Posted by: Bob Kirkpatrick (Long time friend) on: Jun 16, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.