AA larger | smaller
PAUL LEMIEUX Peacefully on Saturday, June 9, 2012 at Riverview Health Centre, we announce the passing of Paul, with his family by his side, at the age of 72. Paul will be lovingly remembered by his wife Barbara, of 49 years, children Paul, Michelle (Edward), Gregory, Jason (Lori), grandchildren Nicholas, Brittany, Matthew, Kenneth, Lanaya and Julian. He was predeceased by his mother Alma (nee Thibeault) in 1973 and his father Lucien Lemieux August 25, 2003 and Baby Brandon on March 16, 1998. Paul fought a long and hard battle with cancer. Never did he complain or let it cloud his focus. Paul was a wonderful husband, father, and grandfather. He worked hard for his Family. In keeping with Paul's wishes, cremation has taken place and a private family interment will be held. In lieu of flowers, donations in Paul's memory may be made to CancerCare Manitoba, 675 McDermot Avenue, Rm. ON 1160, Winnipeg, MB R3E 0V9. A special thank you to the nurses and doctors at CancerCare Manitoba for their continued support through Paul's illness and the Palliative Care nurses and doctors as well. Thanks also to family and friends for their kindness and support. We miss you Dad, Granpapa and we love you more than you know. THOMSON IN THE PARK 925-1120 Condolences may be sent to www.thomsoninthepark.com
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 16, 2012
Guest Book(4 entries)
- I am writng another tribute as not sure if I wrote on the right guest book.
I remember Paul as being a real gentleman - one thing that was outstanding for me about Paul was his yellow corvette he had and took me for a ride in it around the block (I felt like a celebrity riding in it) and never rode in one before. He laughed when I said I was so pleased for the ride - great friend.
- Posted by: Vi Barker (Friend) on: Jul 7, 2012
- My sincere condolences to all of you ... I was a child when I first met the Lemieux's on Magnacca Crescent in Brandon. I remember seeing Paul for the first time and thinking he looked like Paul Anka and could it be possible he was using an alias to keep his home address secret? Everything about Paul and the family was classy... Barb always looked like a movie star with her hair done so pretty! Isn't it funny what you remember as a child? One thing was certain, Paul always had a smile on his face and a kind word to say. Magnacca crescent had a grand ambassador at the helm of the street!
To Paul, Michelle, Gregory and Jason... it is a strange feeling to wake up one morning knowing your father is physically no longer with you but believe me, you will feel his presence in precious moments in the days to come. He joins my Dad (who left 2 years ago in June) and although the distance seems far, he will continue to watch over you and protect you till the end of time. Hugs and blessings to you all... Valerie
- Posted by: Valerie Barker (neighbour ) on: Jul 4, 2012
- We were very sorry to hear the news of Greg's Father's passing. We know how much Greg loved his Dad and today being Father's Day must be especially difficult for Greg and his Family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Greg.
- Posted by: Harvey Sim and Diane Martin (Good Friends and close neighbours) on: Jun 17, 2012
- We were neighbours and friends in Winnipeg. Paul always had a smile on his face and was fun to be with. He loved his family dearly. Barb, Paul, Michelle, Greg and Jason were so very important to Paul. Barb, we would love to get in touch with you. Take care, god bless
- Posted by: Janis and Terry Gibson (previous friends and neighbours) on: Jun 16, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.