AA larger | smaller
MYRNA RUTH MAJANO-CARBALLO April 30, 1950 - June 15, 2012 Loving giver, vibrant spirit, gave life her all! No language can express the strength, selfless love, and heroism of Myrna Ruth Majano Carballo. Myrna's vibrant spirit radiated positivity, her heart flowed with love, and her happiness warmed the room. Myrna chose Frank Sinatra's My Way to represent her life during her final moments surrounded by her daughters and friends. The Dominguez Majano family announces Myrna's peaceful passing on Friday, June 15, 2012 at the age of 62 years. Myrna is lovingly remembered by her three children Mirna Ligia, Florence Monica B, and Katya Fiorella, as well by her son-in-law Nathan and her three grandchildren Andres, Natasha and Devon. Myrna predeceased her parents Ana and Miguel. In addition, Myrna is fondly remembered by her siblings Miguel, Maritza and Carlos, and her three nieces, nephew and the rest of her extended family. The Blessed Rosary will be prayed at Mosaic Funeral Chapel on Wednesday, June 20 at 6:30 p.m. followed by prayers at 7:00 p.m. with Father Joe Newman officiating. The Memorial Funeral Mass, will be held on Friday, June 22 at 11:00 a.m., at St. Ignatius Church with Father Joe Newman Celebrant. A private family interment will follow at Assumption Cemetery. A reception for family and friends will be held at St. Ignatius Parish Hall prior to the interment. Family asks those who wish to make donations to do so in memory of Myrna Majano to CancerCare Manitoba Foundation, 1160-675 McDermot Ave., Winnipeg, MB R3E 0V9. For online condolences or to light a memorial candle please log onto www.mosaicfunerals.ca 1839 Inkster Blvd. 275-5555
Publish Date: Jun 19, 2012
MYRNA RUTH MAJANO-CARBALLO Peacefully on Friday, June 15, 2012, at the Riverview Heath Centre, Myrna Majano passed away at the age of 62 years. Rosary will be said on Wednesday June 20 at 6:30 p.m. with Prayers following at 7:00 p.m. in the Mosaic Funeral Chapel, 1839 Inkster Blvd. Mass of the Resurrection will be held on Friday, June 22 at 11:00 a.m. in the St. Ignatius Roman Catholic Church, 255 Stafford Street. Longer obituary notice to follow For online condolences or to light a memorial candle please log onto www.mosaicfunerals.ca 1839 Inkster Blvd. 275-5555
Publish Date: Jun 19, 2012
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 19, 2012
Guest Book(13 entries)
- My heartfelt condolences to you; Mirna, Monica and Katya. Your mother was a special person to many people. May your memories of her give you strength and happiness in the years to come.
- Posted by: Linda Plenert (colleague) on: Jun 26, 2012
- I worked with Myrna at Health Canada for a brief period ten years ago. In that time I had the opportunity to hear some of her amazing life story. I never forgot her wisdom and grace she brought to her work and was pleased to get to know her the small amount I did.
- Posted by: Ron Hebdon (co-worker) on: Jun 22, 2012
- I met Myrna in February 2000, at a face to face meeting amongst colleagues working on hepatitis C at Health Canada. I had the pleasure of collaborating with Myrna from 2000 to 2005/2006. I remember her telling me that when she was preparing to come to Canada, she had wanted to go to Montreal because she thought it would be easier to transition into a french-speaking area. But she didn't regret being in Winnipeg because it is sunny all the time. As a colleague, she was always so thoughtful and smart and strategic. She found collaborations to get the work done and it always got done. When I went to Winnipeg for meetings, Myrna showed such wonderful hospitality and ensured that I saw Winnipeg beyond the office. I had the pleasure of seeing Myrna again in Ottawa when I was on maternity leave with my 3rd child, around 2008-2009. He was enraptured as she spoke to him in Spanish and I'll never forget the kind but firm advice she gave to me - "Please, please, Josie, speak to him in Italian (this is my parents' mother tongue). It is very important that you do this". Rest in peace Myrna, I am the better for having known you.
- Posted by: Josie Sirna (Colleague) on: Jun 22, 2012
- I met Mryna when she first came to Winnipeg. We worked together at Planned Parenthood...over 22 years ago. I will remember Myrna's love of life, energy, and optimism despite the challenges she faced at that time raising three children on her own. Myrna and I lost contact after I left Planned Parenthood. I am deeply saddened to know that such an amazing woman has left us....I hope she knows how much she was loved...my sympathies to her family.
- Posted by: Rumani (Friend/Co-worker) on: Jun 22, 2012
- Myrna was friend so I will miss her very much. I learned so much from her; as a woman I learned to love myself for who I am and to fight for what I want. I will miss her advice, her love, her caring personality, her never complaining even at the end, but most of all I will miss her smile and her happy greeting "Hola Chicas, como estan?"
She fought a long and hard battle. She fought with courage, but at the end God already had a place for my friend and it was time for her to move on. In her last days her life as she knew it; in which she could enjoy the hugs and kisses of her grandson, where she could drive, enjoy the company, love, kisses and hugs of her daughters, was fading. She didn't stop showing her love for her daughters, compassion to others, love for life, and caring for her community that she loved so much.
I have been so honored to be a very close friend. I will miss you Myrna, with all my heart. Your spirit is free and it's time to say goodbye, but I will keep you in my heart as I know you're now in peace and with our All Mighty God. Thank you for your friendship. Until the end, my friend, you lived your life ....your way.
Patti Ortega - Winnipeg June 21, 2012
- Posted by: Patti Ortega (Friend) on: Jun 21, 2012
- Una de las cosas que me fascinaba de Myrna era su sonrisa entre medio de situaciones dificiles siempre tenia una sonrisa. Tengo muy bonitas memorias de ella. Mi oraciones estan con ustedes, Myrna, Monica Y Fiorella.
- Posted by: Angelica Morales Y Gustavo Morales (Amigos) on: Jun 20, 2012
- una de las mujeres que mas e almirando durante mi vida. tuve la oportunidad de conocerla desde mi ninez siempre la almire como la mejor hija, la mejor madre y una excellente amiga. una mujer luchadora que siempre lograban lo que queria con una intelligencia super extraordinaria, con los anos nos tuvimos que separar ella viajo para cadana a buscar un mejor futuro para sus hijas y yo me tuve que ir a los estados unidos. aunque estabamos lejos siempre huvo algo muy especial cada vez que yo estaban triste habia algo escrito en mi email y yo le decia gorda eres mi angel y sin duda alguna era un mujer maravillosa te voy a extranar pero siempre te recordare un esa sonrisa maravillosa. margarita gomez reyes
- Posted by: margarita gomez (una de las personas mas importantes como una hermana mayor ) on: Jun 20, 2012
- May the peace that comes from the memories of love shared comfort you now and in the days ahead. Myrna will be always in our hearts! She has left her legacy, her beautiful daughters which she did an amazing job raising and she was so proud of. I will miss my friend very much. I admired her love for life and positivity under any circumstances. She was a wonderfull, independent, impressive and most of all a complete woman! She was always willing to share her knowledge and experiences to help her friends, community and anybody that needed a helping hand. A loyal friend in the good times and bad times. Myrna has left this world and join our Superior. May you take comfort in knowing an angel is watching over you.
- Posted by: Mary Aguilar-Saler (Friend) on: Jun 20, 2012
- I met Myrna many years ago, when I was a practising Social Worker. Our work intersected in the service to refugees/immigrants. But we also crossed paths in Latin American community activities. We became friends and my respect for her grew very high, as did my esteem of her many gracious personal traits. Myrna was a brilliant woman with a very compassionate heart. Though she had endured many difficult situations, she had an easy-going way about her that was punctuated by a wide and frank smile. And her love for her daughters was always in evidence. I am saddened by Myrna's passing. Tenga un buen viaje amiga. My deepest condolences to her family.
- Posted by: Antonio Portillo (Friend) on: Jun 20, 2012
- It has been a great honor and privilege to have been friends with Myrna. She lived and loved life to the fullest, had a heart of gold, and was a great inspiration to me. I am deeply saddened to hear of Myrna's passing. She will be forever in my heart. My sincere condolences to her three beautiful daughters and extended family.
- Posted by: Charlene Ball (Friend) on: Jun 19, 2012
- QUIERO AGRADECER A LIC. MAJANO POR LOS CONOCIMIENTOS TRASMITIDOS Y LA VALENTIA Y HEROISMO, CON QUE IMPARTIAN SUS CATEDRAS, APAGONES DE LUCES, TIROTEOS, TOMAS, PAROS LA UNIVERDIDAD EN EL EXILIO HASTA UN TERREMOTO, LAS CLASES EN LA AZOTEA DE LA FACULTAD DE DERECHO Y OTROS HECHOS QUE VIVIMOS EN LA COYUNTURA POLITICA DE ESOS ANOS, MIS CONDOLENCIAS DE CORAZON A LA FAMILIA, SU MAMI FUE UNA GRAN PERSONA, CATEDRATICA, LUCHADORA.
- Posted by: MIGUEL LOPEZ MERINO (ESTUDIANTE DE LA LIC. MAJANO 1986-1988 RELACIONES INTERNACIONALES UNIVERSIDAD DE EL SALVADOR) on: Jun 19, 2012
- Myrna was my mentor early on my career. She was full of life and enthusiasm. I still remember her saying "que chivo" and her beautiful smile. My deepest condolences to her three daughters.
- Posted by: Soledad Pomareda (Friend) on: Jun 19, 2012
- Myrna was one of the best people I have ever known. She was a woman of great intelligence and integrity. I learned so much from her from when we worked together at SERC. She taught me everything I know about working effectively with immigrant/refugee communities. She was passionate about people and everyone who knew her loved her. She emanated warmth and respect for all those around her. She was a wonderful co-worker and friend but those closest to her heart were her girls. Everything she did was first and foremost to provide love and security for her daughters. She was courageous and a force to be reckoned with. I loved and admired Myrna and I am privileged to have her in my life. We have lost a real gem. My heart goes out to her family, my condolences from the bottom of my heart. With much love, Kim Bailey
- Posted by: Kim Bailey (Friend) on: Jun 18, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.