AA larger | smaller
HOWARD KENNETH CHAPMAN With deep sadness we announce the peaceful passing of our dear husband and father, Howard Kenneth Chapman on Monday, June 18, 2012, at the age of 85. He will be lovingly remembered by his wife of 59 years, Kathleen Elizabeth (Beth), his children Gordon Chapman (Sandi), Eileen Hepples (Dennis), Allison Wall (Randy), and his grandchildren Maggie Putnam, Riley Wall, Marley Wall, Nigel Wall, and his great-grandson Zack Wall. Dad dedicated his life to service, starting with the Canadian Navy, MTS, and as a Manitoba Commissionaire. He loved his family, friends, golfing, and Hawaii. He was a wonderful father, who always took time for his children and grandchildren and shared their interests. He was a true gentleman and a kind teacher who took great joy in assisting other people to achieve their potential. During the past number of months Dad accepted his difficult struggle with courage and optimism. His sense of grace and dignity that defined him remained present right up to his final breath. Services will be held on Friday, June 22 at 2:00 p.m. at the 17 Wing Community Chapel - 2235 Silver Ave. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to a charity of your choice.
Publish Date: Jun 21, 2012
HOWARD KENNETH CHAPMAN With great sadness we announce the passing of Howard Chapman on June 18, 2012 at 85 years of age. A longer obituary will follow.
Publish Date: Jun 21, 2012
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 21, 2012
Guest Book(7 entries)
- THINKING OF YOU --SO SORRY TO HEAR OF HOWARD'S PASSING--WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER THE FUN TIMES WE HAD IN HAWAII
- Posted by: EMILY OAKLEY (FRIEND) on: Jul 4, 2012
- I am very sad to learn of Ken's passing. It was my honour and privilege to have worked for many years with Ken at Commissionaires, Manitoba, until my retirement. Ken was a true gentleman, who honoured the uniform that he wore and represented himself and the Corps at the highest level possible. It was very common for clients and members of the public to take the time to call the Commissionaire’s office with compliments about the way Ken did his job in a pleasant but professional manner. He will be sadly missed, but fondly remembered. May god bless and comfort his family and friends at this most difficult time.
- Posted by: Wayne Boesch (Co-Worker, Commissionaires, Manitoba.) on: Jun 24, 2012
- Allison, we are sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad. The few times that I have met him he was always hospitable and kind. He had a loving soul.
- Posted by: Barb Comstock and family (friends with the Wall family) on: Jun 21, 2012
- Our sincere condolences to Beth and family. Howard was a true gentleman and will be sadly missed.
- Posted by: Lucy and Gil Macdonald (friend) on: Jun 20, 2012
- Eileen, my sincerest condolences to you and your family at this difficult time. May you be comforted in the knowledge that friends and family are with you in body, mind and spirit. Love, Norma.
- Posted by: Norma Spence (friend) on: Jun 20, 2012
- Eileen, your dad had such a kind heart that when I phoned your parents' house crying one day, your dad felt so bad that he wanted to console me even tho we had never met. Our condolences to you and Dennis, your brother & sister and families, and to your dear sweet Mom. Love Dar and Ian.
- Posted by: Darlene Bremner (Long-time friend of Eileen) on: Jun 19, 2012
- Prayers and thoughts are with the Chapman family. I remember when Howard helped me with a mouse one time. As a thank you I made him peanut better mice cookies. God Bless you Mr. C.
- Posted by: Will, Scelena, Liam and Owen Hyland on: Jun 19, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.