AA larger | smaller
MANUEL CABRAL It is with profound sadness that the family announces the passing of Manuel Cabral on Sunday, June 17, 2012 at Concordia Hospital. He will be greatly missed by his loving wife of nearly 63 years, Maria (Bairos Freitas), his sons, Antonio (Janice), Agostinho (Brenda) and daughter Maria (George Deak). Also surviving him are granddaughters: Lisa and Jennifer (Kelly) Cabral, Erika and Jessica Deak and many other family members in Toronto, the state of Massachusetts and Portugal. He was predeceased by his parents, Jose and Maria, son, Jose, brothers: Jose, Joao, Antonio and Francisco, and sister, Emilia. Manuel was born in the town of Santo Espirito on the island of Santa Maria in the Azores, Portugal on February 27, 1919. He immigrated to Canada in 1957, immediately began working for CN Rail and retired after 26 years of service. He was a very hard worker, a passionate gardener (with one of the largest gardens in the neighbourhood!) and loved baking cookies for all the family to enjoy. He also greatly enjoyed fishing with his sons at every opportunity possible and shared many fishing stories with all of the family. Above all, his biggest love in life was his family. The family wishes to extend their gratitude to all of the staff at Concordia Hospital Palliative Care for the compassionate and gentle care that Manuel received during his stay in the hospital. A private family service is planned. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to CancerCare Manitoba Foundation or to a charity of one's choice. Messages of condolences may be made online at www.ejcoutu.com The Coutu family in care of arrangements: E. J. COUTU CO. FUNERAL DIRECTORS 680 Archibald St. 253-5086
Publish Date: Jun 20, 2012
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 20, 2012
Guest Book(12 entries)
- I would like to extend my deepest sympathy to the family of my Tio Manuel. He was always a joy to be around. May you all find peace at this time.
Love Antonio B Cabral and family (Taunton, MA)
- Posted by: Antonio Cabral (Nephew) on: Jun 25, 2012
- Our heart goes out to you and your family for the great loss of your father. May he rest in peace. Ron, Lil and Heidi
- Posted by: Kozussek family (friends) on: Jun 22, 2012
- Our deepest sympaty to tia Maria and family on the passing of tio Manuel, i remember him always smiling and happy, may he rest in peace, love Maria & Antonino .
- Posted by: Antonino & Maria Eugenia Andrade (niece ) on: Jun 22, 2012
- Manuel was a great person who loved to tease people he liked. I will miss him greatly and remember the fond times when we
fished together. Our prayers and thoughts
are with you all. Love Marc and Shirley
- Posted by: Marc and Shirley Marleau (friends of the family) on: Jun 22, 2012
- Our condolence to Tony and Janice and all the Cabral family on the passing of your father and grandfather, Manuel Cabral. He lived a long good life, be proud in that. Dave and Wendy Rose & family.
- Posted by: Manuel Cabral (brother to daughter-in-law, Janice Cabral) on: Jun 21, 2012
- Tia Maria and family; I will always cherish the opportunity I had to share in his last days. I will remember the jokes, his stories from Santa Maria, and who can forget the singing.
Love you all; my deepest condolences. Tio Manuel will be deeply missed.
Rest in Peace Tio Manuel
- Posted by: Rita Bairos (niece) on: Jun 21, 2012
- Our deepest condolences to my sister, Antonio, Augie and Maria and Family.
We are thinking of all of you at this time.
- Posted by: Luis Bairos & Family (Brother-in-law, nices and nephews) on: Jun 21, 2012
- We are very sorry to hear of the loss of your father and father-in-law. Our deepest condolences to you and your family.
- Posted by: Lana Vitt & Greg Elliott (friends ) on: Jun 21, 2012
- My deepest sympathy to all the family..
- Posted by: Laurinda Resendes (Niece) on: Jun 20, 2012
- Sincerest condolences to Augie and family.
Your father lived a good, long life but I know its never easy to say goodbye.
Take care buddy.
- Posted by: Lynne Moyce (Friend of Augie) on: Jun 20, 2012
- Condolences, on the passing of tio Manuel, to tia Maria and all the family.
May he rest in peace.
- Posted by: Aida &Jose Cabral (Niece) on: Jun 20, 2012
- Please accept our sincere condolences and deepest sympathies for your loss.
Myron and Kerri and Jennie May
- Posted by: myron may (friend) on: Jun 20, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.