AA larger | smaller
LLOYD GEORGE KLASSEN December 7, 1951 - June 29, 2012 Suddenly on June 29, 2012, Lloyd Klassen passed away at the age of 60, beloved husband of Martha (Neudorf), of 36 years, son Michael, and daughter Lana (both of Calgary). He also leaves to mourn his sister Dora Ann (Douglas Stokes) of Louisiana as well as numerous relatives and friends. Lloyd was predeceased by his parents, Mary and Jake Klassen. A Celebration of Lloyd's life will be held on Thursday, July 5, 2012, at 2:00 p.m. at Calvary Temple, 400 Hargrave Street, Winnipeg, with Pastor Bruce Martin officiating. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Calvary Temple's God Zone and Alpha Programs. Arrangements by BIRCHWOOD FUNERAL CHAPEL 1-204-346-1030 OR 1-888-454-1030
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 03, 2012
Guest Book(8 entries)
- Lloyd was our dear friend and brother. Right from when we met in Lorette at church the first time our families connected. We enjoyed many nights of sharing dinners, playing games and laughing. What a special gift for you to have come to see us in the north after we moved and even after all this time living away our friendship never stopped, it grew. Lloyd was closer than a brother, he had a heart so large and gracious. He loved his family and most of all his Lord and Savior and it showed. Even though we are far away and Lloyd is with the Lord we are still near to each other and we will see him again. Praise God! We pray for God's comfort to surround you Martha, Michael and Lana.
- Posted by: Stan & Ruth Dueck (Friend & Family) on: Jul 11, 2012
- It was a honor to have worked with Lloyd at Palliser and to have had him and Mike row on the Komodo Dragons dragon boat team. Good times. Thanks Lloyd! Rest in peace.
- Posted by: Lynne Chabluk (Palliser workmate.) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Lloyd was a good man, steadfast for his family, his friends and his faith. He was a great helper in the Alpha programme at Calvary Temple, always reliable and one who got on with the job. Obviously devoted to his charming wife, Martha. He will be missed by all who knew him. Why did he have to go so young in his years? God knows and that's all that matters for he is now in God's total care for eternity - a nice thought.
- Posted by: chris Kennedy (Friend) on: Jul 4, 2012
- I remember Lloyd as a kind-hearted man who was very engaging and always had a humorous story to tell. I particularly enjoyed some of the stories he told from his days as a truck driver. He was especially proud of his photography and he had a large collection of his favorite shots printed and hung around his cubicle. I respected him for his candor during our lengthy conversations and he was very helpful to me when I worked with him at MAFRI. My condolences to his family.
- Posted by: Curtis Walker (Former Colleague) on: Jul 4, 2012
- Martha, we’re so sorry for your loss. We remember Lloyd from working at Palliser and at Southdale Alliance Church. He worked hard and had a great sense of humour. We were privileged to call him “friend”
- Posted by: Bob & Judy Labossière (Friends) on: Jul 4, 2012
- Lloyd was a great man and person to work with. Lloyd looked after my account - MAFRI - as a CRM for MB Govt. He had ideas on getting the work done and what was needed. He was dedicated, liked a good joke, talked about his family and loved his family. He would make time for you if you came to see him. I enjoyed our talks and I know his co workers will surely miss Lloyd. God's grace to you my friend. Rest in Peace - Greg Braun
- Posted by: Greg Braun (Friend - Manitoba Govt - past CRM for MAFRI) on: Jul 3, 2012
- I remember going to Uncle Jake and Aunt Mary's farm many times. Lloyd was 8 years older than me so I always looked up to him kind of as a boyhood hero. He was always very friendly to us "city cousins" and took us on adventures through the woods and fishing in the stream near their farm. One thing that sticks out in my mind is a trick that he used to play on us. He would tell us to count backward from 10 to 1 and if we looked in the right spot, we would see a gopher. I did it so many times and it never worked. He would always say that "you didn't look in the right spot". I have many fond memories of Lloyd and am so sorry to hear of his passing. Our prayers are with Martha and Michael and Lana at this time. We pray for comfort and peace and hope that you can feel God's presence in your lives during this difficult time.
- Posted by: Rick Klassen (Cousin) on: Jul 3, 2012
- Lloyd was always a pleasure to speak to. I only knew Lloyd for a short period of time, but will miss his keen sense of humour and professionalism.
- Posted by: Bonnie Sands (Professional) on: Jul 3, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.