AA larger | smaller
LOTHAR KRIEG October 18, 1953 - July 10, 2012 It is with heavy hearts that we announce the sudden and tragic passing of Lothar Krieg, age 58. Born in Winnipeg, MB, on October 18, 1953. He will be greatly missed by his wife Barbara Krieg (Searle), daughters Elizabeth Krieg and Krista Krieg with boyfriend Korey Lee, mother Magdalena Krieg, brother Rolf Krieg, niece Taylor Krieg and predeceased father Adolf Krieg. Barbara's father and mother Bill and Yvonne Searle, Barbara's brothers and sisters Noani and David Thiessen, children Trevor (Carolyn) and Nathan (Diane), Norman and Kris Searle, children Tawna and Tanis, Sandra Searle, children Devin and Natalie, Valerie Searle, children Nichole and Taylor. With many more extended family and friends too numerous to mention. Lothar Krieg was an exceptional son, brother, husband, father, nephew, cousin, uncle, and friend. He very much enjoyed building, cooking, billiards, anything to do with the outdoors, especially camping and fishing, and most of all, caring for the people who he loved and teasing the heck out of them. A public celebration of life will be held at the Anola Community Club in the town Anola (Highway 15) on July 20 starting at 1:00 p.m. Please dress very comfortable and casual! In lieu of flowers, donations to the family are welcome. Funeral Arrangements in Care of Wheeler Funeral Home, Cemetery Crematorium 1800 Day Street 224-1525
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 14, 2012
Guest Book(40 entries)
- I worked with Lothar in the other half of the 80's and until '93 when I moved abroad. This was a man I remember. His easy gait, and absolute calm when he came back from the presses with a problem we had done! Always respectful. Something would be wrong, bad plate, colour separation was wrong. We had some rush jobs back then and I remember myself panicking to get the job out, he stood with a calming influence and waited while we fixed up whatever. His presence influenced us all. I remember him first from a long time ago. Drove by 215 Watt Street this summer and it was gone. The whole company. Memories raining down, started googling....and then found this. My condolences to all he was a wonderful person that many could take a lesson from. I still do after almost 20 years gone. Be strong.
- Posted by: Ingrid K. Magnusson (10 years at sunset until 1993) on: Nov 15, 2012
- Lothar was a long time pal and co-worker and I will miss him.
- Posted by: Bradford Bisson (friend,worked at Sunset Thermographers) on: Jul 25, 2012
- Our condolences to you Barb, Elizabeth, Krista & the Krieg & Searle families; you are in our thoughts & prayers.
Howard & Judy Thiessen
- Posted by: Howard & Judy Thiessen (family friends) on: Jul 20, 2012
- I worked with Lothar Krieg at Sunset Thermographers, and I can only say wonderful things about him. Pleasureable, hard worker, trustworthy, friendly, SMILING, down to earth, nothing fake about him, just a great dude... To the family, I will be there for you as long as it takes to help you through the legal system, and will answer any questions down the road. 204-229-9633 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted by: Floyd Wiebe (Worked with Lothar at Sunset Thermographers) on: Jul 20, 2012
- I am so saddened to hear about this tragic loss. Lothar was a pleasure to work with for almost 15 years. Every day he would come to me several times to fix problems he had found at the press. It was always a pleasure to work with him. He will be missed. So sorry for your loss Barb, Rolf, Val and the rest of the family.
- Posted by: Raylene Marengere (co-worker at Sunset Thermographers) on: Jul 20, 2012
- Lothar was a great guy, always willing to help whenever I needed. He will be greaatly missed! My thoughts and prayers are with the Krieg family during this difficult time.
- Posted by: Jo Engel (co-worker/friend at Loewen) on: Jul 19, 2012
- Our hearts go out to Barb, Elizabeth and Krista. A tragic loss of a great guy. We are unable to be there on Friday for the service but you are all in our thoughts and hearts. Take care Barb, Lizzie and Krista. Rest peacefully, Lothar.
- Posted by: Bert and Pam Heinrichs and family (former neighbours in Winnipeg) on: Jul 19, 2012
- It was a pleasure to work with Lothar. He was always friendly and took the time to answer any questions. We were never sure what to believe with him as he could tell the most outrageous tale with a perfectly straight face. My condolences to all his family.
- Posted by: Elaine Tolpa (Worked at Sunset with Lothar) on: Jul 18, 2012
- Love and memories are with all of you and us. We have and cherish them forever. We will be there for you for always. Lothar, BEST friend, we love you and will miss you so deeply.
- Posted by: Charlene, Mike and John Bahrey (Best friends) on: Jul 17, 2012
- My thoughts and prayers are with each you.
- Posted by: Margaret (Coworker @ Loewen) on: Jul 17, 2012
- Lothar was a kind man who was generous with his knowledge of the printing industry. It was an honor and a privilege to work along side him. He will be genuinely missed by all who knew him. Our condolences and prayers are with the entire Krieg family
- Posted by: Darlene Chliboyko & Ron Prevost (Lothars' Co-Workers at Sunset Thermographers) on: Jul 17, 2012
- To Barb and the girls, family and all who knew Lothar, my condolences go out to you. I remember Lothar as a funny, gentle, humble and wise man. This world has lost one of the best.
- Posted by: janet jensen (old friend) on: Jul 17, 2012
- I was shocked and very saddened to hear of Lothar's passing. Lothar was the kind of guy that was always there to lift your spirits, pull a practical joke on you with such a straight face, that made you believe him every time. He was always willing to give a helping hand no matter how busy he was or what kind of day he was having. He has left us far too soon. My thoughts and prayers to all of the Krieg family.
- Posted by: Kim Adams (co-worker at Sunset Thermographers) on: Jul 17, 2012
- I can still see Lothar and his great, gentle smile, joking and teasing us all. He was great to work with and knew how to do everything. It was sad when he left Sunset and even sadder now that he is gone. My prayers to the Krieg family. Such a loss!
- Posted by: Carol Schmidt ((co-worker at Sunset)) on: Jul 16, 2012
- I was saddened to hear the news. Thinking of Lothar immediately brings to mind a kind, hard working, common sense person. The kind of person the world is a little worse off without. Lothar was one of most reliable people I worked with. I always felt that if I needed to go to someone he was at the top of the list. Deanna and I have the family in our thoughts and prayers.
- Posted by: Erv Wiebe (Worked with Lothar for many years) on: Jul 16, 2012
- Lothar was a great person, we shared many laughs while working at Sunset together. You will be missed greatly. Rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers are with the Kreig family.
- Posted by: Linda Young (Friend) on: Jul 16, 2012
- He was a great guy always willing to help us out whenever we needed it. Hard working and awesome to work with and be around. It won't be the same without him he will be greatly missed. Our thoughts go out to the family.
- Posted by: Joanne Carriere/Colette Robinson (Co-workers Loewen Windows) on: Jul 16, 2012
- My condolences to the Krieg family.
We will miss you Lothar!
- Posted by: Joey Ordonez (Co-worker at Sunset) on: Jul 16, 2012
- I am going to miss you so much! I will miss our daily talks about our fishing weekends, and our gardens,and hearing how you did in your weekend pool tournaments! I will miss our xmas gift exchanges and cherish every gift from you especially my dragonfly and red pepper jelly! I will cherish all our memories and remember you forever!! My deepest condolences to you Barb, Krista and Liz. Lothar was a great person!!
- Posted by: Leah Morin (Friend & Co Worker) on: Jul 16, 2012
- Lothar was one of the nicest guys I've ever known, always a pleasure to be around. So sorry for your unbelievable loss Barb and your whole family.
- Posted by: Randy Janzen (Friend) on: Jul 16, 2012
- May you find peace in celebrating Lothar's life. My thoughts are with you all.
- Posted by: Deborah Lougheed (Searle family friend) on: Jul 16, 2012
- I'm sorry to hear of Lothar's passing. He was always there to help me, when I started at Sunset. My condolences to Barb, Rolf and the family
- Posted by: Donna Comte (Friend and co-worker (Sunset Thermographers)) on: Jul 15, 2012
- I was one of those very fortunate people given the opportunity to have known such a great man. Lothar was a very well loved and respected man who was taken from us way too soon. He could brighten up the worst of days and make the good ones even better. Thank you for being a friend. My deepest condolences to the entire family....Lothar you will be greatly missed RIP.
- Posted by: kim almgren (friend) on: Jul 15, 2012
- Very sad to hear the news of Lothar's untimely passing. I had the privilege of working with Lothar at Sunset for almost 18 years. He was one of the most patient, kind and funny guys I've known. Always up for a good practical joke, Lothar never missed an opportunity to "get" one of us . .myself included. We'll all miss you Lothar.
- Posted by: Kathy James (Friend/co-worker) on: Jul 15, 2012
- My sincerest sympathy to the family. I remember Lother always being very friendly. He shared his zuccinni pancake recipe with me. A tragic loss, my prayers are with family.
- Posted by: Shirley Skochylas ((Worked at Sunset Thermographers)) on: Jul 15, 2012
- So sorry to hear about the loss of Lothar he will be greatly missed. My heart goes out to the family. He is one person that will be missed greatly.
- Posted by: Sandra Tanasiciuk (co worker at Sunset Thermographers) on: Jul 15, 2012
- My heart goes out to your Family...such a good man with a good life and such a senseless tragedy. rest in peace Lothar. Hold all the good Memories close to your heart those you will have for ever . Im am so sorry for your great loss.
- Posted by: Julie Moffatt (Friend) on: Jul 15, 2012
- My condolences to the family. Lothar was such a nice man and loved his wonderful sense of humour.
- Posted by: Sandy (Gobin) McNeil (Worked at Sunset Thermographers) on: Jul 15, 2012
- will be remembered as a hard working/nice person, my condolences to the family
- Posted by: wayne kabez (co-worker) on: Jul 15, 2012
- Our condolences to Barb and the girls.
- Posted by: Ernie & Brenda Hemery (Friend & neighbour) on: Jul 14, 2012
- I'm so sorry too here of Lothar passing, My heart goes out too you Barb, Rolf & the rest of the family.
- Posted by: Karen Allary Bodnar (Friend) on: Jul 14, 2012
- Lothar you were an amazing man! No matter how down someone felt you would make it impossible for them to remain down with your teasing ways and smiling face, you will be greatly missed by anyone who was privileged
enough to have known you!!!! You will always be remembered
- Posted by: Penny grant (friend) on: Jul 14, 2012
- This world needs more people like Lothar, who always strived to do the right thing, even when it was a struggle. In life he was kind, caring, loyal and fun to spend time with. He brought those qualities to work, where he was well liked and respected by his co-workers, his supervisors, and those he supervised. Rest in peace, my friend. My condolences to the Krieg family.
- Posted by: Kurt Ganske (Friend and co-worker, Sunset Thermographers) on: Jul 14, 2012
- Awsome guy one of the nicest guys I've gotten to know from any area in my life. A terrible loss to anyone that got to know him even a little bit, may God be with anyone suffering through this terrible tragedy.
- Posted by: Mike Klassen (co-worker Loewen Windows) on: Jul 14, 2012
- Very shocked and saddened by the passing of Lothar. He was the first person I saw for 18 years as I walked into Sunset. Running around getting the days work sorted or fixing a machine. He was the first person I went to when I needed help to find something. He was a good man and will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are will his entire family.
- Posted by: Vanessa Blair (Co-worker and friend) on: Jul 14, 2012
- A great great man who will be missed dearly.
- Posted by: Tanner Almgren (friend) on: Jul 14, 2012
- my thoughts and prayers are with you
- Posted by: pat hillhouse (friend of mother) on: Jul 14, 2012
- Being around Lothar was so comfortable and made me feel good. I'm glad he was in my life.
- Posted by: Deana Rasmussen (Friend) on: Jul 14, 2012
- Your family is in our thoughts and prayers a huge loss of a awesome man and a true hero to his family, a terrible loss to many
- Posted by: Rick Hopman (friend) on: Jul 14, 2012
- Lothar was a friendly, nice, funny guy to work with was a hardworker, he will be missed by many. I am glad I got to know him.
- Posted by: Tammy Tereck (friend, worked at Sunset Thermographers) on: Jul 14, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.