AA larger | smaller
BONNY COLLEEN COOPER (YOUNG) March 16, 1958 - July 20, 2012 It is with profound sadness that we announce the peaceful passing of our beloved Bonny, who left this world for the next, early Friday morning with her husband by her side. Bonny will be forever missed by her husband Kenneth, her son Jesse, her mother Effie Young, her brother Thomas Young and her sisters Tracey Herms (Reinhard) and Cindy Madden (Jeff), and numerous nieces, nephews and friends. In passing she also leaves Patricia, Cathy, Jackie, Shelly, Billy and Barb, and Bernard and Pat. Bonny was predeceased by her father Hiram "Bud" Young and her brother Robert Young. Bonny was born in Winnipeg on March 16, 1958. She was an avid reader and enjoyed family gatherings and celebrations. She was also a dedicated mother and served as the president of the Parent Council at Shaughnessy Park School. She attended Mulvey and River Heights and graduated from Kelvin High School. She completed a year of business school at Red River College. Bonny met Kenny Cooper while living in Edmonton and they were married on July 9, 1983. Together they moved to Halifax where they celebrated the birth of their son Jesse in 1988, and then the family returned to Winnipeg in 1990. Bonny worked for Inlett Systems Group for many years and was well respected by the staff as both a co-worker and friend. Special thanks go to Wendy Dunstone and Doug Russell and the Russell family for their support and kindness. Her family would like to express their gratitude to the kind staff of the 3E wing at the Riverview Health Centre for their compassion and care throughout Bonny's last weeks. Viewing will take place at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 25, 2012, and Funeral services at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 26, 2012, both at Mosaic Funeral and Cremation Services, 1839 Inkster Blvd. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Canadian Cancer Society.
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 23, 2012
Guest Book(11 entries)
- Effie, on behalf of all of your friends at Golden West Centennial Lodge Friday program, we send our deepest sympathies and pray that God will carry yourself and your whole family through this very difficult time.
Words are inadequate at a time such as this, so please know that our thoughts
are with all of you...
- Posted by: Kate Regnier on: Jul 26, 2012
- Uncle Kenny and Jesse - my thoughts are with you. Just want to let you know that in my eyes aunt Bonny will always be a really "cool" aunt. We didn't have the opportunity to sit down and talk much but the few times we did were genuine. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you both.
- Posted by: Jason O'Hearn (Nephew) on: Jul 25, 2012
- Kenny and Jesse, our hearts are so heavy with the feeling of loss that you must feel right now. Bonny didn't let us know how ill she really was. We didn't see Bonny a lot, but when we did, we were aware of what a blessing she was. She was a gentle spirit. Gary and I pray that you will be given peace and a sense of comfort while you go through this very difficult time.
- Posted by: Joan & Gary Keeping (Friends from Nova Scotia) on: Jul 25, 2012
- Kenny, Jesse and family we are sorry for your Loss. Our prayers and thoughts are with you. Al and Rosemarie
- Posted by: Ai and Rosemarie Masters on: Jul 25, 2012
- It is with deep sadness that we mourn the loss of Bonnie, a quiet but extremely genuine person. We will treasure her sweet spirit and are so thankful we were able to be there so she also knew how much we loved her. May God watch over you all in your time of sorrow and your memories comfort you.
- Posted by: Uncle John, Alvina, Leona, Len & Families (Family) on: Jul 24, 2012
- My deepest condolences to the Cooper/Young family.
Bonny always had a genuine concern for others, always willing to cheer you up when you are down. She was so comforting with her words.
- Posted by: shelley cooper ((sister in law)) on: Jul 24, 2012
- Bonny you are one of life's special gifts. An awesome, beautiful and amazing sister-in-law. A sister with a heart and soul so true. You have this magnetic persona that is filled with kindness, generosity, and caring love that touches everyone you meet. I seriously mean everyone from coast to coast. Bonny we will continue to love you. Your kind, warm memories will be everlasting as we sit with a hot tea, reading a book and allowing Laura Secord's white almond chocolate just take us way. Bonny you will be so dearly missed. We love you.
- Posted by: Patricia,Jackie (sister-in-law) on: Jul 23, 2012
- Bonny you will be in our hearts and memories forever. All the good times we had out here on the east coast are treasured dearly.
- Posted by: Bernard Cooper (brother in law) on: Jul 23, 2012
- Bonny & I met in grade 7 at River Heights School. I was new in the area & Bonny made friends with me right away. She was always level headed & always the big sister. I spent many nights at my home away from home. I wish we had more time together. I will always think of you & miss you forever. Karen
- Posted by: Karen Heinrichs (Friend) on: Jul 23, 2012
- My deepest condolences to Kenny and Jesse and to the Young family. I will treasure my memories of Bonny.
- Posted by: Maggie Young (sister-in-law) on: Jul 23, 2012
- Bonny I will miss you; especially your hugs. It was always a pleasure having you come visit the family at the farm; and going to visit you & family. I will always remember you reading a book sitting quietly in a corner at Dad's place or your Mom's place. Rest in peace Bonny, Uncle Bud & Bob. God Bless you Ken, Jesse, Auntie Effie, Tom, Cindy & family, Tracey & family. Love you all & another big hug Bonny love you miss you. Another angel to watch over us. Peace be with you all.
- Posted by: Adeline D. Hupka (Cousin) on: Jul 23, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.