AA larger | smaller
DORIANNE GRUNDY Mom has gone shopping.....On July 26, 2012 Dorianne passed away peacefully with her son by her side. Dorianne is survived by her son Gaylord Grundy, her daughter Pamela Beatson (John), granddaughter Lana Haley (Brennan), great-grandson Nolan Haley, sisters-in-law Edith Shawn, Kay Grundy and Elsie Middleton and numerous nieces and nephews. Dorianne was predeceased by her husband Albert Edward Grundy, father and mother Alexander and Maria Paske, her brothers John Shawn, Freddie and Henry Paske and sister Katie Paske. Dorianne, a true original, will be sadly missed by her family and friends. Thank you Roxanne for your special visits with Mom. Thank you to everyone at Concordia Place, especially the 3rd floor, for their wonderful friendship and care which made it home to Mom. As per Dorianne's wishes, cremation has taken place and there will be no service. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to one's charity of choice in her memory. Mom, we love you and we will miss you. The Hubba Hubbas are together again. LECLAIRE BROTHERS in care of arrangements, 204-775-2220.
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 28, 2012
Guest Book(6 entries)
- Dorianne and Al and Pam and Gaylord were an extension of my family. They opened their home to us when we lived across the street from them and when we lived across the country. From the kitchen table with the cutler in the drawer to the perogies that Dorianne made and served us. Twist contests at birthdays and skating in our back yard. Spraining my arm leaping off Al's homemade brick barbeque--my first visit to emergency. Summer visits in our teens in the city. Dorianne comforting me when I learned my mother was dying of cancer. I will be forever grateful to Dorianne and Al for providing my mother, Ethel Sloane, an oasis of support and caring when domestic chaos reigned just across the street. I still dream about 1178 Burrows avenue and the warmth and the love I felt there. Pam and Gaylord, every parent is bit to their kids, but you two were blessed with two of the best parents--ever. Particularly after my mother died, I left your house feeling just a bit jealous that you guys won the parent lottery. Hubba and Hubba. They even laughed together. They will always be with me--and you.
- Posted by: Blair Sloane--Victoria BC (son she is glad she never had--Barry ditto.) on: Aug 3, 2012
- Dear Pam, John , Gaylord and family - sincere sympathy on the loss of your wonderful mother and grandmother. She was a special lady. May God grant peace to you all.
- Posted by: Linda (Zbyr) Bretecher (Friend) on: Aug 2, 2012
- Dear Pam and Gaylord,
My sincere condolences on the passing of your Mom. I have many fond memories of our friendship and your mother. All of the girls growing up on Burrows had the pleasure of having many "moms". Dorianne was one of them and was quite a character.
May your many wonderful memories of your Mom stay with you forever. Love Lesley
- Posted by: Lesley (Fedoronchuk) Truss (childhood friend of Pam) on: Aug 1, 2012
- Pam and Gaylord my mother (Ollie Carlson) and I are deeply saddened to learn of your dear mother's passing. We were just talking about your mother the other day. Of course the old family home will always be the Grundy house. We've missed her over the last several years. It's nice to know she was a great-mother. We're reminded of your mother's gentle spirit and friendly manner. Whenever your mother walked by there was always good conversation concerning what the 'kids' were up to. Pam my fondest memory is when our mothers were chaperons on a baton trip. I think there was a bit of mischief! Thinking of you at this sad time Ollie & Lynda
- Posted by: Lynda Ruban (friend) on: Jul 28, 2012
- I had the pleasure of staying with the Grundy's for 3 weeks during the flood of 1979. There was a lot of fun and laughter in that household, a concept quite foreign in comparison to the home of my upbringing. Miss you Mrs. G! Rest in peace with your hubba.
- Posted by: Gloria Lasko on: Jul 28, 2012
- Our condolances to Gaylord and Pam and their families. So many wonderful memories of a special neighbour!
- Posted by: Debbie Trittmacher Demant (Ex-neighbour) on: Jul 28, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.