AA larger | smaller
NORMAN HAROLD HAZLEDINE 1935 - 2012 After living with the challenge of MS for 51 years, Norm passed away peacefully on August 2, 2012, surrounded by his family. Norm is survived by his loving wife Shirlee (Morgan) of 54 years, two daughters Angie (Bob) McFadzean and Twila (Bill) Hackney, two grandchildren Rob (Brittany) McFadzean and Brandi, and great-grandchild, Madison. Also his animal buddies, Rowdy Chase Chey, Tony, Molly, and the fish. Norm fought the ultimate fight. He never let what he could not do interfere with what he could do. Norm was known for his artistic flare, sense of humour, sharp wit and his love of writing poetry. Norm was highly respected by his family and friends and was the pillar of strength for our family. His presence will be forever missed. A celebration of Norm's life will be held on Thursday, August 9, 2012, at 2:00 p.m. at Chapel Lawn Funeral Home, 4000 Portage Avenue. A private family interment will follow. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the MS Society. For those who wish to sign the online Guest Book please visit our website. Chapel Lawn www.chapellawn.mb.ca 885-9715
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on August 07, 2012
Guest Book(11 entries)
- I am sorry I have just found out about Norm's passing. His courage and strenth was beyond most men. To all the family our simpathies for your loss. I hold dear the years I worked with him. Eric
- Posted by: Eric & Linda Devodder (co-worker from the past ) on: Dec 17, 2012
- Angie & Family, I'm so sorry for your loss.
- Posted by: Wendy Christie on: Aug 11, 2012
- My Sincere Condolences.
- Posted by: Natalie (Friend) on: Aug 9, 2012
- One of the kindest men we have ever known. What a devoted husband, father and grandfather. You will be forever missed.
- Posted by: Dan,Lisa and Leland (Family) on: Aug 8, 2012
- Hi Auntie Shirlee, hope you're ok. Is there anything I can do? Please call me. I am thinking of you at this time of loss. Take care, love, Kel-leigh
- Posted by: Kel-leigh Glenn (nephew) on: Aug 8, 2012
- Uncle Norm has been a great influence in our lives. He taught us to celebrate and make the best of what you are given. To overcome any obstacle! We know he would want people to celebrate his great life and passion! We will miss you Uncle Norm. Our thoughts are with you Aunt Morgan, Angie, Twila and families.
- Posted by: Dwayne and Gayle Henry (Neice) on: Aug 8, 2012
- Hazledine family - my sincere condolences.
My memory of Norman was his sense of humour, love for his family. May he rest in peace.
- Posted by: Pat Dixon on: Aug 7, 2012
- NORM WAS ONE OF THE CLASSIEST MOST GENTLE AND CARING MAN WE HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF KNOWING. WE ALWAYS ENJOYED GETTING TOGETHER FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS. OUR LIVES ARE BETTER FOR MEETING NORM. YOU WILL BE MISSED OUR FRIEND.
- Posted by: HOLM FAMILY (FRIENDS) on: Aug 7, 2012
- Norm was a valued friend and neighbor. Sterling could spend hours chatting with Norm and always came home with a smile on his face. Norm always had stories to tell and we enjoyed listening to them. I can still see Norm and his beautiful wife, Morgan, going for a walk, she alongside his wheelchair. Sometimes, upon their return, they would wash the van together. Norm with the hose and Morgan doing the rubbing. Rest in peace Norm, you earned it.
- Posted by: CecileHebert & Sterling Duguay (Ex neighbors ) on: Aug 7, 2012
- I worked with Norm for many years and valued his friendship and kindness. The world will be a poorer place without him.
- Posted by: Linda Chodyniecki (co-worker) on: Aug 7, 2012
- Thinking of you Morgan at this sad time
lots of love Liz and wee Nora.
- Posted by: Liz Taylor (friend) on: Aug 7, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.