AA larger | smaller
WILFRED STENSON It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Wilfred Stenson on August 15, 2012. Wilfred was predeceased by Jannet, his wife of 62 years, and his great-grandson Matteo. Wilfred will be dearly missed by his daughter Shiela (Martin), son Ken (Gail), grandchildren Ashley (Ian), Russell, Christopher (Jessica), Shauna (Francesco) and great-grandson Mattox. Special thanks to the staff on 2 south at Grace Hospital for their compassion and care. Respecting Dad's wishes, cremation has taken place. Remembrance will be held on Friday, August 24, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. at Chapel Lawn Funeral Home, 4000 Portage Ave. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Children's Hospital (NICU) CE 501-840 Sherbrook St. R3A 1S1. Chapel Lawn www.chapellawn.mb.ca 885-9715
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on August 18, 2012
Guest Book(8 entries)
- Oh we will so miss you Uncle Wilf. Whenever he saw us it was "And Eugene is here also". Always a hug and a kiss. I loved hearing all the stories about his and Aunty Jan's trips to the farm in Lydiatt. No matter how many times we heard it they were still so funny. One of my favorites that were told by my parents and Uncle Wilf. Uncle Wilf and Aunty Jan were staying at the farm upstairs in the summer, Of course before air conditioning and was very hot so I guess Uncle Wilf decided to sleep on the floor where it was cooler, Well I guess in the morning he was stuck to the linoleum and carried the floor pattern on his back for the rest of the morning. There are too many stories to mention from chasing cows to milking I will so miss the stories and love you and Aunty Jan forever. They are together again.
- Posted by: Eugene and Eleanor Stefaniuk (my uncle) on: Sep 3, 2012
- Dear Sheila and family. It was with sadness that we read about your Dad. Your Dad was always very kind and caring to all the staff that worked in his home. He always said "just waiting to join my wife". He spoke of her often. He is to be remembered. Our sincere condolences
- Posted by: Trish, Jim , Lynn and staff of Class A Service Ltd. on: Aug 24, 2012
- Ken, Shiela and families. My heartfelt condolences at your time of loss. He will be missed dearly by all the Ridley gang.
- Posted by: Willie Arnason and family (Friend and Neighbor) on: Aug 23, 2012
- So sorry to hear of Uncle Wilf's passing. I just heard last night. I'm sure there will be drinks going around the table with Jannet and Mom and Dad. I will try to make it in for the memorial tomorrow. Hugs to all of you.
- Posted by: Michele MacLure (niece) on: Aug 23, 2012
- What a beautiful picture of Grandma and Grandpa. I'll bet they're sitting under the apple tree right now! :) sending you our love.
- Posted by: Kerri and Cory Waldbauer on: Aug 20, 2012
- Always a big wave then he'd wander on over for a chat. Conversation would always start the same "what did you say? Hold on, have to turn my hearing aid up!" Didn't know anyone in the area that didn't know him, or that he didn't know. The only one who didn't seem to appreciate him was my dog Sam. He couldnt step out his back door without her having a barking attack. I'd apologize, and he'd always say "she's just saying hi, don't worry about it" Always looking out for me, and looking out for my kids. Halloween won't be the same without the single wagon wheel that I always knew was from him
Will be greatly missed. Hard to replace. Have a dance with Jannet..
- Posted by: monica middlestead (neighbor) on: Aug 20, 2012
- Dear Ken and Gail, Sheila and Marty,
Losing a parent is so very difficult, no matter their age or ours. Wishing you peace and strength at this very sad time.
- Posted by: Susan & Gerry Rogers (friends) on: Aug 18, 2012
- Our sincere condolences to the family. He was a great uncle and will be deeply missed by all. Rest in piece uncle Wilfred.
- Posted by: Ralph, Marlene Jackson &Family. (Nephew) on: Aug 18, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.