AA larger | smaller
JOHN MACDONALD HILL With heavy hearts the family announces the passing of John Hill who passed away at the Victoria General Hospital, on Thursday, August 16, 2012 at the age of 73 years. John was predeceased by his beloved wife on April 30, 2012. He will be lovingly remembered by their two sons Christopher and Philip, his brother Paul and his family, as well as numerous family members both here and abroad. Viewing will be held Friday, August 24, 2012 between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., Glen Lawn Funeral Home, 455 Lagimodiere Blvd. Funeral Service will also be held at the funeral home at 1:00 p.m. A reception will follow in Glen Lawn Reception Centre. Friends wishing may make a donation in memory of John to the St. Vital Catholic Church. Special thanks to all that gave love and support to both John and his family. Always Loved and Remembered Family and friends may sign a Book of Condolence at www.glenlawn.ca. GLEN LAWN FUNERAL HOME 982-7550
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on August 20, 2012
Guest Book(9 entries)
- While working in the Computer Center in Montreal, blessed was I to have him as a friend. Many fond memories. May you rest in peace.
- Posted by: Carmine Apa (co-worker) on: Aug 25, 2012
- I did know John having working in Online control and sharing lots of talk especially during night shift and long weekend (12 hours shift). We did install TRACS in INDIA together and again share many souvenirs. I am sorry to hear his departure.
- Posted by: Richard Chabot (co-worker) on: Aug 24, 2012
- Sorry to hear of John's passing. Many fond memories of John and the times we shared while he lived and worked in Quebec. Rest in peace John.
- Posted by: Brian Murray (Friend and co-worker ) on: Aug 23, 2012
- I was sorry to see an old friend passing. John was a good friend for many years when I was at CN in the On-line Control. We had many talks about many subjects. Sympathies to the Hill Family. David Delcloo, Kingston, IN
- Posted by: David A. Delcloo (EX CNer) on: Aug 23, 2012
- Have not seen John since 1987 the year I retired but remember him as a very nice guy, very smart, very respected, great contributor.
Sorry to hear about Phyllis also, but they are together again.
Our Sympathy to surviving family members
- Posted by: Joe O'Sullivan (Retired fellow employee Montreal) on: Aug 23, 2012
- John and I worked together for many in years in the CNR computer room in Montreal. John was a few years older than myself and was my mentor, teacher and good friend. I will always have fond memories of John, may he rest in peace.
- Posted by: Richard Rosevear (Friend and co-worker at CNR in Montreal) on: Aug 23, 2012
- So sorry Chris and Philip to hear about the passing of your Mom and Dad. We have many great memories of our time in FRCC together. They will now be joined together again. God Bless you both and your Families at this time.
- Posted by: Ron and Harriett Hewitt (Co-Worker and Friend) on: Aug 22, 2012
- Looking back I see John and my Aunt Phyllis together during their courtship and then marriage...it was a beautiful time. The good Lord took Phyllis home in April and now He has brought John home so that they can be together once again...we take comfort in knowing this. Peace is yours in His loving presence.
- Posted by: Jennifer Persad (niece-in-law) on: Aug 22, 2012
- John will be missed by his friends. We worked together many years ago at CNR's data centre, and John was highly respected by everyone. Rest peacefully John, and God bless.
- Posted by: Lawrence Borys (Friend) on: Aug 20, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.