AA larger | smaller
CHRISTINE ANN LEWIN Christine Lewin passed away peacefully on August 24, 2012, after a lengthy illness. She was predeceased by her mother Esme. Christine is survived by her father Bernard, husband Walter, children, Jodi-Lee (Dave), Bob (Colleen), and grandchildren, Jordan, Abigail, Bennett, William, and Joseph. She leaves to mourn her brother David, uncle John, and nieces Marci-Ann, Rebecca, and Allison. We would like to express sincere gratitude to all of the staff at St. Boniface Hospital. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Wednesday, August 29 at 10:00 a.m. at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, 250 Burrin Ave. A private family interment will take place at a later date. If friends so desire, donations in Christine's memory may be made to a charity of their choice. CROPO FUNERAL CHAPEL 204-586-8044
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on August 27, 2012
Guest Book(12 entries)
- I had the pleasure of seeing Chris every 5 weeks in my hair salon for many years. Despite our 40 year age difference, her and I had so much in common. We shared stories about her children; my children, and her grandkids with whom she was so devoted to. She was such an independent woman, and I know she struggled with having to be so dependent on Walter the last couple of years. However, to protect her loved ones, she held up a strong front despite her frustrations with her illness. I will truly miss her and her wisdom. Hugs to the family.
- Posted by: Vikki Gouveia (Chris's hairstylist) on: Sep 13, 2012
- I am so sorry about your wife, grandma and mom.
She worked at our school for years and was so kind to all of the children.
She always had a smile on her face.
Our family sends our sympathy to all of you,
The Brooks Family.
- Posted by: Lisa Brooks (acquaitence) on: Aug 30, 2012
- Angels Comfort Those Who Grieve
Angels comfort those who grieve
The death of someone dear
To lose someone that you love
Can become the biggest fear
When we die we walk alone
The suffering are left behind
There’s comfort when an angel’s near
It soothes our thoughts and mind
Angels comfort those who grieve
To help mend their broken heart
God will heal what time cannot
Bridging the distances apart
Memories held within our heart
Of the one who had to leave
The pain one feels deep inside
Will diminish when one grieves
WRITTEN BY: KYM ERICKSON aka KELLEY MCQUADE
- Posted by: Kelley McQuade (cousin) on: Aug 29, 2012
- I'm so sorry to hear of Christine's passing. Christine was a lovely person. She was my daughter Jessica's special needs aid at Victory School. She was always so patient and kind to my daughter. Rest in peace.
- Posted by: Maria, Alfred and Jessica Figueiredo (Friend) on: Aug 28, 2012
- Our sincerest condolences, to the Lewin family, Chris was a beautiful person. There was nothing she would not do for you. She will be sadly missed by all.
- Posted by: JERRY & SHIRLEY EVANS (FRIENDS) on: Aug 28, 2012
- You will be missed
- Posted by: Emma (Friend) on: Aug 28, 2012
- Candles will be lit tomorrow at St. Joseph's Church in Placentia, CA for all your family and masses will be said for Christine on September 25 and on October 2 at St. Joseph's. May you each find comfort during this time from friends and family and the many prayers offered for all.
- Posted by: Sandi Charlesworth (Friend of John McQuade and Family) on: Aug 28, 2012
- Sincere condolences. Chris was a dedicated,
kind and compassionate individual who always
brightened the room with her presence.
- Posted by: Walter Sorokowski (former colleague (Victory School)) on: Aug 28, 2012
- We wish that we could be there with all of you. Please know that you are in our thoughts and that we send our love with warm hugs.
- Posted by: Joan, Allan and Dawn (family in Toronto) on: Aug 28, 2012
- Within our church group I could always rely on Chris to replace me if needed. She was the most kind; compassionate & most beautiful person one could meet. She will be sadly missed by all who knew her & especially Cathy & me.
- Posted by: John & Cathy Harrison (Friend & fellow church group member) on: Aug 27, 2012
- My sincerest condolences to the Lewin family. I met Mrs. Chris when my daughters attended Tiny Tots. We also took a few child care courses at Red River along with Mrs. Donna. When Chris and Donna left Tiny Tots I took it over. So sorry that she had to leave us way too soon.
- Posted by: Louise Synychych (Mrs. Louise) (Friend) on: Aug 27, 2012
- To my very dear friend Chris, you will be sadly missed but not forgotten.
- Posted by: Deanne (Friend) on: Aug 27, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.