AA larger | smaller
JEANNE SKROOPKA (nee LAMOUREUX) Peacefully on September 19, 2012, just 92 years young, our matriarch crossed over. Left to celebrate her life are six children, 16 grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren, nine great-great-grandchildren, and many other family and friends. Memorial Mass will be held Monday, September 23, 2012, at 11:00 a.m. at St. Joseph's RC Church, 355 Andrews Street, Winnipeg, MB. Reception to follow at Friends Funeral Service, 2146 Main Street. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to Hope Centre Health Care, 240 Powers St., Winnipeg, MB.
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on September 22, 2012
Guest Book(19 entries)
- You have left an example to us who are left behind: Your value of independence, pushing yourself when you were tired and weak, and most of all your selfless caring of those around you even during your last chapter on this earth. I have been blessed to know you!
May God comfort all those who will miss you so very much.
- Posted by: Fenella on: Oct 13, 2012
- Our deepest sympathy to all Grandma Jeanne's family. We are all truly fortunate to have had her touch our lives in so many ways. May her wonderful humour, strength of character, honesty and commitment to family be lessons we remember to keep in our own lives.
- Posted by: Fergus Family (Friends) on: Oct 6, 2012
- My deepest condolences on the loss of an amazing woman. She was a pure delight to have met with a very warm spirit. I enjoyed meeting her and seeing all of the warmth and love that she had for you Cameron and your children. May she rest in peace now and live on in the spirit of your family members. God bless you always. Corrina Kaleta & Family
- Posted by: Corrina Kaleta (Friend of family) on: Oct 1, 2012
- Pet-de-soeur,sucre a creme,Galette Grandmere
A spirt that touched us all, and some even got the claw
We fall back, to the memories of that determined spirit
Gramma you are in our hearts, and will be forever missed
Till one day again we see you at the gates, and get a nice big kiss
- Posted by: Troy and Kim Fogarty (Grandson) on: Sep 30, 2012
- May you rest in peace Aunty Jeanne. My heartfelt condolences go out to your family. PS...Please give Nana a hug :)
- Posted by: Leanne Kerr (Great-niece) on: Sep 29, 2012
- Dearest Aunty...such a beautiful, loving woman with a sense of humour matched by none. I am SOOO glad we were able to visit you not too long ago;I have such wonderful memories of our time with you. You will be greatly missed. Please give my Nana a warm hug and kiss when you meet your sister in heaven. I love you....
- Posted by: Deb Coradazzo (Great Niece) on: Sep 28, 2012
- You will be sadly missed, now rest in peace
- Posted by: Peter Fogarty (Grandson) on: Sep 24, 2012
- My condolences to Rose-Marie and her family. I have never met any of you but have been in touch with Rose-Marie through our mutual interest in genealogy. My thoughts and prayers to all of you who loved this beautiful lady. I am sure she will be missed by all of you.
Elaine Harper Demers Ware Massachusetts
- Posted by: Elaine Demers (Friend ) on: Sep 24, 2012
- Our sympathies go out to Cliff Skroopka and his family on the loss of his mother. Please know that our thoughts are with you at this time.
- Posted by: From the staff at Seaforth, Midland and KP yards. on: Sep 24, 2012
- Mom we will all miss you. Your sense of humor will be sorely missed. Liz
- Posted by: Elizabeth Skroopka (daughter inlaw) on: Sep 23, 2012
- My family's condolences for the Skroopka family. She will be dearly missed. She was the most kindest "mom" I have ever known.
- Posted by: Rachel Olynyk (Friend) on: Sep 23, 2012
- I have known the family for a number of years, and have had phone conversations with--Jeanne on numerous occasions--God will Bless her and we shall All miss her
"My She Rest in Peace".
- Posted by: Roy Kennedy, Victoria BC (Friend of the Family--CloseFriend of Rose-Marie.) on: Sep 23, 2012
- Condolences to the family
- Posted by: Norman and Doris Irwin (friend) on: Sep 23, 2012
- Although we did not know Jeanne personally, we have met her daughter Rose-Marie and know that if she is anything like her mother, her mother must have been a wonderful person. Our deepest sympathy to the entire family, may God bless all of you.
- Posted by: John and Lucy Dalpe and family on: Sep 22, 2012
- Dear Skroopka Family
My heart and thoughts are with you at this time. Your Mom and I always shared birthday wishes together on August 1st.
Your Mom worked so hard for you kids and she was so proud of all of you!
On Alfred she always had a beautiful garden and gorgeous flowers.
Your Mom will be missed but never forgotten as she will always be in your hearts.
- Posted by: Denise H. (Childhood friend from Alfred Avenue) on: Sep 22, 2012
- Thank you for your many years of loving memories and experiences. Your sence of humour is never outdone by any.
Your husband, family and friends will be waiting for you. Enjoy your time getting to know them again and we will see you soon. With love, Ronald and Family
- Posted by: J. Ronald P. Fogarty (Great Grand Son) on: Sep 22, 2012
- Our sincere sympathies to Rose-Marie and her family.
- Posted by: Paul & Paula Lamoureux (Cousin) on: Sep 22, 2012
- My memories of auntie Gene are of her scenic murals on her wall. Her big comfy love hugs and all the goodies she would feed us when grama Lamoureux (marryanne Lamoureux ) would take me and Kimmie to visit on Saturday mornings. These memories I will continue to cherish.
- Posted by: Karlee Lamoureux (Niece) on: Sep 22, 2012
- Our dear Mother will be sadly missed by her loving family, and large extended family and countless friends. Love you Mom
- Posted by: Rose-Marie Lamoureux/Fogarty (Daughter) on: Sep 22, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.