AA larger | smaller
DANIELLE JEANINE RICHER January 1, 1975 - March 1, 2013 Danielle Jeanine Richer, beloved daughter of Donna and Serge Richer, passed away at the St. Boniface Hospital on March 1, 2013 at 12:10 a.m. with her parents at her side. She was 38 years old. She was born and raised in Swan River, MB. It was a great sense of accomplishment and pride for Danielle when she received her nursing license in 2003. She knew that her chosen path would allow her to be the caregiver that she was predestined to be. She was employed by the Deer Lodge Centre in Winnipeg after her graduation and nursed there until she became ill in January 2013. Her work was always very important to her. Danielle's mental strength and courage were very evident and amazing to all family and friends who spent time with her while she battled her illness in the hospital. Her mom and Dad wish to thank them for their support and extend their appreciation to the staff at the St. Boniface Hospital for the wonderful, compassionate care that they showed to Danielle. Danielle's family always saw her as their special gift from God, and they will always treasure the special bond that they had with her on this earth. Her family's words to her are, "We love you and we'll see you when we see you". Prayers will be celebrated on Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. in the Coutu Funeral Chapel, 680 Archibald St. Mass will commence on Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 10:30 a.m. in St. John Brebeuf Roman Catholic Church, 1707 John Brebeuf Place, Winnipeg. A prayer service commemorating Danielle's life will also be held on Saturday, March 9, 2013 at 11:30 a.m. from the chapel of Swan Valley Funeral Services Ltd., 363 Kelsey Trail, Swan River, MB. Burial will follow at Birchwood Cemetery in Swan River where she will be laid to rest next to her beloved brother. If friends so desire, donations may be made in Danielle's memory to CancerCare Manitoba Foundation, 675 McDermot Ave., Room ON1160, Winnipeg, MB R3E 0V9 or to the Winnipeg Humane Society, 45 Hurst Way, Winnipeg, MB R3T 9Z9. Funeral arrangements entrusted to: SWAN VALLEY FUNERAL SERVICES LTD. 363 Kelsey Trail (Hwy. 10) Swan River, MB Phone: 204-734-5775 The Coutu Family in care of arrangements: E.J. COUTU & CO. FUNERAL DIRECTORS 680 Archibald Street 204-253-5086 ejcoutu.com
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on March 05, 2013
Guest Book(7 entries)
- Serge & Donna-
How sad I was to hear of the loss of your beautiful daughter. My thoughts and care are with you both as you face this difficult experience. May your memories and the support of those around you be a comfort. Take Care. Love, Adele
- Posted by: Adele Pizzey (nee McDonald) (Classmate of Serge jr.) on: Mar 11, 2013
- As far as I can remember being in school I remember you Danielle
You were a great person. I still remember our long talks that will always be with me. God really does take the good ones. Rest in peace.
- Posted by: Dave Griffith (grew up together) on: Mar 9, 2013
- Whenever I had a shift with Daneille I was always so excited. She was fun and spirited. I really enjoyed her company and I really appreciated her friendship. I am truly sorry to hear of her passing.
- Posted by: Jennifer Peel (friend) on: Mar 7, 2013
- I am so sorry to hear of Danielle's passing. I met Danielle through being friends with Mila and Lindsay Stout. She always had a welcome smile and Hi. Her sense of humor and energetic spirit were quick to surface in the chats around the kitchen table. In 2002 I vividly remember Danielle coming out to visit the Stouts at their sailboat in Gimli. That evening, Danielle joined Lindsay and I for a sail. There was big wind and waves which made for a real action ride with a definite heel to the boat. It was a challenge to helm under these conditions. Danielle was there to meet the elements and steer Rhumb Runner with her hair flying in the wind, the moon shining, waves slapping, and spray flying with Lindsay finally falling asleep curled up in one corner of the cockpit. It was a super sail and Danielle was asking if she was doing a good job. It was her first time to helm a sailboat, and she was a natural! That moment lasts with me and this is how I remember Danielle and her firey spirit. We will miss her.
- Posted by: Cliff Carefoot (Friend) on: Mar 6, 2013
- My Dani, my heart is broken. I’m so overwhelmed; I can hardly think of a childhood memory that doesn’t involve you. I will miss your beautiful voice and all the times you sang to me. I keep thinking of these past few years and the hours we laughed and reminisced; you kept us young. All the “remember when’s”, all the good times and our secrets we will forever share. You have a beautiful soul. You took a part of me with you so just hold on to that and I will see you again someday. I love you with all my heart, and I will miss you every day. Thank you for your precious friendship.
- Posted by: Michelle Terrien on: Mar 6, 2013
- Serge and Donna: There are no words to express the sadness of your loss(es). I am so sorry!
I only hope and pray that you will have continued strength to go forward knowing that Danielle is at peace. Her life was far too short and I feel as though despite the many years we were not in touch that we quickly picked up where we left off-with many great childhood memories and a deep sense of true friendship!
We even had a good chuckle in the last few days (despite her weak and fragile state) when she said "Diane -you have such a cute little butt" -We actually had to ask her to repeat it considering the circumstances- we did not expect such a comment- and sure enough we all looked at each other and smiled...that I will cherish forever!
Danielle: I am so glad we had the opportunity to reconnect. I will never forget the memories you gave me -especially the sound of your angelic voice on my wedding day.
Thank you for showing me such beauty and courage. I only hope you have found peace- and will have the comfort of our big brother by your side.
I am honoured to be your pallbearer!
I will miss you dearly but not forget you!!!
- Posted by: Diane Sluis (Family Friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
- Danielle when I first met you at Chris's house we instantly clicked.... You were a wonderful person, you will truly be missed.
- Posted by: Joann (Friend) on: Mar 5, 2013
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.